Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Rookie มือใหม่

Default Uk online visa application - document processing location

I am in the UK my partner in Thailand. Therefore most of the supporting documents are with me.

Question:

If i apply online here on her behalf using the 'applying for someone else' will the main bulk of the application need to be processed here in Sheffield or sent to her for processing in Thailand?

i realise she has a Biometric interview as part of the process but from what i read this only involves her passport/tb test. Would the rest need to go to her for this or would she send her bits for me after her interview to process en-masse here?

Many Thanks

DX

I can only guess that you are wanting a Settlement visa for your partner but you haven’t specified that it is the case.

If it is she will also need an A1 English test (or the equivalent taken in Thailand) and a TB test. If her English is good get her to take the B1 test, again, or the equivalent taken in Thailand which will save at least £150. She will need to attend VFS in Bangkok but she can also go to the centre in Chiang Rai to submit her biometrics and have a photo taken.

As far as I am aware all of the decision making is now done in Sheffield and you will need to send the rest of the documents to them. You don't actually need to send the language certificate with the visa application if it's the same as the UK. Just the number they give you after the test has been passed. My wife got her Settlement visa in 2016 so it was quite different but the fundamentals are the same.

Visit visas are now sent to Delhi.

A few people on here have been through the process more recently and will no doubt fill in the finer points.

Rookie มือใหม่

Cheers for the info. Yes its a settlement visa. She has the A1 test and the TB test with her.

I think ill need to get her to print out the application and sign it before sending it back to me as they dont seem to allow digital signatures, that is easy enough as i can email it to her to print. I am under the impression maybe wrongly that all the supporting stuff has to go to Sheffield. I have read so many things on so many forums my head gets cloudy....

Member สมาชิก

Hi
    i am currently looking at this. My understanding is your wife needs to take the application form to her appointment at the Trendy building and then you need to find a way for it to go to Sheffield alongside the rest of your supporting information.

"She will need to attend VFS in Bangkok but she can also go to the centre in Chiang Rai "
    https://www.gov.uk/government/news/u...-in-chiang-mai
    Centre for Northern Thailand is in Chiang Mai City.
    bangkok mags

OOPs. I meant Chiang Mai. Not Chiang Rai.

Rookie มือใหม่

Hi i'm going through the same process. But i'm waiting for my wife to pass the A1. The VFS website confuses everything. Yes most of the documents are with you. But they say you must bring ALL supporting docs to the application centre where they will be scanned into digital format. I still have not got a clear answer from UK visa and immigration if this means my documents as the sponsor. I need to know because i will take them personally to Bangkok. Have a look VFS website and if you can make sense of it

Rookie มือใหม่

Yeah this is confusing me also. I have contacted UK visa and they basically tell me nothing and refer me to web documents that say equally little. I dont want to screw up the application and may simply have to leave it until i can get some definative answers. Without doubt the most stressful thing i have ever tried to do

Which documents go to the Biometric interview and which go to Sheffield? Can they not answer a simple question.....
    Last edited by DeadX; 8th Jul 2018 at 10:46. Reason: grammar

Member สมาชิก

Hi

See below Confirmation of Settlement Visa Appointment at VFS Global, Bangkok that was sent to my wife in May.

The appointment should last approximately 15 minutes.
    YOU HAVE BOOKED A STANDARD VISA APPOINTMENT
    Please bring:
    - a print out of your appointment confirmation
    - a signed print out of your visa application form
    - your passport
    - a tuberculosis (TB) test certificate if you are going to the UK for more than 6 months
    - if you are under 18, a signed letter of consent from a parent or guardian
    - any other documents to support your application.

For further information about preparing your supporting documents for electronic scanning and digitalization at the Visa Application Centre please go to http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/Thailand/. Supporting documents must be in English or you must provide a certified translation.

Please arrive at the visa application centre 10 minutes before your appointment. If late, you may need to re-book.

So your wife needs to take the Signed Application Form to the Interview but it is not retained. Her Thai Passport is retained during the Visa Processing. The Application Form and TB Certificate along with any other documents and Translations need to be sent to you by your wife and included with all other Supporting Documents in your possession. These are then submitted to Sheffield and will be returned to you after being scanned about 2 weeks later.

Having just done the same I then posted the TB Certificate and any other important Documents back to my wife in preparation (hopefully) for her journey to the UK.

Hope this helps.

Rookie มือใหม่

Thanks Stevie, i had read similar but also stuff that contradicts it. It is nice to get some information that is fairly recent. Fingers crossed for you (and me).

Rookie มือใหม่

I thought it was all cleared up with the information from Steviewander. But i have just got this email back from UK Visas and immigration
    UK Visas and Immigration (ukvisupport@mailgb.custhelp.com)To:you Details

Dear David

Thank you for contacting the UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiries Service as of the 4th of July, regarding instructions to submit your supporting documents.

In response to your latest Query, I can confirm that "all supporting documentation" should be brought with the applicant upon attending the biometrics appointment. for more information please see the link below.

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/th/en/va...bring-with-you

The supporting document guidance below also specifies that for settlement applications, said documentation should be sent to the address outlined.

Member สมาชิก

This process is a minefield I know.

Following my own research I understood from other Forum Members that in October 2017 there was a change and Supporting Documents for Settlement Applications had to be sent to the address in Sheffield and prior to this all documents were scanned at VFS Bangkok.

Either the process has very recently changed or if you have booked a Priority or Premium Service then maybe the Supporting Documents and Application Form are checked and scanned at VFS Global?

My wife had booked a Standard Appointment as recently as 15th May and no documents were scanned at her Appointment and we were required to post them to Sheffield, which have since been scanned and returned to me.

The E mail reply from UK Immigration does certainly appear to contradict the information on the VFS Website link?

All very strange but maybe responsibility has been given back to VFS Bangkok. Certainly the Processing time for Settlement Applications had increased from 8 weeks to 12 weeks over the past few months.

Sorry I cannot provide the clarity you need but maybe someone else can.