Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  30
Likes Likes:  44
Dislikes Dislikes:  12
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Divorce

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ vanbobble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by banporman View Post
    Too many get married to Thais when they have zero in common with them, they go for looks and a pleasant personality, often there is not much beyond that. Boredom, mistrust and misunderstandings then start after a few years with money and her family often the main problems, if you really did marry a wrong 'un add gambling and drinking as well.
    Guys come over here and 'fall in love with the culture' but after years they actually often don't have much of a clue about it. If you have nothing in common it's like a ship heading for the rocks from day one.
    Why generalise about a whole nation of people? you do realise everyone is different don't you? Not all thai women like the same things. Sounds like you are talking from experience, I hope things have worked out for you since then - if not, try being positive

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

So.. I am pleased to confirm that despite a nasty hangover, the divorce went smoothly. Things with the ex were civil. Took one hour to get to Lak-Si, only took an hour there at the office, then an hour back. Was done by 12pm.

I would like to recommend Anglo-Thai Legal to anyone who needs legal representation in Thailand. John Lewis was very professional and helpful and a really funny guy.. how he got my ex to smile and laugh whilst she was signing the house into my sole name is a mystery. Khun Amy (the managing director) and Khun Pai (assistant who travelled to Amphur with me and acted as translator) were both great too

All in all, a good day.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Congrats, if that’s the correct thing to say, and thanks for posting.

Best of luck in the future!

well you can generalize about divorce, it's sad and happens far too often. More likely if you marry a foreigner that you have little in common with and where you don't understand her culture enough, and the same goes for her.

well you can generalize about divorce, it's sad and happens far too often. More likely if you marry a foreigner that you have little in common with and where you don't understand her culture enough, and the same goes for her.
    If you marry anyone that you have little in common with the same applies ? by your reckoning you are accusing practically everyone on the forum of being naive and or stupid. Your posts are insulting and distasteful of the kind frequently seen on Thaivisa. That's why I rarely visit to avoid dumb comments like the one quoted.
    Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์

Just curious, banporman - are you still married?

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ vanbobble's Avatar

Such a shame that mod's have had to step in and delete a lot of posts on this thread, given the circumstances it is probably me you should be the bitter one

Fortunately for me things have worked out for the best, I think I have made that pretty clear throughout the thread

I realise that some out have had very bad experiences and cannot see the positive side of things but at the end of the day that is down to your own perception

The reason why I post much more on this forum that the other one is due to the lack of negativity on here.. something I really hope does not change

Just remember that every situation is different, there are lots of happy thai farang couples, do not insult them with generalisations.

Quote Originally Posted by livingwithathaigirl View Post
    Just curious, banporman - are you still married?
    16 years married

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์

That's good to hear.
    Haven't you had any major issues in that time?
    Are your values really the same or do you just keep peace by avoiding arguments?
    I've been married over 6 years myself, back in the UK.
    3 trips back to Thailand since to keep her happy.

We argue, we get on each others nerves a lot and ignore each other as much as possible. My Mrs could never live in the UK, too cold, crap food and would miss her family. She has been a couple of times, not very impressed.

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์

Banporman,
    Really?
    I've heard of Thai-UK marriages surviving a long time by ignoring each other a lot.
    Are you really happy with that though?
    Not everyone would be. I wouldn't feel secure.
    9 years ago I'd argue a lot with my wife.
    9 times out of 10 I'd be the one to give in to keep the peace. Not now though.

We argue, we get on each others nerves a lot and ignore each other as much as possible.
    16 years must feel like a hundred but well done for sticking it out
    Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

Old Hand มือเก่า

We argue, we get on each others nerves a lot and ignore each other as much as possible. My Mrs could never live in the UK, too cold, crap food and would miss her family. She has been a couple of times, not very impressed.
    Do you live in Thailand?

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk