Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  30
Likes Likes:  44
Dislikes Dislikes:  12
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Divorce

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Sammy Shrimper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    My suspicions of another Troll are even stronger now. Mods, do you detect anything from the style of posting? Seems familiar to me, I think an old nuisance is back.
    Think what you want Flip. I am entitled to make an opinion. Because you don't like what I post you think I'm a Troll? I'm sure the moderators would remove my posts if they had crossed a line. I'm quite open to who I am, and for the record I have never been a member of this forum before. If you don't like my posts, stop reading them.
    Get busy living or get busy dying

Pateley Bridge, North Yorkshire/ Khao Yai, Korat

I'm not about to get into a slanging match with you Sammy. If you're not a troll, please try to adapt to the way things are on Thai-UK. People post in a completely different style on Thai Visa - you will note this site is very different.

Point taken. Perhaps I've been a little harsh with my comments. I must have a different view to other members. However life would be boring if we all thought the same way. I'll do my best to tone it down.

Old Hand มือเก่า

The bit about Toms is bizarre. I remember loads of girls who were with other girls due to mistrusting the men.

My wife hated the weather, food and just about everything but that was due to a complete lack of effort. The others we knew there preferred it to Thailand. I often found it hard to fathom how they did but they did nonetheless.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ vanbobble's Avatar

Ok guys, question.

I understand if divorcing at the same Amphur / Ket in which you were married would mean that I do not need to get my passport translated

Would this still apply if I have renewed my UK passport since getting married in Thailand in 2012?

Member สมาชิก

Hi

I got divorced at the same Amphur as I got married in and did not need to translate my passport but we needed to pay for the services of a translator at the Amphur to explain proceedings to me. Even though everyone in the room clearly spoke English. Also if they had a UK Visa don't forget to notify UK Immigration that there Visa is no longer valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl View Post
    Hi

I got divorced at the same Amphur as I got married in and did not need to translate my passport but we needed to pay for the services of a translator at the Amphur to explain proceedings to me. Even though everyone in the room clearly spoke English. Also if they had a UK Visa don't forget to notify UK Immigration that there Visa is no longer valid.
    cheers carl.. my concern is that my current passport was issued after I got married. Did you renew yours inbetween?

Member สมาชิก

no sorry I didn't renew. It was a very short lived thing

Perhaps Tobias can help answer my question

Furniture เฟอร์นิเจอร์

I still have my old passport after expired and the corner cut.
    Do you still have your old one?
    I take my old one along if something that it was used for needs to be renewed. However it never has been needed as all the required information has been transferred.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmbo60 View Post
    I still have my old passport after expired and the corner cut.
    Do you still have your old one?
    I take my old one along if something that it was used for needs to be renewed. However it never has been needed as all the required information has been transferred.
    I think I do Jimmbo60.. good thinking

Pateley Bridge, North Yorkshire/ Khao Yai, Korat

Quote Originally Posted by vanbobble View Post
    As you said, learn from the experience, which I have done. This is certainly not going to put me off Thai women.
    Wait until you've had divorce no.3, you may change your thinking........555 just joking. I'm still looking but I'm a hell of a lot more sceptical now. Actually, now I'm getting used to it, being single has a lot of benefits . Plus, I don't think I could handle another marriage and/or divorce...........the novelty has worn off somehow.

I'm in Thailand at the moment and having a ball (in between working on my house) - maybe I should do a trip report......................maybe not .

Old Hand มือเก่า

I'm heading towards divorce number two and if it weren't for children involved it would have happened years ago. What is it they say? Hurt me once, shame on you. Hurt me twice, shame on me. Kelly Brook in her heyday could beg me to marry her, give me all I desire, hire Gordon Ramsey to cook me dinner and Hugo Boss to fit my clothes and I'd still say no now.

If she offered to turn Spurs into Champion's League winners however I might be persuaded.

Sorry to hear that news Barnet. I know I come across as a bit callous regarding marrying a Thai, but I sympathize with anyone going through a break up.
    Good luck with the Spurs dream. Being a mainly rugby supporter, I do however follow Swansea from afar.

Old Hand มือเก่า

Mate, it will be the best thing to have happened to me. It's when kids are involved it gets messy.

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์

Kids and assets, especially if, like me, you're a bit too old to start over. For those reasons, sorry to hear it Barnet.

I'd still have Kelly Brook in her prime though. And I reckon Spurs have a decent chance of winning the Champions League this season. Their chances can't be much different from Liverpool's last season and Liverpool got to the final. A shoulder snap and an Ox injury away from glory.

Quote Originally Posted by livingwithathaigirl View Post
    And I reckon Spurs have a decent chance of winning the Champions League this season.

Quote Originally Posted by livingwithathaigirl View Post
    A shoulder snap and an Ox injury away from glory.
    And the rest
    I'm ONE of the 52%

Right everything is lined up.. I fly out tomorrow and hopefully should be divorced by Monday afternoon

Wish me luck

Good luck vanbobble. Don't get sucked in by a pretty face again

Too many get married to Thais when they have zero in common with them, they go for looks and a pleasant personality, often there is not much beyond that. Boredom, mistrust and misunderstandings then start after a few years with money and her family often the main problems, if you really did marry a wrong 'un add gambling and drinking as well.
    Guys come over here and 'fall in love with the culture' but after years they actually often don't have much of a clue about it. If you have nothing in common it's like a ship heading for the rocks from day one.