Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Sammy Shrimper's Avatar

Default Registered address now in passport.

Interesting development at my local immigration. Went yesterday to do my 90 day report and was informed I need to register my address. As I rent a condo, I was given a form that I had to take to the agent who I used and made my rental contract out on behalf of the owner. She had to sign the form and provide me with a signed copy of her ID card. I then returned this to immigration and a bit like the 90 day slip of paper we get stapled into the passport, I now have another with my address on. Apparently this stays in your passport and obviously if you change your address you notify the immigration people and they update your address.

Pateley Bridge, North Yorkshire/ Khao Yai, Korat

You've always had to do that - possibly your local office didn't enforce it but the housebook keeper is supposed to register you within 24 hours each time you move in using forms TM28 & TM30.There is also a Power of Attorney form for the TM30 which the owner can sign giving you the power to register yourself - useful if the don't live nearby the property. Its a pain in the butt really as I have to obtain a fresh power of Attorney and a signed copy of the housebook keeper's ID card every time - obviously I get a few at a time.

The housebook keeper is supposed to be able to register and then do it all online which would be great as they'd just need to give you their log in details and you could do it yourself each time - apparently that system rarely works.

I know about registering your address. The slip in your passport is new to me.

Hmmmm, I don't remember having one in mine either.

About 20 months or so ago, I did a 90 day report in Hua Hin, even though my 'registered address' was in Korat, that wasn't an issue, you can do a 90 day report anywhere. But 90 days later, I was more or less staying in Hua Hin all the time, even though not at the house we had bought, which wasn't ready to move into. If I wasn't staying in Hua Hin, I was in Bangkok and sometimes in Korat.

I thought I was pushing it doing two successive 90 day reports away from Korat, so Pam came with me, as she was in Hua Hin preparing for the opening of Bluport and her company were paying for an apartment for her (and me) to stay in, which was very nice. Sure enough, it was queried and a conversation took place between the IO and Pam, the upshot being that Pam got up, left the office and then a minute or so later returned with a change of address form. This was duly completed - for the house we had yet to move into - and was stapled into my PP where it has remained ever since and is checked every time I do a report.
    'Tis me

I wonder if the difference is that both of you are on extensions whilst I'm on a non O that I renew every year? Never has anything is my passport - you watch, next time I'm over they'll put it in.

As we know Flip, things change in immigration fairly often.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    Hmmmm, I don't remember having one in mine either.
    Had this since my last visa renewal, it's just a notification of address and they staple it in the back of the passport.

Furniture เฟอร์นิเจอร์

Went to immigration Jomtien last week in and out in 4 minutes. Didn't ask for any proof of address just exchanged the piece of paper in the back of the passport as has been the norm for sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmbo60 View Post
    Went to immigration Jomtien last week in and out in 4 minutes. Didn't ask for any proof of address just exchanged the piece of paper in the back of the passport as has been the norm for sometime.
    I was told it was because I rent a condo jimmbo60.

Furniture เฟอร์นิเจอร์

They don't /didn't ask me anything.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmbo60 View Post
    They don't /didn't ask me anything.
    I must have caught them on one of the days the big boss was in town. Oh well, it's done now, wasn't a problem.