Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Default Hua Hin bus station

I was wondering if anyone has stopped at the new bus station in Hua hin.
    It's situated right next to the airport.
    Not been to Hua hin for 4 years, and the bus station used to very close to market village in Hua Hin.
    My big concern is can i get a metered taxi into Hua hin, or maybe take a local bus.
    Tuk tuk drivers ask far too much in my opinion.
    I am getting the bell travel bus from Suvarnabhumi to Hua hin, Which is a great service and only 269 thb.

There is a shuttle bus that will take you to the Clock Tower I believe..for a few baht..There are green songtels that pass the bus station also..None after 9pm..Usually 10 baht or 15 baht if after 6pm..They run all the way to Kao Takiab..And there are Tuk tuks and metered taxis about sometimes.There is also a red bus from Petchaburi but they are about every 30 minutes or so but stop in the evening..They are 20 baht ..They will take you to the market..You could always flag down a minivan ..They usually go all the way through to Pranburi..be about 20 baht into the centre of town..They will usually stop on request but will always stop at Market Village..They are usually full around 3pm onwards with schoolkids as are the songtels..Helps if you do not have a big suitcase..

That's great and big thanks to you sir.
    I did wonder if the baht bus went out that far. Looks like i have a few options.
    I am staying at a hotel very close to the night market, and my friend is staying up by market village.

I travelled from there to Bangkok earlier today. I use the bus station all the time.

I hope you'll be booking the bus on-line in advance, it's usually pretty full.

When you arrive at Hua Hin, you will be asked, when collecting your case, whether you want the shuttle mini bus, It's free to the clock tower and 100 baht per person to hotels around the area. In fact, when the door that separates the driver and his assistant from the passengers is closed, as you set off, you'll see a sign giving information about this. There's more than one mini bus if needed.

If you can't be bothered to do that, there's usually 2-3 taxi's parked just outside the bus station, but not metered, they don't exist in Hua Hin, although you can now use Grab, but the problem might be not knowing exactly when you will arrive? Expect to pay 200-250 baht to where you want to go.

I live a bit further out and now have a regular taxi that takes me to and from the bus station. He must be doing okay, he's just bought a brand new Isuzu MU-7!
    Last edited by caller; 29th Jul 2018 at 16:29.
    'Tis me

Thanks for the info caller
    My hotel the Visa hotel is almost opposite the night market, so that bus is very handy for me.
    Booking the bus travel now, as i know it gets full.
    Middle of October i am going.

I do believe there is also a shuttle bus from the Dusit Thani hotel in Silom ,Bangkok to the Hua Hin Dusit Thani hotel every day for about 600 baht or so..I do not know if you have to be a paying guest at either hotel to take this shuttle service though ?..You would then need to get a minivan into Hua Hin from the Dusit Thani resort north of HH..

Quote Originally Posted by tudorowen1 View Post
    I do believe there is also a shuttle bus from the Dusit Thani hotel in Silom ,Bangkok to the Hua Hin Dusit Thani hotel every day for about 600 baht or so..I do not know if you have to be a paying guest at either hotel to take this shuttle service though ?..You would then need to get a minivan into Hua Hin from the Dusit Thani resort north of HH..
    Yes, the Dusit has it's own shuttle bus, but I'm not sure about it's schedule?

But the Bell travel service between HH and Swampy is very popular for a reason, numerous departures from both ends throughout the day, cost is 269 or 316 if booked on-line, the buses only hold 23 people, with ample seating space and reclining seats, with a row of single seats on one side and paired seats the other, you can pre-book your seats and they drive pretty safely.

Some regulars, when arriving at the airport, book seats on two successive buses, so if they get through the airport quickly, they can get their hoped for bus, but if not, they have back up for the next one, generally an hour later.

For me, it's my usual route to Bkk via Swampy, the airport link (4 stops, 30 baht) and then taxi (50 baht).

There is also another service between HH and Mo Chit, that goes from the bus station at Soi96 and of course, mini buses from Ekkamai.
    'Tis me

But no one in their right mind would take a long distance journey in a minivan..(However I will within HH if only a few miles and no red buses or songtels about)

2 questions, first where do you pick up the bus from Swamy to Hua Hin and secondly what is the web site to book the bus . Thanks
    Melnathan

http://www.belltravelservice.com/

You start the booking process on the home page.

The desk you use to 'check-in' is between 'gates' 7 & 8 on the same level as the taxi's operate from. Just before the entrance to the food court. Once 'booked-in', you're given a green sticker to wear and a few minutes before the bus is due to leave, they will call out for Hua Hin, look for your sticker and usually label your bag and then you follow someone out to the bus.

Piece of advice, although you are asked to be there 15 minutes before departure, I would check in as soon as you arrive and then go and get something to eat or whatever. Most leave it until just before the 15 minutes to check in and there's often a bit of queue.
    'Tis me

Bus counter is on Level 1 right next to the main food court for the airport..near Gates 7 and 8..
    If you have had a long flight and you arrive late afternoon better to stop over ..Florianshire hotel is very good and so is the Paleo shopping mall close to the airport..good for food and for wandering around..cheap massages also 200 baht..for an hour..
    Last edited by tudorowen1; 1st Aug 2018 at 07:48.

Geoff carter shows the food court in one of his videos on you tube.
    very good food it has to be said

I have never been able to find a seat in there! I go down a level to the airport link and have tea and a toasted sandwich at coffee world when I am waiting for the bus. Always plenty of room down there.
    'Tis me

We have always got a seat in there, maybe just lucky.
    The thing that gets me is you have to leave your luggage outside, Can only happen in Thailand ha ha