Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Pateley Bridge, North Yorkshire/ Khao Yai, Korat

Quote Originally Posted by -Keith- View Post
    there are many many similar courses available either in Thailand or over the internet.
    I seem to remember advising on that quite some time ago (post no.18) but I will repeat - As far as I know, a permitted course of study must be one that is not readily available in the applicant's home country.

I also agree with Keith, get on with the visit visa - in the way I suggested in post no.21

Member สมาชิก

Yes, visit visa application is in.

The restriction on courses is wrong though, short term study visas are not student visas and you can apply even if similar courses are available in the applicants country.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    The restriction on courses is wrong though, short term study visas are not student visas and you can apply even if similar courses are available in the applicants country.
    Noted.

However, in most circumstances I would advise against anybody who has visited the UK in recent years, where it is known that trip was to visit a boyfriend, applying for any form of visa to study. The ECO is likely to think that studying is not really the purpose of the application.

Darren just do what you want , why ask for advice anyway you obviously don't need or want it and its clear that most answering really don't care one jot what happens especially given the rude and unnecessary comments . so to use an old fashioned term jog on
    Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

Darren, you have clearly decided on a V V now and having a read back through some of posts on this thread - I'd like to add the following if you haven't already made the applixcation:

As said before, point out the development of your relationship and that you will be getting married as soon as your girlfriend meets the criteria for a settlement visa. But, one thing I dug out that I think may help you........to obtain a settlement visa, the single most important point is proving that you are actually in a relationship. I note you seem to own a restaurant - point out that as you have a business to run, it is difficult to visit Thailand as often as you would like - hence, in order to maintain a relationship, there needs to be regular contact.

One piece of advice that I believe is very important - you have quite a few points to get across. ECO's are no different to the rest of us, they may lose interest in what they are reading quite quickly. We've had people post on T-UK before that a visa has been refused due to lack of financial evidence - the evidence had in fact been provided but the ECO missed it. No appeal allowed on a V V.

So, in essence, write your supporting letter, add in all the salient points - then edit, edit again and again. Get all your points across in the most succint way you can. And, not trying to teach to suck eggs here but - paragraph it!

Good luck, I think you're on the right track now.

Member สมาชิก

Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    Darren, you have clearly decided on a V V now and having a read back through some of posts on this thread - I'd like to add the following if you haven't already made the applixcation:

As said before, point out the development of your relationship and that you will be getting married as soon as your girlfriend meets the criteria for a settlement visa. But, one thing I dug out that I think may help you........to obtain a settlement visa, the single most important point is proving that you are actually in a relationship. I note you seem to own a restaurant - point out that as you have a business to run, it is difficult to visit Thailand as often as you would like - hence, in order to maintain a relationship, there needs to be regular contact.

One piece of advice that I believe is very important - you have quite a few points to get across. ECO's are no different to the rest of us, they may lose interest in what they are reading quite quickly. We've had people post on T-UK before that a visa has been refused due to lack of financial evidence - the evidence had in fact been provided but the ECO missed it. No appeal allowed on a V V.

So, in essence, write your supporting letter, add in all the salient points - then edit, edit again and again. Get all your points across in the most succint way you can. And, not trying to teach to suck eggs here but - paragraph it!

Good luck, I think you're on the right track now.
    Thank's flip. I have put the application in and did include your suggestions. It was a difficult letter to write and keep it clear and concise, I was careful to keep it honest knowing that there may well be future applications.

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ash View Post
    Darren just do what you want , why ask for advice anyway you obviously don't need or want it and its clear that most answering really don't care one jot what happens especially given the rude and unnecessary comments . so to use an old fashioned term jog on
    another idiot who thinks you have to agree with everyone... my thread, you jog on now