Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default Check Thai in / out Stamps in Passport

Just a quick heads up:
    Went on a short get away abroad from DMK (Bangkok) and landed back into DMK yesterday evening.
    When I reached my destination and checked into to the Hotel, I thought I would check the arrival stamp in my passport as it was a country I had never been to before, had a quick look, thought I would check the Thai Exit Stamp (should have checked in DMK) and no Exit stamp, re-checked and re-checked , nothing was there, Me n Mrs had a week in Laos in June it was stamped in with the date and permitted to stay until May 2019 so I was nt sure if that had any barring (I have a Multi-Entry re-entry permit).
    Arrival was great timing as no one in the arrivals hall so straight to a officer, I explained what happened, she called over a supervisor who took me to a desk behind immigration counters which was manned by another officer,he asked me to sit down , I again explained and asked him to check the Maldives in stamp and that is the Exit date missing... he did and found my Exit on the system, he went on to tell me not to worry as it is in the system but also not to worry if it was not on the system but if I had an Exit stamp that is evidence also... I explained just wanted to keep everything clear because of the 90 day reporting, he said of course and my 90 days will start again now...But I have to go to MY next week so will double check for the Exit stamp .
    So anyone in a similar situation or on some kind of Multi - Entry Visa, be well worth checking Before going into Departures.
    bangkok mags

Premium Member

Hi Sisaket,

I agree it is well worth a check on exit/entry stamp.

I have not had Thai visa exemption missed off before but have had reduced time like fouteen days when should've been thirty days visa exemption. I'm British, arriving at Suvarnapumi from an international flight (Manchester via Dubai) a full year since previous visit.

I only noticed the short visa waiver when in a taxi from the airport. Think the officer must have used the wrong stamp.

The reduced stay time prompted me to make a border crossing into Cambodia and on return to Thailand had a new visa exemption stamp which covered me for the remainder of my holiday.

Don't know if could have requested a thirty days stamp. Perhaps the immigration officer's decision is final? I suppose I might have tried to suggest, politely, I would rather spend my holiday time and money in his country rather than taking my tourist dollars elsewhere.
    Mark L

The May just gone I entered LOS on a 2 month visa, lucky I did checked the stamp as I walked from the booth as the lady had only given me the normal 30 days and had ignored (or not seen) my visa.
    Turned round and said to her (no one else had got there yet) but she was very reluctant to do anything but she eventually changed it and stamped the visa.

Will always check now.
    I'm ONE of the 52%

Pateley Bridge, North Yorkshire/ Khao Yai, Korat

Quote Originally Posted by Gary & Nok View Post
    but she was very reluctant to do anything
    Of course, it was your mistake, you should know that by now Gary

One thing that always amuses me - to avoid this happening (similar happened a long time back), I always approach the booth with my passport open at the visa page. Without exception the first thing the I.O. does is to close the passport and re-open it at my details page .

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
    Don't know if could have requested a thirty days stamp. Perhaps the immigration officer's decision is final?
    You know exactly what they would have said if you had pointed out the mistake. Some rubbish would have been trumped up - they never do anything wrong

Furniture เฟอร์นิเจอร์

I have a permit to stay stamp and a re-entry stamp, I always show the rentry stamp page and say re-entry. If they stamp 30 day exemption you lose the permit to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    I always approach the booth with my passport open at the visa page.
    Exactly what I did.

Without exception the first thing the I.O. does is to close the passport and re-open it at my details page .
    Exactly what she did
    I'm ONE of the 52%

Premium Member

I always present my passport opened at the personal details page and with my completed landing card and flight boarding pass tucked into the crease as a bookmark.

Usually I watch the immigration cop separate all the papers and close up the passport before they begin to examine anything.

I've found, space permitting, the officer will usually position a new stamp adjacent to previous stamps, but more than once I've had an officer turn a few pages further on and place their stamp in glorious isolation.

Since they stopped attaching the exit-half of landing cards, perhaps to save on staples? I ask the hotel to staple it at check-in. Wouldn't like to lose that.
    Mark L

I went out to KL from Don Mueang during the week and did indeed check straight away for exit stamp (which was there) Flew back into Suvarnabhumi landing around 11 pm the flight was a continuation flight with not too many people getting off at BKK, so legged it to Immigration, upon approach a very large group of persons all with the same yellow tee shirts on followed a yellow flag on a stick into the Immigration hall, so I carried on past Visa on Arrival to the next hall which was nearly empty, I double checked for entry stamp (which was there with correct admitted until date).
    bangkok mags