Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Member สมาชิก

Default FLR (M) Application : Online and/or Postal.

Hi All.

A basic request - could someone go through the pros and cons of the current FLR (M) application process, with specific reference to the options of an online application or a postal one ? I'm not clear about the point of an online application form, when a big set of 'supporting documents' have to be sent by post anyway ? Or is the 'online' not actually fully online anyway, but a document filled on screen and then downloaded/printed for posting ?

I would also appreciate any comments on the timeline involving the online application + the supporting documents posting, and the dreaded NHS surcharge payment.

Thanks.

Member สมาชิก

Ok, being too literal as usual i suppose - Online is not really online at all - it is just a digital form that can be completed on screen, printed off and posted in the old way - is that correct ?

New query : i see a lot of comments about the need for a 'Housing Report' to go with the application accommodation section. Is this actually necessary for a married couple living in their own 3-bed house as the only occupants ?

Thanks.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

For FLR (M) I just sent exactly the same documents for accomodation as I did for the settlement visa..ie..Land Registry Certificate..Estate agents document describing the house when I bought it ..plus a few photos of the rooms..

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

I did not do an online copy but a paper one..but I got all the pages printed out 3 times at a local copy shop so if i made any mistakes it was easy enough to subsitute a new page..

Member สมาชิก

Thanks for that. It all seems a bit quiet around here ? - a long time since i visited !

Yep - land registry stuff no problem - nice idea to include a few pics, but i remember from doing the entry clearance two years ago that the 'housing report' by the council was only about overcrowding in the house. In a way, it's bs, because without in-depth inquiries how can any official know how many are living there just by having a look round on a specific day by appointment !

I always used the program 'PDF Filler' for form-filling cos my handwriting is crap. It has all the common forms loaded, or you can import any form to it and fill, download, send or print. My question was trying to ask if i'd been baffled (easily done these days) by the phrase 'Online application form', as it could have meant a form that is not just filled in on the screen, but is also sent to the immigration bods without any printing off. In a way it seems the only point of it being 'online' (ie on the screen) is to help folks avoid a commercial program like PDF Filler ? Which is not a bad thing if everyone's handwriting is as scruffy as mine :-)

Last question : where's Tom ? Still breathing mate ? :-)

[ 'Cleethorpes...the last resort' - LoL, we sometimes go there from Donny.]

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

I don't know any Tom apart from my old neighbour who died about 4 years ago..!!

Member สมาชิก

Haha - i meant 'Tom & Nok' on here ! A legend.