Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Citizenship

Member สมาชิก

My wife and our two daughters received her letter of Invitation in the post today for citizenship applied 3/10/08 got receipt back from home office on 13/10/08 application approved on 7/1/09 received invitation 16/01/09 we used the NCS in Hartlepool just waiting date for ceremony then send for passports me and my wife would like to thank people on this forum for all there help

Member สมาชิก
    Stone Staffordshire. Phaisan, Prakhonchai

Congratualtion and well done!!!!!

\Roland, Yao and Dae

Member สมาชิก

Congratulations and well done !!!!

Well Done, dont it feel good, wait till you get the new passports, it feels even better.
    dont judge me by my past, I dont live there anymore.

David & Aree

Congratulations!! but please do a little preparation for the passport interview, there are questions and spellings asked for, it's not as "straightforward" as you might assume (it's not difficult though if prepared). Good Luck and ENJOY the freedom that you all now have, well done!

well done, my wife had her interview last Saturday and received the passport on Wednesday, Kungs interview involved going through her Passport application form, if its any help I would photocopy the application before sending it off, and run through it with your wife making sure she can answer any question asked about the application, just so you know my wife was unable to answer several of the questions but obviously did not affect the result
    best wishes

Dave

Dave,

Was Kung also asked to spell certain things? Aom had to spell surname and some other minor details too. I joked with her that when they said how do you spell ... she should spell them in Thai and then say "well, that is how I spell it!", fortunately she does not hold my sense of humour There was also an important question on how she had paid for the application, Aom answered it was me that had paid.

Hi Ian,
    Kung did not have to spell anything other than her name, but the exact same question on how it was paid for was asked, when asked what her mums name was she answered with her married name and not maiden name, which apparantly made the interviewer frown
    she did not answer a question when asked about her bank account as she has 2 and was not sure how to answer so she didnt.
    she also guessed how old the countersignee was, .

I think the important thing to remember is that the IPS only want to establish that you are who you say you are, and that by getting this far your already British and that can not be taken away from you.
    Kung did mention that I had helped in filling in the application

best wishes

Dave

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Firstly , a big congratulations from us as well .
    When they applied , did they have to send their thai passports with the application , and if so , how long did the department keep them for? I ask because my wife and daughter are applying at the beginning of april(for citizenship) , but we have plans to go to thailand for sonkraan , so not sure if application might have to wait until we get back.
    When you applied for your two daughters ,do you have to pay for each individual , or one fee for both of them?
    thanks in advance
    Colin & Ying

Member สมาชิก

Hi Colin when my wife and two daughters appiied for citizenship we used the NCS and they photo copy all your paper work and passports and you get all your paper work back straight away it costs £400 for one or £400 for 2 or 3 children good luck Brian Kat

Good news and congrats A week earlier than i predicted

Colin,
    £655 + £400.in your case
    As b17cro said its no problem to travel if you use the NCS..£40
    However,when your wife applies for her UK passport after being granted citizenship then all 'current' passport(s)/naturalisation certificate must be sent with the passport application.
    We are applying for the wifes Uk passport in March after a little visit back home to Thailand and Bali in Feb.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Thanks guys , I hope our application is as quick as yours , I know someone who has been waiting 9 or 10 months already

Thanks again
    Colin & Ying