Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Rookie มือใหม่

Default Current waiting times for Spouse visa

Hello all

I'm just about to submit my wife's application for a spouse settlement Visa. Ideally she would like to be here sooner rather than later. Our original 'ideal' date was for 22nd October (5 weeks time), but due to some delays getting all the documents, we're behind schedule.

After reading some of the posts on this forum, some people have said that they got their visas after about 3-4 weeks. This makes 22nd October still possible.
    However, I'm also inclined to go for a later date in case 22/10 is too soon.

How many weeks should I have from the date of application until the date of travel? Obviously, I could pick a date in late November or early December, but if the application is quick, like it has been for some, my wife will be twiddling her fingers longer than she needs to.

Any suggestions?

Don't book any flights until the application is successful mate.
    If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.

Member สมาชิก

My wife obtained her Settlement Visa in August after a wait of 12 weeks following submission. This was a Standard Application and not a Premium which may well be quicker but more expensive.

Once the Visa is granted the Passport will be returned to your wife and then you can book a flight, which I would suggest may be another 2 weeks delay.

Rookie มือใหม่

We are into week 12 and not a jot....standard application

Member สมาชิก

Although not the exact same visa my stepdaughters settlement visa has gone over the 12 week mark.

We received an email a day before the 12th week mark saying that it needed more time as the application wasn’t straight forward.t

I did start a thread posing the same question but no one answered

Rookie มือใหม่

Settlement Visa Granted 12/09 but only received at VFS today...but have to enter UK on or before 11/10..doesn't seem very fair but being told nothing they can do...the system is a complete farce...

Wait 3 months, then ok two weeks to leave...ridiculous.

Member สมาชิก

You are lucky you got two weeks. We got told on the 15th of March and my wife had to return Thailand pick her children up and be back in the UK by the 18th March. She flew to Thailand on the 16th stayed at the airport until her children arrived and flew back midnight on the 17th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rookie มือใหม่

Completely shambolic. It is an utter disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurus2017 View Post
    Settlement Visa Granted 12/09 but only received at VFS today...but have to enter UK on or before 11/10..doesn't seem very fair but being told nothing they can do...
    As far as I was aware you CAN ask for an extension to that date if you are not ready to leave yet. That is why it is a 33 month visa, up to 3 months to leave even though you are given a 1 month date initially, it can be changed.
    I'm ONE of the 52%

Member สมาชิก

Quote Originally Posted by Gary & Nok View Post
    As far as I was aware you CAN ask for an extension to that date if you are not ready to leave yet. That is why it is a 33 month visa, up to 3 months to leave even though you are given a 1 month date initially, it can be changed.
    At a cost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member สมาชิก

Well we had the email today about my stepdaughter's visa and them requesting the IHS fee by the 3rd October or the visa will be refused.
    Amount requested was $675 USD which is less than what I think it should be for 33 months.

Hopefully this is a good sign that they are near to their decision since they are requesting it 3 months later.

I really hoped that she could have been over here for my daughters 3rd birthday (today). Will just have to wait.