Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Default FLR when to apply

Hi, sorry to ask this question as has been asked many times.

I just need someone else to clarify , when to apply for my wife`s FLR ( M) visa.

My wife come to the UK on the 4th May 2016 - 30 months on from then would be from the 4th Nov 2018.

BRP expires on the 25th Jan 2019.
    I had a date in mind to apply around the 4th December 2018, does it matter if its applied for at 31 months?.

Quote Originally Posted by leshemp View Post

My wife come to the UK on the 4th May 2016 - 30 months on from then would be from the 4th Nov 2018.

BRP expires on the 25th Jan 2019.
    I had a date in mind to apply around the 4th December 2018, does it matter if its applied for at 31 months?.
    Yes, you can apply after 31 months if you wish. You should always apply after your partner has been in the UK for 30 months and before the current visa expires.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg / Pairin View Post
    Yes, you can apply after 31 months if you wish. You should always apply after your partner has been in the UK for 30 months and before the current visa expires.

Thanks for the reply, I just wanted a second opinion.

But do not apply early ..If you apply early ..let's say one month before her visa runs out you risk it being granted early ..So when FLR runs out it may be two weeks before your wife has been in the UK for 5 years..Strictly speaking you would then need to pay for another FLR visa just for two weeks..and then apply for ILR..

Quote Originally Posted by tudorowen1 View Post
    But do not apply early ..If you apply early ..let's say one month before her visa runs out you risk it being granted early ..So when FLR runs out it may be two weeks before your wife has been in the UK for 5 years..Strictly speaking you would then need to pay for another FLR visa just for two weeks..and then apply for ILR..

Hi, now I`m confused.
    I thought after the 4th dec 2018 , she would have achieved 31 months. The visa expires on the 25th Jan 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by tudorowen1 View Post
    But this is not the case for the OP. They can apply anytime after 4th November as they have completed 30 months in the UK. They will then be issued with FLR for a further 30 months taking them up to 5 years.

There is nothing wrong applying 2 months before the visa expires. What is important, is that they apply after his wife has been in the UK for 30 months, which is exactly what the OP is intending to do.