Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: What visa next

Member สมาชิก

Default What visa next

Hi guys, ive been on here before a few times and this forum has been invaluable in finding out information about relavent visas etc. My thai wife first came to the uk on a settlement visa on May 13th 2014,(issued April 1st 2014) and then got her next visa FLR issued on 27th Jan 2017 which expires on 24th Aug 2019. She hasn't spent much time away from Uk in that time other than odd 3 weeks for holiday in Thailand.
    My question is what is the next visa I go for in Aug 2019 and when can she apply for British citizenship.
    She has already got B1 language test and passed Life In Uk Test.
    Thanks for any advice.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

The next step will be to apply for ILR. If your wife entered the UK on the 13th May 2014, she will complete the 60 months continuous period on the 13th May 2019. You can apply for an ILR under all categories within 28 days before the end of your 'qualifying period', not earlier.
    As soon as you have ILR, you can then start the process for Citizenship.
    Last edited by Greg / Pairin; 19th Sep 2018 at 23:28.

As Greg / Parin said you can actually apply 28 days before the 60 month anniversary of entering the UK, in this case it can be as early as 16th April 2019 (providing all other rules are met).

As far as citizenship there are a few "rules" that you need to take note of:

Prove you were in the UK exactly 3 years before the day the Home Office receives your application (check her times out of the UK to make sure she was in the UK).

Not spent more than 270 days outside the UK during the 3 years before your application

Not spent more than 90 days outside the UK in the last 12 months before your application

If you have any more questions come back, plenty of people willing to help.
    I'm ONE of the 52%

Member สมาชิก

Thanks guys, thats great