Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Had a look AirBnB and Booking.Com for next year, AirBnB looked OK if there is 3 persons or more, but used Booking.Com in the end for a studio (2 persons) and a 5,600 baht discount helped (although the local currency is Yen) wanted to be on the Yamanote Line (green circle line) this place is a minute from an exit.
    But AirBnB can look attractive, but only had time to check out one destination, it's on the back-burner if needed in the future.
    With regards Booking.Com I have used them on a regular basis, but some of places are Not as-per-website, so in my mind, pays your money, takes a chance.
    bangkok mags

Old Hand มือเก่า

I to read as many reviews as possible ,but that dosent help some times .
    Its what i want from a stay that matters im genius status (dont ask) and get some good deals ,but i like the fact most off the time you pay in the hotel rather than upfront ,

Quote Originally Posted by Samsung View Post
    I to read as many reviews as possible ,but that dosent help some times .
    Its what i want from a stay that matters im genius status (dont ask) and get some good deals ,but i like the fact most off the time you pay in the hotel rather than upfront ,
    Just a little tip Samsung - I also like the ability to pay at the hotel - much less hassle if you're not happy when you arrive. But if you are staying somewhere you've stayed before so know it - book with Booking.com's sister site Agoda, you have to pay up front but they are usually cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    Just a little tip Samsung - I also like the ability to pay at the hotel - much less hassle if you're not happy when you arrive. But if you are staying somewhere you've stayed before so know it - book with Booking.com's sister site Agoda, you have to pay up front but they are usually cheaper.
    Not forgetting: Priceline.Com a sister site of both Booking.Com and Agoda they seam to pop up more and more especially on Hotelscombined .
    bangkok mags

I use Airbnb regularly for both business and pleasure...

Only tried it once in Thailand and got a real bargain condo at Centric Sea near Soi 6

I have used it a few times in Philippines and again some real bargains!

I always check the hosts feedback from previous guests as I am sure they check out my guest feedback...
    Grahame
    เกรแฮม

I personally would never use it. The whole idea is strange to me. One of my friends who’s a marine swears by it he’s always using it. I’ve always used booking.com

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Quote Originally Posted by walshie View Post
    I personally would never use it. The whole idea is strange to me. One of my friends who’s a marine swears by it he’s always using it. I’ve always used booking.com
    You will be surprised how many people who use Airbnb to rent out their property actually use booking.com and other platforms to advertise accommodation, especially apartments, condo's and villa's.

To be fair I have noticed more and more of that type of accommodation on booking.com. I don’t have any issue with airb&b it’s self more my preference for a traditional hotel room

Quote Originally Posted by walshie View Post
    To be fair I have noticed more and more of that type of accommodation on booking.com. I don’t have any issue with airb&b it’s self more my preference for a traditional hotel room
    I booked a hotel via Booking-dot-com for Hanoi VN for the dates of the first ever VN F1, when I booked the price looked normal. and it is located around 1KM from the track, it was meant to be free cancellation and payable at the hotel, but the other day dot-com sent a message saying I have to arrange a deposit with the hotel or I can choose to cancel, I thought they now know the F1 is going to happen on their doorstep, I thought a ploy to have their prices increased, however I thought it was too good to be true at the time of booking, so I booked a apartment via Agoda as well, I cancelled then tried to re-book and surprise surprise (cha-ching) same room has gone through the roof, but the apartment via Agoda is private, and a little feedback at the top of this page (22 Dec) the private apartment was in Tokyo and the verdict was Mrs really liked it and I will use again if needed, that was booked with Booking-dot-com, had to pay in full a week before arrival, they sent a key-code to get in with very detailed instructions of facilities, building and getting from Yamanote Line and it was only a minute from the exit, a big saving over hotels.
    bangkok mags

Old Hand มือเก่า

Loved Hanoi when i went read all the cons Taxis do and others ,but when the guy pulled up and another guy came to the cab and said a car had driven into the hotel and they could not provide us a room and they had arranged different accommodation,it was when he said is that OK Mr brown i said to taxi driver just take me where i told you to.
    Lone be hold all repaired in 20 mins .
    I loved vietnam to be honest .

Loved Hanoi when i went read all the cons Taxis do and others ,but when the guy pulled up and another guy came to the cab and said a car had driven into the hotel and they could not provide us a room and they had arranged different accommodation,it was when he said is that OK Mr brown i said to taxi driver just take me where i told you to.
    Lone be hold all repaired in 20 mins .
    When you exit Hanoi airport go across a couple of bays you will find buses and mini vans going into town the mini vans will drop you off at your hotel or across the street from hotel / Apt for a fraction of the taxi cost and the same for Nha Trang where the airport is quite a distance from the city.
    bangkok mags

Old Hand มือเก่า

was my first visit when i went ,so played it safe so i thought the further i got into it the better i became.
    Train to hue bus to hoi an bus to nha trang and then bus to ho chi min .great time plus a 3 day boat trip around halong bay enjoyed it very much great experience .

was my first visit when i went ,so played it safe so i thought the further i got into it the better i became.
    Train to hue bus to hoi an bus to nha trang and then bus to ho chi min .great time plus a 3 day boat trip around halong bay enjoyed it very much great experience .
    Looks like a fantastic experience , my kind of trip.
    bangkok mags

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Me too, I was well pleased when the Mrs suggested going back on our next trip. I thought we would just end up going to HCMC for 4 nights, so when she suggested going for longer, I was well chuffed.

We will be using AirBnB for our stay in HCMC, I will probably be booking to stay at the Saigon Royal Tower, which is in district 4, about 0.5km from the Saigon Skydeck. It looks a large complex with 7-Eleven and other mini marts and a number of coffee shops within the complex. For our stay in Phu Quoc, we will be staying at a beach resort, not really much choice with AirBnB. This will be a chill out 4/5 night stay, I might do a bit of snorkeling, will probably do the 8km cable car to Pineapple Islands, otherwise it will be just be beer time round by the pool.

Will have to book my flights before I start booking any accommodation, will be traveling light, looks like it will be probably Air Asia, Vietnam Airlines and Bangkok Airways.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg / Pairin View Post
    Me too, I was well pleased when the Mrs suggested going back on our next trip. I thought we would just end up going to HCMC for 4 nights, so when she suggested going for longer, I was well chuffed.

We will be using AirBnB for our stay in HCMC, I will probably be booking to stay at the Saigon Royal Tower, which is in district 4, about 0.5km from the Saigon Skydeck. It looks a large complex with 7-Eleven and other mini marts and a number of coffee shops within the complex. For our stay in Phu Quoc, we will be staying at a beach resort, not really much choice with AirBnB. This will be a chill out 4/5 night stay, I might do a bit of snorkeling, will probably do the 8km cable car to Pineapple Islands, otherwise it will be just be beer time round by the pool.

Will have to book my flights before I start booking any accommodation, will be traveling light, looks like it will be probably Air Asia, Vietnam Airlines and Bangkok Airways.
    AirAsia BIGSALE 2019 is on until sometime tonight (10 NOV) for flights 27 APR 2020 until MAR 2021 but
    Not in the sale, but was £33 DMK - Sihnanoukville on the day I was looking at, Vietjet normally have a few offers, im keeping an eye on things AirAia to HCMC around £34 and Hanoi £38, Vietjet BKK to Hai Phong (for Halong Bay) £39. AirAsia DMK - Phnom Penh £38.
    bangkok mags