Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default Keeping Xmas in DEC

A couple of days ago I endured "Silent Night" from Mrs I-Phone , upon hearing this I remarked that " It's September " to which was replied "Im listening early" I Said " But like it's September and months away from 25 December " unfortunately this did not have the effect I was hoping for but rather the opposite as she went on and on about how she's getting a tree and decorations and how and where everything will go etc and my comments such a "im not interested / why are you telling me" just got totally ignored as per normal as she went into great detail ...
    I like Christmas , a great time of year for Friends / Family etc , but it's better left until December ..
    Anyone else have to Endure / Suffer such things ?
    **** Campaign For Keeping Christmas in December ****
    Banter welcome :
    bangkok mags

Fortunately not. My wife saw the first shop putting up decorations a few days ago and toold me how sad to was to be doing to this early.

My wife loves Christmas but she's a bit embarrassed by the number of presents that she gets despite telling everybody that she doesn’t want any. We have a very big family. Part of her upbringing I guess. They don't celebrate Christmas in Thailand as such but the hotel she used to work in in Saraburin had a large number of ferang guests. She was used to putting a tree up for them etc. Before she came here the only presents she'd had in her life were where all the staff at the hotel bought a present and pooled them and they each received one.

Christmas puddings are on sale already in M&S central Bkk shops

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Asda has mince pies on the shelves.
    Melnathan

I used to really like Christmas...
    (The short version)
    If I could avoid the likes of Tesco for the next 2 1/2 months I would, why do they have to stock mince pies 2 months before?
    The final week before having Noddy and all on the radio at work drives me nuts, the same old c**p I have heard for decades that was tired 2 years after any of them came out.
    As for TV....
    Bah Humbug at its best I am.

Just had a thought, its probably too early to be moaning about Christmas as well so apologies.

Member สมาชิก

Reminds me to book The Green Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Natty View Post
    Just had a thought, its probably too early to be moaning about Christmas as well so apologies.
    Never too early , keep up the good work ...
    bangkok mags

Quote Originally Posted by Natty View Post
    ...why do they have to stock mince pies 2 months before?
    Mince pies are for life, not just for Christmas

Personally it annoys the hell out of me. Christmas can start on December the 1st, that is far early enough. But as I have missed out on an English Christmas for the last 19 years, preferring to be in Thailand, because at home it is just an excuse to buy too much food, eat too much food, spend too much money and buy presents that you don't really need.

Besides all that, Christmas isn't Christmas anymore anyway, totally different to what it used to be 20 years ago.

Bah humbug, yes maybe!!!!
    I'm ONE of the 52%

How right you are Gary. I would love to be in Thailand for Christmas but BUPA will not give staff time off at that time so have to go in January
    Melnathan

On a more serious note about Xmas , I was fortunate to spend last years Xmas in the North of Thailand which included Nan Province , in Nan City each run up to Christmas they have a Christmas Show where the kids of an International School sing various Xmas related songs / carols including "Silent Night" which my Mrs adores and to which she filled up when they sang it... I highly recommend Nan a a destination if you have not been and recommend hiring / having a car, but failing that Nan City is worthy of a few days with most attractions close together in the tidy centre , if like me you like Khao Soi there are places in the city that serve it up and is amazing.
    Xmas Show Nan 2017.jpg
    Xmas Show Nan 2017 a.jpg
    bangkok mags