Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default Original TB test cert needed for SV Appointment?

Does anyone know if my wife needs to take her original Tb cert with her when she hands in her SV application in Bkk? We went to IOM last week and had the test done and I made a point of going over to The Trendy Building to ask exactly what was needed and they told me the TB cert wasn’t necessary. After booking her Visa appointment, I’ve noticed on the appointment confirmation that it asks for the TB certificate, I unfortunately brought it back to the UK with me. She did take a photo of it and we made a photocopy of it just in case but now I’m thinking I should have left it with her.

Cheers. Andy

I think she needs to supply the original. Not a problem with the language certificate as you supply the number they send you but in 2016 we supplied the original TB cert.

This is what I’m thinking now. The girls at the reception desk told me not to worry about the TB cert and bring only the A1 certificate, application form, appointment confirmation her passport. They’re not all singing from the same page unfortunately. I booked her appointment for the 16th, so I’m now going to have to post it to her quickly, to be on the safe side. Thanks rasg.

Andy.

Member สมาชิก

Where are your supporting documents for the visa?
    As far as I know they still have to be sent to Sheffield.
    Correct me on this if I’m wrong.

The visa appointment emails are out of date with what you need to bring.

I sent my stepdaughters TB certificate back to her and it cost me £8.50 recorded delivery with post office and took about 4 days to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsw727 View Post
    Where are your supporting documents for the visa?
    As far as I know they still have to be sent to Sheffield.
    Correct me on this if I’m wrong.

The visa appointment emails are out of date with what you need to bring.

I sent my stepdaughters TB certificate back to her and it cost me £8.50 recorded delivery with post office and took about 4 days to get there.
    I have all the supporting documents here in the UK which is why I brought the TB cert back with me, to add to the folder. I’m sending the certificate back to my wife today. They really need to get everything updated, so everyone is on the same page.

My my wife’s appointment is on the 16th, so hopefully there’s enough time to get the cert sent back to her.

thanks guys

Andy.

Member สมาชิก

Your wife also needs to travel with her TB Test Certificate so that it can be presented to UK Immigration if requested on arrival in the UK.

Premium Member

beat me to it Steviewander. My wife was asked for her TB cert by immigration at Heathrow when she came to settle.

Member สมาชิก

Don’t send the TB certificate. It will not be required at VFS.
    I’d just take a photocopy with her if you want to play it safe.
    The original needs to be with supporting documents and sent to Sheffield.

I would send the TB certificate to her once you receive the documents back.
    You can also send the documents before the appointment and just make sure the GWF number is on there.

Member สมาชิก

my Friends wife did the same as you. They did ask her for the TB Cert and she said what had happened and they told her not to do it again but accepted it.
    My wife had hers and they didn't ask for it. The TB Cert needs to go to Sheffield and then you need to send it back to your wife so she can produce it when she enters the UK if required.

Lightbulb

Crikey, this TB cert is a nightmare! How can it be in 2 places at once?

Ive sent it off to Thailand this morning at the cost of £40 to get it there in time for her appointment. She’s sending it back to me once she’s been to VFS. She’s already got a copy of it in Thailand, I might tell her to take both but only give them the copy.

This bloody Cert will have travelled to Thailand and back more times than me, by the end of it haha. ������

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

one of the main things to remember with this it is only valid for 6 months as long as you get everything submitted before expiry then it can be used when out of date ,in other words get all applications in before it expires .then date of travel is OK if it is expired ,

Member สมาชิก

Good luck Melted drummer

Quote Originally Posted by Samsung View Post
    one of the main things to remember with this it is only valid for 6 months as long as you get everything submitted before expiry then it can be used when out of date ,in other words get all applications in before it expires .then date of travel is OK if it is expired ,
    Her application is going in on the 16th of this month so all should be good. Thanks mate.

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Carl View Post
    Good luck Melted drummer
    Thanks, Carl.

Member สมาชิก

We had the same generic appointment letter saying the same thing about the TB certificate. I believe its more aimed towards the non settlement visas where they need to take all their documents.

Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 21.02.06.jpg

I get it though. Far better to be safe than sorry especially when they change everything all the time.
    Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsw727 View Post
    We had the same generic appointment letter saying the same thing about the TB certificate. I believe its more aimed towards the non settlement visas where they need to take all their documents.

Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 21.02.06.jpg

I get it though. Far better to be safe than sorry especially when they change everything all the time.
    Best of luck.
    Yeah, that’s the same letter. It seems like they need to update a few things, especially when it’s costing people more money on top of an already expensive Visa.

Thanks Dsw727.