Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
    Rookie มือใหม่

Default visa on benefits

Hi all this is my first ever post so hopefully i don't make a pigs ear of it but i do have a question and a little about me.
    I have been with my Thai lady 5 years now, she travels here and i travel there many times and all was going well. we plan to marry early next year and to get her over to England as my wife, i have worked all my life and was all set to move forward to the next stage of my life with my new wife but and yep there is always a but, i have been diagnosed with a serious poorly and as such am unable to work and i am now on PIP so obviously now this has changed everything for us, we still are desperate to achieve our plans and dreams but how can we get her a settlement visa if i am on PIP ? anyone know any way or have any answers ?
    I dont know why she wants to live with me in Grimsby but hey it takes all sorts...

I think you will need £ 18.600 PA income or over 60k readily available in the bank, it sounds like you will have neither so no settlement visa, I'd love to be proved wrong though. However, the country seems awash with people who just never went back home!

Furniture เฟอร์นิเจอร์

Somebody posted not so long ago that the income requirements did not apply to them because of sickness or disability I can't recall which. Perhaps you could use the search function to track the posts down. That may give some information that is helpful.

Member สมาชิก

I too recal a thread recently that mentioned pip recipients being exempt from the £18.600 bench mark. Fate might have dealt you a helping hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Dippychippy View Post
    I too recal a thread recently that mentioned pip recipients being exempt from the £18.600 bench mark. Fate might have dealt you a helping hand.

so all anyone has to do is get registered disabled, how easy is that these days? I recall about 15 years ago living on an estate in the UK the Dr telling me he spent most of his time doing 'disability' appointments, most of them were taking the ❇❇❇❇.

E-ECP.3.1. The applicant must provide specified evidence, from the sources listed in paragraph E-ECP.3.2., of-:
    (c) the requirements in paragraph E-ECP.3.3. being met. ...
    E-LTRP.3.1. The applicant must provide specified evidence, from the sources listed in paragraph E-LTRP.3.2., of-:
    (c) the requirements in paragraph E-LTRP.3.3.being met, unless paragraph EX.1. applies. ...
    If you are receiving one or more of the following in E-ECP.3.3(a) or E-LTRP.3.3(a):

E-ECP.3.3 and E-LTRP.3.3:
    The requirements to be met under this paragraph are-

(a) the applicant’s partner must be receiving one or more of the following -
    (i) disability living allowance;
    (ii) severe disablement allowance;
    (iii) industrial injury disablement benefit;
    (iv) attendance allowance;
    (v) carer’s allowance;
    (vi) personal independence payment;
    (vii) Armed Forces Independence Payment or Guaranteed Income Payment under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme;
    (viii) Constant Attendance Allowance, Mobility Supplement or War Disablement Pension under the War Pensions Scheme; or
    (ix) Police Injury Pension; and

(b) the applicant must provide evidence that their partner is able to maintain and accommodate themselves, the applicant and any dependants adequately in the UK without recourse to public funds.
    Then adequate maintenance is required instead, in ECP.3.3(b) and E-LTRP.3.3(b).

Note that:

That extract fortifies our view that where there is reference in the authorities to income support, that should be taken to include any enhanced income supportand other benefits arising, for example, out of any disability. Such enhanced benefit is provided by the state because it is needed. A level of income below that enhanced level, would not be adequate for such an individual with those disabilities.
    Example (13).
    We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.

the UK the Dr telling me he spent most of his time doing 'disability' appointments, most of them were taking the ❇❇❇❇.
    If and I very much doubt the veracity of your post a Doctor imparted that knowledge he should be struck off.
    Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

Rookie มือใหม่

i cant agree more. i have been 10 months very ill and had more assessments than you can wave a stick at and eventually the dept of works and pensions did there own assessment.
    After 42 years of working full time i would much rather work for my keep but life doesn't always work out that way. i,m not sure if the gentleman's comments is a slur but i would happily swap places with anyone who has there health. I still have the same dreams as everyone else and own my own place etc so my lady wouldnt be a burden to the state as i can and will care for our needs.

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Thank you for your input. i would give anything to be healthy and not off work . if you would like to swap places i would be very happy to do so.

Hi .. thank you very much for your input. its very informative and i shall sit and try to absorb the information to a greater extent. My future wife will not be a burden on the state in any shape or form as i have my own house. As my wife she would be my carer thus actually saving the state paying carers allowance to someone.
    It is a mine field but i am slowly getting the hang of the requirements we need to meet.
    Earning £18600 a year would be so much easier but it is what it is so onward and upward...
    Gaz

Quote Originally Posted by ash View Post
    If and I very much doubt the veracity of your post a Doctor imparted that knowledge he should be struck off.
    why, it was in a pub and no names were mentioned, the NHS needs all the Drs it can get!

Quote Originally Posted by banporman View Post
    why, it was in a pub and no names were mentioned, the NHS needs all the Drs it can get!
    Many Doctors have been struck off for less. Dealt with a few in my time. Lying about qualifications was up there, as was cheating on expenses and claiming benefits, but so too was lying about the supposed illnesses of others. The NHS doesn't always need every Doctor it can get.
    'Tis me

Going off the info Vinny posted above, looks like you'll be in with a good shot!! Good luck, hope it works out for you both.

Andy.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Quite a lot of Thai wives in NE Lincs...a lot of them pack fish in some of the factories near the docks..Hope it works out for you..

so all anyone has to do is get registered disabled, how easy is that these days? I recall about 15 years ago living on an estate in the UK the Dr telling me he spent most of his time doing 'disability' appointments, most of them were taking the ❇❇❇❇.

Yes 15 years ago when a different lot where in power, bit different nowadays. It's one extreme to another. Poor kid:
    https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news...id=mailsignout
    The clock on the wall reads a quarter past midnight

Member สมาชิก

You must be on something else apart form PIP....either ESA or Universal Credit...enhanced rate for daily living and mobility re PIP is around £145 per week ...don't know what elements you get so cannot really comment...you sholud be getting a minimum of £110 per week if you don't end up in the work related activity group of ESA or UC..you may be getting Severe Disability Premium if you get the daily living component of PIP and are currently living alone.. ...of course that will end if she joins you to live in the UK..

Cheers..

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Quote Originally Posted by ash View Post
    sounds like a drunken conversation at 2.00am with a doctor

ha ha hadnt read all the post before i replied earlier .
    they was a post about 6 months ago try searching for it ,but all the best non of us knows whats round the corner if i did id stop wasting £2 on lotto every week lol