Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

RSS Feed British Embassy Bangkok to stop Certification of Income Letters

From 1 January 2019, the British Embassy Bangkok will no longer be providing British Nationals with letters confirming their income.

Read full article ...

(This post was generated automatically by Thailand-UK.com from the British Embassy Bangkok RSS Feed)

In short:

SPP01.jpg
    Paul พอล
    กำขี้ดีกว่ากำตด

Tougher and tougher regulations this time the BE making life difficult. Combined with tougher visa agent rulings (fair enough) more and more will be jacking it in
    Cambodia already seeing big influx over last 3 years with my eyes set on Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by Strawman View Post
    Tougher and tougher regulations this time the BE making life difficult.
    It's not the Embassy making life difficult in this case. It's the requirements that Thai Immigration are imposing on all Embassies in respect of verifying income, where currently they simply notarise documents folk like me provide to them.

To verify, means going to the income provider for proof of that income. There are all sorts of time and cost implications as well as and possibly most important, Data Protection issues. For example, my income providers might be slow in dealing with the request, they might want a fee for providing such data and they simply might refuse the request. Realistically, it's not possible for the Embassy to deal with all such scenario's.

I suspect that Thai authorities, who don't really have DP to worry about, have simply misunderstood the laws in most Western Countries. It's also worth noting it's the Embassies themselves that are suggesting that to comply with the regs that we deposit 40/65k into our Thai accounts monthly, whereas currently there is no requirement to do so.

So we need to wait to hear from the Thais themselves what we need to do to comply with the regs, maybe it is as the Embassies have stated, send over money each month, but that already means many of us will be in default of the 'regs' over the last 12 months, as whilst I personally send money over monthly, I don't always need to send the legal minimum account. Others I know send over quarterly, some twice yearly and so on and there are others who simply don't really qualify in meeting the requirements, but nevertheless, manage perfectly well on what they do have, which if retired, is way above what most Thais earn in any case.

The Thais simply, as is often the case, haven't thought this one through.
    'Tis me

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Strawman View Post
    ... Combined with tougher visa agent rulings (fair enough) more and more will be jacking it in ...
    I have missed this, what tougher visa agent rulings are they?
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    If you want to know where I am, follow me on my Thailand-UK Blog.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

the BE may say to put 40/65 thousand baht per month into a Thai bank account, but immigration still require a letter from the embassy, until this changes then its a no go for the monthly income route for extensions. lump sum only

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steve187 View Post
    the BE may say to put 40/65 thousand baht per month into a Thai bank account, but immigration still require a letter from the embassy ...
    Is this fact or presumption? One would have thought the Embassy would have verified this advice with the Thai authorities.

I suspect the letter will continue to be required until 1 January 2019 when the British Embassy will cease to provide this document.
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    If you want to know where I am, follow me on my Thailand-UK Blog.