Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  13
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Old Hand มือเก่า

We all know where immigration comes from why beat about the bush north asia (pakistan,india,bangladash)
    arranged marriages women just shipped to the uk to breed .
    im with Trump on this ,
    Serious the hundreds of taxi drivers must be making a killing im in the wrong job or should i do pizzas or currys why do you think they introduce the £18,600 threshold it was to get the tax that certain people was not paying .

Pateley Bridge, North Yorkshire/ Khao Yai, Korat

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    .If you choose to marry a foreign citizen and bring them to the UK, you cannot expect the UK taxpayer to subsidise YOUR choice.
    No, but with respect m'lad, we've been subsidising the 1st, 2nd and 3rd generations of natives that have never worked and thus never paid into the system for years.

It sticks in my throat that a British citizen who's paid his N.I and his taxes all his life has to pay a surcharge for his foreign wife (who probably gets a job soon after arriving) whilst these oiks do not and most likely never will, pay in to our sytem.

I am not quite as naive as the government - no way will I ever believe that the 1st generation couldn't find a job ever, in their entire life - let alone the 2nd and 3rd generations.

Yes, its a fact - it was on the news last year. There are now families in Leeds where 3 generations have never worked. Well, not done work that they've declared anyway.

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Samsung View Post
    why do you think they introduce the £18,600 threshold it was to get the tax that certain people was not paying .
    You may have a point there Samsung.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post

I am not quite as naive as the government
    They're not naive or stupid, they have think tanks and powerful computers that can forecast future scenarios depending on what is done today, or yesterday (yesterday meaning a few decades ago).
    The clock on the wall reads a quarter past midnight

Quote Originally Posted by rasg View Post
    Let's hope it isn't implemented until after April next year.
    Probably sooner, after passing all the procedure activity.

I know. Just dreaming that it might be introduced after my wife's second FLR is applied for on the 19th April.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Probably sooner, after passing all the procedure activity.
    They are probably now planning when to implement the next increase, the manifesto was to increase the surcharge to £600

Blog Entries

Is that true, Greg?
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Is that true, Greg?
    According to the Tory Manifesto, they would increase the surcharge to £600.
    https://www.conservatives.com/manifesto

They are also planning to increase the income threshold, but have not set out any details of how much or when.

Blog Entries

Wow, thanks for that Greg. The £400 charge will not cover the actual cost of providing the service to those who are required to pay the surcharge (HMG claims it costs £470 per person) whereas a rise to £600 appears to me to be rather punitive.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

As most partners will work and pay tax it is double charging. Can my wife expect a discount for the NHS element of her income tax?

As most partners will work and pay tax it is double charging.
    Not sure about most? my wife has worked but only for a few weeks and realistically is unlikely to work longer term but my taxes should cover the deficit
    Last edited by Vinny; 10th Dec 2018 at 01:03. Reason: Putting the quote in place
    Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

Member สมาชิก

Glad I did my wife’s FLR Monday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Hand มือเก่า

Quote Originally Posted by cmaussy246 View Post
    Glad I did my wife’s FLR Monday

good luck with FLM,so did you get the double whamy with 2 NHS surcharges .I just missed out on the first settlement,
    Just hope they dont change ILR so you have to pay another,you never know .

Member สมาชิก

Quote Originally Posted by Samsung View Post
    good luck with FLM,so did you get the double whamy with 2 NHS surcharges .I just missed out on the first settlement,
    Just hope they dont change ILR so you have to pay another,you never know .
    Thanks but I think if it goes up this month they will come back and ask for more

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cmaussy246 View Post
    Thanks but I think if it goes up this month they will come back and ask for more ...
    No, the law is clear. You will pay the rate applicable on the date the application is received.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

(HMG claims it costs £470 per person) whereas a rise to £600 appears to me to be rather punitive.
    That was my thought and why I was not fully supportive of the increase.

In my eyes, this £600 increase is more about the government meeting their pledge on controlling immagration.

I have copy and pasted the following for the Tory manifesto.

But with annual net migration standing at 273,000, immigration to Britain is still too high. It is
    our objective to reduce immigration to sustainable levels, by which we mean annual net
    migration in the tens of thousands, rather than the hundreds of thousands we have seen
    over the last two decades.
    We will, therefore, continue to bear down on immigration from outside the European
    Union. We will increase the earnings thresholds for people wishing to sponsor migrants
    for family visas. We will toughen the visa requirements for students, to make sure that we
    maintain high standards. We will expect students to leave the country at the end of their
    course, unless they meet new, higher requirements that allow them to work in Britain
    after their studies have concluded.

In 2007 an ILR increased from £335 to £750, in 2012 the minimum income threshold was introduced and in 2015 the NHS surcharged was introduced, plus the ILR increased from £991 to £1500.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...ember-2016.pdf

Coincidence?

Interesting reading especially going onto the map to see the difference between Copeland and next door (Jam - Land) Allerdale.
    IMHO have a cull on Quangos in the NHS and re-allocate the money, seams their hellbent on making the Visa process / NHS surcharge as expensive a possible for non EU persons. Which we already knew.
    bangkok mags

Pateley Bridge, North Yorkshire/ Khao Yai, Korat

Quote Originally Posted by Greg / Pairin View Post
    B
    We will, therefore, continue to bear down on immigration from outside the European
    Union. We will increase the earnings thresholds for people wishing to sponsor migrants
    for family visas.
    I take that as an admission that the income requirement has nothing to do with making sure someone can support their wife for example - and everything to do with contolling immigration. That to me is also borne out by the fact that there is no separation between someone who earns say £18600 so therefore meets the requirement but may have outgoings of £18599 and someone who earns £17,000 and has very few outgoings.

We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.

Blog Entries

For ease in reading, here is a pdf of the Statutory Instrument: https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/...0181389_en.pdf

I’m not convinced the date in Vinny’s link is correct, if Parliament follows normal legal day counting conventions the date calculation would mean this change would apply from 9 January. To be certain of avoiding this increase, applications should be received by 7 January.
    Tobias - โทเบียส