Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Member สมาชิก

Default How many [visits allowed on a 6 month visit visa?]

Hi all.
    My Thai GF was granted a 6 month Visa in September 2018. She came to UK for 3 weeks and has just gone home to Thailand.
    She wants to come again in Feb. 2019 for 4 weeks, the Visa expires March 20 2019. This will be 2 visits in 6 months, I am not sure she can do this as I think she can only come "1 time".......but I am not sure.

So, how many times can she come and go on a 6 month Visa ?

Any advice most welcome.
    Thanks

dave

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์

I don't think there is a limit as long as you keep within 6 months total. All the 6 months visas I've seen are multi entry.
    Lucky

Premium Member

Should say on the visa, in her passport usually multi entry.

Blog Entries

Her visa will almost certainly be a 'multiple visit' visa which means she will be able to return in February. She must physically leave the UK by the expiration date of the visa irrespective of what it says on the entry stamp.

On any future visa application you should also mention the additional trip and explain the reasons for it, it won't be a problem, but mention it nonetheless.
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    If you want to know where I am, follow me on my Thailand-UK Blog.

Just double check that her visa is multiple entry. It would be very unusual if it wasn't. Under number of entries in the visa it will have MULT.

As long as it is, another trip won’t be a problem.

As Tobias says, it is better to mention it when you apply for the visa in the first place but it's not always possible. Plans change etc.

Member สมาชิก

I was tempted to invite my GF for a second visit in the 6 months that her visa was valid for but because I requested 6 weeks holiday I though I'd better stick to my word.

Quote Originally Posted by Dippychippy View Post
    I was tempted to invite my GF for a second visit in the 6 months that her visa was valid for but because I requested 6 weeks holiday I though I'd better stick to my word.
    Im guessing it was a Multi-Entry Visa, can make several visits on the same Visa as long as she did nt overstay and stayed with-in the Visa validity, if applying for another VV it's worth explaining why she made subsequent visits, my wife never had problems doing this, but that was a long time ago.
    Been times where she went to the UK , then we traveled in Europe then back to the UK (she had a Schengen Visa as well) never had problems because was a Multi - Entry Visa.
    bangkok mags

Quote Originally Posted by Dippychippy View Post
    As long as you have a valid reason and can explain any subsequent trips on the next visa application, it's not an issue.

Back in 2015 my wife came to the UK on the 1st July for a month. While she was away she was made redundant by the hotel she was working in and her reason to return effectively disappeared. On that basis she stayed for 14 weeks.

Her first visit visa ran out on the 12th December so with my help she applied for another visit visa so she could come back to the UK and stay with my family for Christmas. The second visit visa ran from 1st December so both were valid at the same time.

If we had been little more clued up and requested that the first visit visa started on the 1st July it would have included Christmas. She arrived back in the UK on the 1st December 2015 and stayed for 18 weeks until the middle of February.

All I did was explain the circumstances of her staying longer than originally requested and that as she had lost her job she had no burning reason to return home, hence staying for first 14 weeks and then 18 weeks. It wasn't a problem at all and she returned to Thailand armed with the paperwork for a settlement visa and her English language test.

Sadly, gone are the days when a settlement visa only took around two weeks. My wife went and got her TB test and submitted her SV two days after she returned to Bangkok and just over two weeks later she returned to the UK.

No reason to return needed for a settlement visa.

Pateley Bridge, North Yorkshire/ Khao Yai, Korat

Quote Originally Posted by sisaket View Post
    Im guessing it was a Multi-Entry Visa
    They are all multi entry as far as I know. I'll stand corrected but I've never seen a single entry visit visa.

She shouldn't remain in the UK beyond the validity date of her visa.

They are all multi entry as far as I know. I'll stand corrected but I've never seen a single entry visit visa.
    I have my wife's first visa was valid for 1 month and was single entry in 2002 all subsequent were multi entry and between 6 months and ten years
    Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen