Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Furniture เฟอร์นิเจอร์

Default [BKK] Fast Track Immigration tips

It seems BFS premium fast track services are no longer available for economy ticket holders.

Has anybody got tips on getting through immigration quickly now?

My brother is visiting in November and has never used anything but this service on his visits.

I have only used this service on my trips out of Thailand over the last five years, so I am well out of date for tips and tricks.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Blog Entries

BFS say the "airport authorities" have restricted the Fast Track service to passengers travelling on either a first or business class ticket. If that is correct, then I suspect the service offered via Expedia might also be similarly affected.
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    If you want to know where I am, follow me on my Thailand-UK Blog.

Furniture เฟอร์นิเจอร์

I agree with you Tobias, if it is airport authorities, or is it no tea money. LOL

I tried the expedia booking site and it accepted the booking was possible unlike the bfs site which said economy tickets were not acceptable

I booked this a few weeks ago (for Nov 15th ) and the booking was accepted. Will be interesting to see what happens then.
    I'm ONE of the 52%

Blog Entries

I would expect all current bookings will be honoured, the sale of these Fast Track passes being restricted to first and business class passengers.

If this mantra is indeed from the airport authorities then it will apply to all passengers - and that will include "elite" frequent flyers flying in the economy cabins. Given that the queues in Fast Track (inbound and especially outbound) can be quite long, I appreciate why this service might be being restricted.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Am I getting confused with Fast Track and what my booking is called "VIP"

I have used this service for a couple of times now (only on arrival) and I have never seen a queue at the passport desk other than about 2 people in front of me.

At Swampy the service that I have purchased takes me through the same route that the cabin crew use.
    I'm ONE of the 52%

Blog Entries

That's the same one Gary, the pass usually has "Premium Lane" written across it.

Sometimes there are only a few people about, but sometimes there are queues and it can be a wait of 5 to 10 minutes - departures is the worst.

We are of course talking about Thailand here and therefore it is quite possible that it is only BFS who are not permitted to provide the service to those travelling in economy.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Furniture เฟอร์นิเจอร์

In all the times I have used this Fast track service, and it has been plenty I have only had 1 person in front of me once.

It could well be BFS only.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmbo60 View Post
    It seems BFS premium fast track services are no longer available for economy ticket holders.

Has anybody got tips on getting through immigration quickly now?
    Have never used the fast track service, with having kids we have never needed to.

Last August an immigration officer came out and picked 12 or so families with young children, we were lucky to be one off them. My daughter was miffed to say the least when the officer called her baby, she is 14 years old now, however she is very small and we still have to purchase clothes in the 8/9 year age group.

Yet the year before, we had to queue for nearly an hour along with all the other passengers, hit and miss nowadays. We do tend to use the second immigration queue nowadays anyway, more chance of a smaller queue.

Furniture เฟอร์นิเจอร์

Quote Originally Posted by Gary & Nok View Post
    Am I getting confused with Fast Track and what my booking is called "VIP"

I have used this service for a couple of times now (only on arrival) and I have never seen a queue at the passport desk other than about 2 people in front of me.

At Swampy the service that I have purchased takes me through the same route that the cabin crew use.
    Called your service provider, and they assured me they were still giving this service to economy class ticket holders.
    Thanks Gary

Is it possible to go through the Thai immigration if you are travelling with your Thai spouse...?

My response to that TO1 would be TIT, one minute you can the next minute you can't.

There is no reason why not as they allow families with young kids through but, I say again TIT.
    I'm ONE of the 52%

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I would expect all current bookings will be honoured, the sale of these Fast Track passes being restricted to first and business class passengers.
    Don't the airlines automatically provide first and business class passengers with complementary fast track passes anyway?

Furniture เฟอร์นิเจอร์

It would appear BFS is the only one to have stopped providing the service. I suspect the reason given is face saving.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Don't the airlines automatically provide first and business class passengers with complementary fast track passes anyway?
    Yes, most (but not all) airlines do. Those who buy the buggy or meet and greet service also pay for the Premium Lane coupon (which they do not need). I suspect, if this change is only on BTS, that they have chosen not to pay for the Premium Lane and make no allowance for that saving on their charges.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

can i ask a question fast track to were ? A plane sitting on some tarmac ,arrive when the aircrew do 90 mins before the flight ,even if you get on the plane first it aint moving to the guy whos at the back next to bogs has got on and if just landing walk slow chill out take in the sights because you have 300 people rushing .never missed a flight yet been close ,i think the most i have been was when i was sat in the bar at abu dabi

Blog Entries

We are discussing the immigration Premium Lane through BKK on arrival, Samsung. All walking slow will achieve on arrival is to allow those 300 people to overtake you to join the thousands of other passengers already waiting in the often very long immigration queues.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    We are discussing the immigration Premium Lane through BKK on arrival, Samsung. All walking slow will achieve on arrival is to allow those 300 people to overtake you to join the thousands of other passengers already waiting in the often very long immigration queues.
    how hit and miss the exiting lanes are sometimes a massive queue and other times non but more recent a bit of a wait .on my flights back to the uk are early morning mean i get in the uk at around 7.30 am used to arrival at swampy 90 mins before flight same as the air crew (around that mark) But last time bags checked in and all ok but the massive queue at immigration i was worried i would miss my flight home time for a change in my life i think but my mum always said i would be late for my own funeral .