Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Suspended

Default Visit visa for wife's Daughter

Hi looking at doing a Visit visa for My step daughter 12 yrs old to the UK, Myself and wife both live in Thailand and wife holds a British passport, it is easier than when i applied for the wife all those years ago i.e "reason to return" prof on monies" Accommodation" and all that? she already has a USA 10 year multi entry in her passport so i'm guessing the process will be very easy or is there going to be just as many problems as there was when doing one for my wife.

Your biggest problem will be her reason to return.

I'm not clear if you will all be coming to the UK or just your step daughter. If all, then the fact you live in Thailand as a family I would have thought would help... but who knows the workings of the ECO's
    I'm ONE of the 52%

Suspended

Our Trip is to the USA (all 3 of us) via UK only there for a few days, as for the reason to return that's the bit i'll not understand when it comes to a child, Do they run away? Hide in the UK, Lol think not, but as you say seem to think different, Easy it is the summer holidays in Thai schools so reason to return is to go back to school?

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Also she has already been to the USA, and that was such an easy visa to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocala View Post
    ......Do they run away? Hide in the UK, Lol think not, but as you say seem to think different...
    This is England, you will be surprised who wants to stay

Also she has already been to the USA, and that was such an easy visa to get.
    These days in the UK, with Brexit going on, it may be a little harder than the US when it comes to visas.

Anyway, good luck with the visa and if/when you get it good luck for your trip here.
    I'm ONE of the 52%

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

is a holiday visa different than a visit visa or the same ,school holidays got the money i can not see any problem what so ever ,as long as all is completed proper and a reason to return for her/him iv got school on say 6th September and misses x says iv got be early because im a head pupil is that a good reason to return Mr immigration officer ps i have to take my 5 year old sister too mum says i must look after her as im older,,,,As long as you have the funds i see no problem

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Samsung View Post
    is a holiday visa different than a visit visa or the same
    Same, as for the rest you wrote I guess that made sense to you

Same, as for the rest you wrote I guess that made sense to you
    makes perfect sense a reason a minor would want to return to Thailand,,Its a daft question that is being abused with no one questioning the decision makers in other words they can abuse the system and thats what they are doing . I only used the misses knows the law and wont break the terms of her visa so she wouldn't put other visa applications at risk you can drum it up all you want but thats the case .it was tongue in cheek why a minor would have a reason to return .Your wife has a British passport so your talking about a minors reason to return a 12 year old so can you tell me her reason to return .

Suspended

so can you tell me her reason to return .
    I'd say she's a bit young to be running away and hiding up in the UK don't you think? Reason to return "i'm not old enough to cope with hiding up", I've been though 2 rejections one visit visa and one settlement visa for my wife years back and got them both sorted, i will fight to the end with these (nasty) people, does anyone know is it still that woman running the embassy?

i would tell them all they need to know the deeper you go the more ammo they have ,ie she knows the law and dosent want to break it or risk future visa applications ,

Suspended

i would tell them all they need to know the deeper you go the more ammo they have ,
    I was writing back to you, But hey Thanks