Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Rookie มือใหม่

Post Spouse visa - self employed, who has to be the 'sponsor'?

Hi everyone,

I'm writing this as i am looking to apply for a spouse VISA for my wife once we have got married in Thailand in December. However i have a couple of concerns and wondered if anyone could advise;

I am self employed but my main income is from being a shareholder in a family business but i do not own or have a shareholder certificate as i am included in a trust which entitles me to shareholder entitlement once i become of age.

I'm looking to seek a cover letter from the company's chartered accountant detailing the trust and my entitlements plus a supporting letter from the company's manager/director confirming the dividend etc. Do you think this would be appropriate proof of funds even though i do not have a shareholder certificate? I do receive an annual dividend and have done for the past 7 years which my tax return(s) shows and the amount is above the minimum income threshold.

Another concern is that I am still living at my parents residence after buying (first time buyer) a new build home that was supposed to be completed in the Spring 2018! The builders have continuously delayed the completion over a number of months and the revised completion date is now December, when i will be in Thailand and therefore i will not be in my new home until after i return from Thailand having already applied for the spouse VISA. Obviously I won't be able to present any council, utility bills but i will request a cover letter from the builders to confirm exchange of contracts etc. and reasons beyond my control for delay in build completion.

Considering the above concerns, could anyone tell me if i am able to use my parents as 'sponsors' for my girlfriend (wife to be) and use their financial and residential information as part of the application or does all the information provided HAVE to be from and relevant to the husband?

Many thanks in advance for any info you can provide

Nick

My recommendation is to give the financial guidelines to your accountant and get him/her to let you know.

I am self employed and did that and had good advice that meant that application was fine. It cost me £100 and was money well spent.

There shouldn't be any problems with your parents helping with adequate accommodation.

The Financial requirements are subject
    E-ECP.3.1. The applicant must provide specified evidence, from the sources listed in paragraph E-ECP.3.2., of-
    and the sources are subject to
    E-ECP.3.2. When determining whether the financial requirement in paragraph E-ECP. 3.1. is met only the following sources will be taken into account-
    However, there may be exceptional circumstances
    for other sources.

Other sources of income, financial support or funds in exceptional circumstances
    21A(1). Where paragraph GEN.3.1.(1) of Appendix FM applies, the decision-maker is required to take into account the sources of income, financial support or funds specified in sub-paragraph (2).

Rookie มือใหม่

Many thanks for all this info Vinny - cheers

Rookie มือใหม่

I wonder if anyone has any info on the below please;

My girlfriend (soon to be wife) and i have a daughter together, born in May this year;

We haven't a passport for her yet as i will be applying for this when i get to Thailand in December. I wondered if i had to provide evidence that the baby is mine/british when applying for the Spouse VISA? And if so what evidence that would be? I have only a birth certificate so far which has been translated and certified and shows me as the father. Will i need the passport or any other documents?

My girlfriend also has a son from a previous relationship but he won't be coming to the UK as he lives with my girlfriend's mother and father. Do i need to make this known on the application that my gf has a son and if so what info should i provide? Do i need to show proof that my gf will not need to cover her sons expenses and if so how should i go about getting evidence for that, a written letter from my gf's mother and father perhaps?

Lastly, i need to get counter signatures for my baby's photos and passport application and also of my girlfriends passport photos for her VISA application. I'm struggling to think who i could get to do this for both cases? The baby is only 6 months old!

Many thanks in advance for anyone who can help!

Nick

Above is posted in another thread!!!!
    I'm ONE of the 52%