Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Rookie มือใหม่

Default Extending the visa vignette

So, just over two weeks ago my wife received the passports of her two daughters back, with visa vignettes that expire on 19th November. Which, after 25 weeks and 6 days of waiting, was a great moment!

Since then it's been a quick return to feeling angry and frustrated and concerned again!
    The problem being we are still waiting for my wife's passport to be returned...as my step daughters' vignettes approach expiration!

Due to the amount of time they've taken to process, their TB tests have now also expired, so we want to get those done again, but my wife can't get a test without her passport!

I've contacted Sheffield through their useless premium number. They've emailed me saying a decision was made on 15th October. Which I presumed anyway, as my stepdaughters have visas!

But when my wife contacts Bangkok and explains this, they fob her off and tell her to contact Sheffield...who have already said they've made their decision, insinuating the problem is in Bangkok. Which I agree with, no?

So I need advice on how to do a 'transfer of conditions', the visa vignette extension thing. 2× £154 to extend it for the girls, even though we shouldn't have to need to...and even though my wife's passport, IF it resurfaces, will probably have an expired visa vignette that ALSO needs extending/renewing.

So when should we be applying for the new vignette? And more importantly, how do we? Because I can't seem to find a link to actually find the form.

Sorry for the long post, I've tried to include everything relevant.

Any advice or info would be much appreciated.

Member สมาชิก

I am guessing you have to use the visa4uk site again and I think there is a vignette transfer under the 'others'.
    I would wait until they are just about to expiry in case your wife passport gets returned on time.

I've also read from previous entries that people have entered the UK with expired certificates and been x-rayed upon arrival.

Sounds like a nightmare. I had to email UKVI twice at a cost of £5.48 each time and the answers they give back are useless and a waste of time.
    They did however offer to escalate the status of the visa to the relevant department but before I replied the visa was issued.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

as i can gather from your post is the children's visa are all ok and the mothers is a bit behind ,not a professor on this subject ,but one would think can they not do a family visa ,would stop such stupid scruples .hey good luck with visas .

Prior to 1st April 2003, the probationary qualifying period for SET(M), for spouses/civil or unmarried partners was twelve months. Between 1st April 2003 and 8th July 2012, it was increased to twenty four months.

Following TA, the validity of a spouse/civil or unmarried partner visas was increased from twenty four months to 27 months (282, 295B), to give them more time to enter. From 9th July 2012, the probationary qualifying period for SET(M) increased from two years to five years. There was a corresponding increase in the validity of entry clearance from twenty seven months to thirty three months (D-ECP).

The vignette’s 30 days validity undermines the thirty three months leave granted under D-ECP.
    We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.

Member สมาชิก

Contact local mp

Rookie มือใหม่

Dsw727 x-rayed? Why?

I've done the email twice. Got an unsatisfactory generic answer the first time. Emailed again to say so...politely of course...and am still awaiting a reply on that one.

'Escalated' on 3rd October. ❇❇❇ is that about, btw? Shouldn't it already be 'escalated'?

Samsung you'd expect them to be done collectively and kept together anyway, surely? My wife would have to get a visa for the girls to get one...so due to my experience throughout this whole process I'm thinking cynically that they deliberately 'misplaced' my wife's passport, having previously not dealt with all 3 apps until 'escalation' (after waiting patiently for 23 weeks.)

Vinny, apologies for my ignorance, could you explain your last point? I don't follow.

Jimmer 1 I did that Monday afternoon. This was after my wife got a 6am train from Nakhom Pathom to Bangkok, standing all the way with no ac!...but only 14 baht!

She visited the Embassy, who said contact Sheffield. She visited VFS who said they'd phoned the Embassy, who would contact Sheffield...who had already sent me an email on 24th saying the app had been decided on the 15th! The 2 ladies on VFS reception seemed very sympathetic, she said. I had told her to not get angry and loud, because she'd get no help or consideration, it would be game over...but if she could squeeze a few tears out, all the better! She managed watery eyes and a pitiful look, apparently.

I then relented and phoned Sheffield again, hoping to escalate AGAIN, but was very stroppily told I couldn't...as it had already been escalated! I had to hang up!

I emailed my MP immediately after, cynically thinking it would take a month to get read...and received a reply in 2 days and an assurance action was being taken on my behalf!...My 'Non EU Settlement Visa Nightmare' title may have piqued my Labour MP's 'interest'! :-)

...which brings us to Tuesday (As I make a huge assumption anyone's still reading!) One of those ladies at VFS phoned to say her app was successful, she would get email confirmation Wednesday, visa Thursday. She phoned off her own bat, amazingly, just to put my wife out of her misery. Yes, we could book flights and ANOTHER tb test.

Wednesday comes...no email!

Thursday comes...AND SO DOES THE VISA! :-) ...so I'll happily overlook another missing email.

I have so many theories and suspicions about how/why kids of 6 and 11 can get granted a visa 3 weeks before their mother. About a 136 'working days' wait. I won't list them all, the post is long enough! From looking on a few immigration sites I know our case is not an exception.

The whole process from the shocking navigation and hidden/missing info on the government website, to the application form IHS 'glitch' (which resulted 10 weeks later in an email demand for payment within a week...or the visas would be denied!)...and so on, well it's a disgrace isn't it? But as a relatively small and powerless and, let's be honest, unwanted group, consideration of any kind is not necessary, or desirable it seems.

I haven't posted much on this site, just asked a couple of questions, but have gotten great and helpful information at various times. So a collective thank you to the people that take the time to pass on their knowledge and experience...hopefully I can be of use in future.

Member สมาชิก

Quote Originally Posted by Apple & Mark View Post
    Dsw727 x-rayed? Why?
    This was in response to needing to do another TB test and as I said above people have entered UK before with their expired TB certificate and was mentioned that if needed yo they can be X-rayed upon arrival and thus not needing to do another expensive TB test.

Your last post sounds like everything has finally been successful.

Rookie มือใหม่

I suggested to my wife we probably wouldn't need a new test, but we both agreed to play it safe! :-)

Yes, all good now!

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

yes with regards to TB test all is OK it just needs to be valid when visa applied for can travel to the UK with it out of date my wife did hope this helps ,Been at work for a few days so missed this i apologize you didn't need a new TB scan as your original was submitted before it expired .My wife was in this situation with hers expiring before she came to the UK and its something i had to clarify ,
    Last edited by Samsung; 12th Nov 2018 at 20:50.

Rookie มือใหม่

No worries, Samsung. We DID get new tests, and one of the kids had a birthday, 10 to 11...so had to pay 3,500 instead of 400baht!

I asked on the Sheffield premium service 'helpline' if we could use the out of date certs...Not surprisingly they couldn't answer this question. Out of interest, has anyone on Thailand-UK EVER had a question answered by them!? (Crying with tears emoji)

Premium Member

I've posted this before but my wife failed the TB test (small dark area on top side of her lung). She then had a short incubation and a long term incubation of Sputum that was negative. We were ok with this and health was the priority.
    She then had to have 6 months TB antibiotics and still the TB doctor In Bangkok was holding out for a bribe (IMO) which he didn't get.
    We then received a TB cert with comments and when she arrived in the UK, we registered with the NHS and had her checked out. No issue found and the Doctor said the Incubation test of the sample should have been enough.
    Just thought this may interest anyone who searches on the Forum for TB test. TB test are not always guaranteed and congrats to Apple, Mark and the children.

Quote Originally Posted by Apple & Mark View Post
    Vinny, apologies for my ignorance, could you explain your last point? I don't follow.
    Sorry, I was just commenting that whoever thought up this vignette’s 30 days validity period was underminding the Immigration rules that allow at least 3 months to initially enter the UK.
    We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.