Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default Five days for a new UK passport renewal

I was very impressed.

I made the application online and uploaded the photo on Saturday and had confirmation that I needed to send my old passport. Posted it out on the Monday by first class post.

Amazed that the new one was delivered on the Wednesday and the old one arrived back the following day.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

All very quick now i just changed address on driving licence ,entered passport number online ,new one was with me 7 days later used my passport photo .

Did mine a couple months back all done online and took 8 days for the new passport to arrive, was very impressed. It's not that simple for 1st time passport though, they even call you up to attend an interview before processing the application, just to make sure you are you and a few questions asked.

I suppose the uk is getting use to all this by now ,just a few things that gripe IE 5 years for a young one ,and the first passport is a nightmare ,but other than that all is good apart from the expense

I don't think a passport is expensive. £7.50 a year is not expensive!

Quote Originally Posted by rasg View Post
    I don't think a passport is expensive. £7.50 a year is not expensive!
    uk is almost £90 a year ,every 10 year ,sorry if you break it down then your correct .it is compared to a thail one .almost double

If you're in Thailand, far from Bangkok, a UK passport can cost more than double. It requires TWO visits to Bangkok, one to make the application, another to collect your passport. A courier fee of £23.01 is added to the £95.50 passport cost and your time and travelling expenses go on top of that. They won't courier passports to your home address, you have to collect them in person from Trendy Building. Two return flights, for example, can easily set you back another £100+. They quote 4 weeks as the processing time, but two recent experiences (passport renewals for myself and my son) took only 2 weeks.
    Paul พอล
    กำขี้ดีกว่ากำตด

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ toddmeister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just done renewal online too. Also very impressed. Online application done last Wednesday lunchtime. Photo uploaded from phone so no messing about looking for and paying for photobooth. Notification via text & email Friday lunchtime advising old passport had been received & new one issued on Friday. Another notification Friday afternoon saying passport on its way. £10 cheaper for applying online too. Have to do our sons renewal next

Quote Originally Posted by Samsung View Post
    uk is almost £90 a year
    Not quite. A UK Adult standard 34 page passport is only £75.50 if you apply on-line.
    It will cost you £85 if you do it by post.
    I'm ONE of the 52%

there are agents about who will check, take and collect

ok but to the cost of our member EU states ie an id card romania cost FREE ,poland small fee good to travel europe then its not so cheap .In other words the uk is not in the eu only when it suits .or the other way round ,we should be in and accept all they offer or get out .Plus your driving license which was sneaked in £20 every ten years ,it dosent cost £20 pound to upload a photo RIP off Britain its called but i suppose thats what makes the world go round .If you still had your original and not changed address then you wouldnt have to pay for a new one every 10 years so why should i pay ,corrupt if you ask me .Forcing something on the public for £ ,
    Last edited by Samsung; 12th Nov 2018 at 20:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Samsung View Post
    ok but to the cost of our member EU states ie an id card romania cost FREE ,poland small fee good to travel europe then its not so cheap .In other words the uk is not in the eu only when it suits .or the other way round ,we should be in and accept all they offer or get out .
    My god man you could be on to something here. Tell the Government that unless we can have cheaper passports we should leave the EU.
    If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.

Quote Originally Posted by -Keith- View Post
    My god man you could be on to something here. Tell the Government that unless we can have cheaper passports we should leave the EU.
    They already know !
    like the cost to process a eastern european caught with no diving insurance ,ie 3 x hours for translator at £180 a hour thats why they turn a blind eye (the police ) no common rule