Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  23
Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member สมาชิก

Got the VISA submitted today at Trendy building but my wife was told to post the supporting documents and application folder herself to the UK within 20 business days - wasn't aware that we had to post the supporting documents ourselves, thought the VPS guys took care of everything? Does anyone know of this.?

Just wondering now whether to take everything back home with me and post from the UK as quote from DHL online from Thailand to UK is 4000bht!

Member สมาชิก

Best thing to do take back home and get posted straight away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's how the documents are sent with a settlement visa now. They changed it last year.

Member สมาชิก

I've had the marriage certificate certified at the MFA.
    Do you think I need to include this in the VISA application or just the original marriage certificate and translation is okay?

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

A translated copy is good enough as long as it contains the details of the person who translated it.
    If you have had it certified then there is no harm is sending the copy.

I had my marriage certificate certified at the MFA as well as my stepdaughters child custody document should we need to provide those for things over here i.e. Schengen visa.

Nick if I were you I would send the documents to Sheffield when you get home to the UK (depends how soon that is). It is far easier (and cheaper) to send your supporting documents over here and have them returned to your UK address.
    It was £11 each way and I submitted a lot for FLR.
    I included photocopies but they just got sent back to me.

Glad to see you're near the end of your visa journey and really surprised how quick that passport took.
    Good stuff.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

It's too late to edit my above post.

Where I have mentioned certified by MFA I actually meant my documents where legalised (forgot the word at time of posting).
    I am guessing that you also meant that.

Member สมาชิก

Thanks Dsw for your reply.

I don't know whether the cert has been certified and/or legalised - it just has a stamp on the colour copy saying 'certified true copy' and the translation which states 'seen at the ministry of foreign affairs' no where does it say 'legalised'? - Do i need to do something different to have the document 'legalised', in order to, for example, apply for Schengen VISA?

I'm going back to the UK this week so i will post the documents to Sheffield when i get home. I believe i need to include a self-paid posting bag for the delivery back to me? I've got two big files, one for the legal documents, accommodation, finances etc. and another (bigger) one for the relationship supporting documents.

The passport came surprisingly quick and Liverpool communication/support was good.. I was expecting it to be a much longer and difficult process!

-Cheers

Member สมาชิก

Just out of curiosity, I am 100% supporting my wife financially in her Spouse Visa application but should i be including financial docs from my wife's side (Thai bank statement etc.)? She hasn't been employed and hasn't had any income for over a year, she has been living back with her parents and they have been supporting her..

Are the Thai financial documents necessary being that i am sponsoring her and no finances are/will be used from her side to support the application?

-Thanks

Member สมาชิก

You don’t need to supply any Thai financial documents from your wife. The onus is all on you to meet the financial threshold for the first settlement visa. When you apply for FLR you can use joint income should you need to.

Old Hand มือเก่า

The cost to send my docs for FLM m was around the £27-£30 mark has the address would not accept signed mail or weight was to much ,i remember the conversation with the lady and she could see i just wanted them posted so i coughed up was a lot of info included throe maybe to much .
    Hidden cost i call them can be as much as the visa itself .ie 4000 baht £80 ,

Member สมาชิก

Thanks to all for your input to this thread it's been very helpful.

I arrived back in the UK yesterday and posted the supporting docs out to the PO Box address in Sheffield only to be notified today by ParcelForce that they do not deliver to PO Box so requested an address change or ship back to me. I have asked them to change to the Vulcan House address which they will deliver to, and just hope now that Vulcan House will accept the delivery?!

I'm expecting an answer to the application within 3 months, but hoping for 6-8 weeks as I stated the 1st March as the preferred arrival date in to the UK.

I will get back and update as and when I receive the news.

- Cheers

Premium Member

we used Royal Mail Track and trace next day delivery to send to Sheffield.

Member สมาชิก

I wasn't able to use Royal Mail due to the weight of the documents being over 2kg!

Member สมาชิก

Quote Originally Posted by Samsung View Post
    The cost to send my docs for FLM m was around the £27-£30 mark has the address would not accept signed mail or weight was to much ,i remember the conversation with the lady and she could see i just wanted them posted so i coughed up was a lot of info included throe maybe to much .
    Hidden cost i call them can be as much as the visa itself .ie 4000 baht £80 ,
    That seems incredibly expensive. For FLR it cost me £11 Royal Mail special delivery which is guaranteed next day by 1pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackem Stu View Post
    That seems incredibly expensive. For FLR it cost me £11 Royal Mail special delivery which is guaranteed next day by 1pm.
    Maybe your visa information you sent weighed a lot less. I am self employed and had to send a bound set of accounts and a years worth of bank statements...

Member สมาชิก

Quote Originally Posted by rasg View Post
    Maybe your visa information you sent weighed a lot less. I am self employed and had to send a bound set of accounts and a years worth of bank statements...
    So maybe Samsung sent a lot more information than was needed

Member สมาชิก

I sent the docs to Vulcan House 2 weeks ago. Does anyone know what the next step is in terms of hearing progress of the application? I read somewhere that the original docs get posted back to you??

Should i be expecting the originals to be sent back and roughly how long after submitting would that be (average)?

My wife also added the SMS notification charge but hasn't received any updates so far.

Just wondering at what stage would we know that the application is being dealt with or processing.. As of now we're none the wiser that it has been received and/or being processed.

-Cheers

Member สมาชิก

Quote Originally Posted by nickuk View Post
    I sent the docs to Vulcan House 2 weeks ago. Does anyone know what the next step is in terms of hearing progress of the application? I read somewhere that the original docs get posted back to you??

Should i be expecting the originals to be sent back and roughly how long after submitting would that be (average)?

My wife also added the SMS notification charge but hasn't received any updates so far.

Just wondering at what stage would we know that the application is being dealt with or processing.. As of now we're none the wiser that it has been received and/or being processed.

-Cheers
    For our settlement visa and FLR, the documents were returned once the visa had been granted.

Member สมาชิก

Thanks Mackem Stu, how long did you have to wait for the settlement?

Member สมาชิก

Quote Originally Posted by nickuk View Post
    Thanks Mackem Stu, how long did you have to wait for the settlement?
    We did settlement back in December 2014 and it took just over 4 weeks