Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  23
Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

My wife's was an FLR visa that was applied for in the UK.

Member สมาชิก

Ok, thanks Rasg.

Did you have to take the physical documents with you to the appointment?

It's not clear whether I need to take all the physical documents with me to BKK or whether I can just simply take a USB stick which will include all the scanned documents and upload them at the centre from that USB?

Could anyone advise on this, re. correct procedure for Trendy Building in BKK, whether I must take the physical documents with me?

-Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nickuk View Post
    Ok, thanks Rasg.

Did you have to take the physical documents with you to the appointment?

It's not clear whether I need to take all the physical documents with me to BKK or whether I can just simply take a USB stick which will include all the scanned documents and upload them at the centre from that USB?

Could anyone advise on this, re. correct procedure for Trendy Building in BKK, whether I must take the physical documents with me?

-Thanks
    I took all of our documents and I recommend that you do the same.

Bear in mind that I was submitting in the UK. The only docs they asked for was my wife's passport, and the appointment confirmation with the barcode. They looked at my wife's BRP but I had already uploaded a scan of it front and back. The family of four in front of us had their BRPs scanned with a scanner that looked like a thin florescent light on a stand.

I took a look at the computer where we submitted (in the UK) and all were security sealed with a big label on the side. I very much doubt they would use your USB stick. Worth taking but I doubt it.

Member สมาชิก

Thanks Rasg.

Has anyone submitted settlement VISA at the trendy building since the self-upload came in to effect?
    I'm about to book the appointment but i'm faced with a screen trying to sell me different 'value packages' for different services for courier service, document scanning etc. but they are 3-4500 bht!

Anyone advise what the best option to do is, whether it's worth paying for one of the packages or any of the individual items such as 'courier only service', 'document scanning assistance' etc?

-Thanks

Member สมาชิก

I applied (well my wife applied) last month, we didn't select any extras from VFS website but we were offered document scanning, courier service and priority service at Trendy. I was still waiting for some documents back in the UK so we did not scan our supporting documents but we did buy priority and the courier service (have to pay cash). Be warned though, we made sure to double check what to do with our supporting documents and we were given the wrong information. If you can get them scanned in Bangkok when you go to your appointment it's probably the best option now.

Here you go. This is specifically for Thailand. 460 baht if you want them to scan for you in the second link.

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/th/en/va...ting-documents

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/th/en/premium-services

Member สมาชิก

Cheers Darren, I've gone to the next page on the VFS website and it's asking me whether I want to upload my docs in advance or do it on the day of the appointment, so I am going to upload them in advance.

When you say you paid for 'priority' - did you not already do that on the application as mine asked me whether i wanted standard or priority application and I paid for 'priority' at the time of completing the application, I believe it's 4-6 weeks turnaround. - I'm hoping i don't need to pay anything extra at Trendy for 'priority!

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Thanks Rasg
    Last edited by nickuk; 14th May 2019 at 18:11.

If you haven’t scanned everything yet, make sure you check how they need to be scanned etc.

I already had a lot of my wife's stuff scanned where I made copies on previous visas. If you scan something small drop it in the middle of an A4 image at its actual size. My wife's BRP and Thai ID for example I scanned front and back, put front and back both close together and increased the whole page to A4 at 200-300 dpi with a white background. It is well worth doing it yourself as you can check and recheck that nothing is missed.

VFS and the others use stack scanners that work like a photocopier and pages can get stuck together and miss pages. The scanners at the centres in the UK scan front and back at the same time and that can go wrong.

Member สมาชิก

I initially paid for standard but we decided to upgrade at Trendy building, it was about B25,000 and they try to process your application in 30 working days. If you have paid online they wont expect anymore when you go to Trendy

Member สมาชิก

Some good news at last, and at the second attempt, my wife was finally granted her VISA!

Here is the timeline for our priority application;

5th June - Application and biometrics submitted in Bangkok
    5th June - Documents sent from UK to Sheffield
    6th June - Documents received and signed for
    13th June -E-mail received confirming preparation
    11th July - E-mail received requesting additional document
    (Proof of payment for my wife's medical treatment in UK during her visit on tourist VISA in 2017)
    11th July - Document e-mailed to UKVI
    16th July - E-mail received that the application is back in Bangkok
    18th July - Passport/VISA received at my wife's home address
    Total - 6 weeks from application to receipt of VISA

I think I mentioned in a previous post that I had a problem with the self-upload of docs and when i printed out the document checklist, some of the docs were not shown on the list - The VFS system had a bug (not sure if they have fixed it yet) and the system wouldn't let me 'view' the docs I'd uploaded which didn't give me confidence to rely on the self-upload.
    As a precautionary measure, not only did I get a friend to do the scanning in Manchester but i also sent the physical copies of all docs to Sheffield which were received (6th June), so I believe you can still do this?

- Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread and gave me advice along the way

Congratuations! Seems that you used the "belt and braces" approach to make sure they got everything.