Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Member สมาชิก

Default Non Immigrant O - A Visa

Hi

My friend will be visiting Thailand for an extended stay in November and will be using a 12 month Multi Entry Visa which expires on 8th January 2020.

If he should want to extend his stay beyond this date, given the new Visa Rules, will he able to obtain an extension?

Can someone please advise.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Steviewander View Post
    My friend will be visiting Thailand for an extended stay in November and will be using a 12 month Multi Entry Visa which expires on 8th January 2020.
    I think you will find that the January date is the time by which he must enter Thailand to make use of the visa. He then has 12 months from the date of entry. As for an extension after 12 months, I would wait to see down the road what, if any, changes take place on visa rules.
    I'm ONE of the 52%

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Essex boys's Avatar

If it's a non immigrant OA visa, you can get two years out of it by leaving Thailand and re entering just before the expiry date, you will then be stamped in for another year.

Forum Antiquity ของโบราณ bifftastic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Essex boys View Post
    If it's a non immigrant OA visa, you can get two years out of it by leaving Thailand and re entering just before the expiry date, you will then be stamped in for another year.
    During the first year (the year the visa is valid for) you can leave and re-enter Thailand as many times as you like (It's a multi-entry visa). Once you have entered just before the expiry date, you will be stamped in for another year, but the visa itself will no longer be valid so if you want to travel outside the country and keep your permitted to stay stamp (that you got by entering just before the visa expired) you will need to buy a re-entry permit BEFORE you leave the country.

Also note that whilst in the country on a year long permitted to stay stamp, you will need to do 90 day reports at your local immigration office.
    "You're so unapproachable!"
    "And yet, here you are."

Member สมาชิก

Hi

Thank you for your responses.

Sorry can I clarify that the Visa is a Non-Imm O Multiple Visa valid until 8 Jan 2020.

Accordingly, I understand providing my friend enters before the 8 Jan 2020 he will be entitled to stay for 90 days?

Thereafter he may also be able to obtain if required an additional 30 day extension?

Thanks

Forum Antiquity ของโบราณ bifftastic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steviewander View Post
    Hi

Thank you for your responses.

Sorry can I clarify that the Visa is a Non-Imm O Multiple Visa valid until 8 Jan 2020.

Accordingly, I understand providing my friend enters before the 8 Jan 2020 he will be entitled to stay for 90 days?

Thereafter he may also be able to obtain if required an additional 30 day extension?

Thanks
    A Non-Imm O multiple entry will get him stamped in to Thailand for 90 days. He can extend that, by 30 days if he wants to, or he can leave by any border, come straight back again and get another 90 days. He can keep doing that until the visa expires on the 8th Jan 2020 (if he does that on or just before the 8th Jan 2020 he will get his last 90 day stamp.
    He can extend one of those stays (some Immigration offices allow any of the stays to be extended, some only allow one per visa) by 30 days at an immigration office. He can, if he meets the financial requirements, also get a one year extension of stay from that visa.
    "You're so unapproachable!"
    "And yet, here you are."

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Quote Originally Posted by bifftastic View Post
    A Non-Imm O multiple entry will get him stamped in to Thailand for 90 days. He can extend that, by 30 days if he wants to, or he can leave by any border, come straight back again and get another 90 days. He can keep doing that until the visa expires on the 8th Jan 2020 (if he does that on or just before the 8th Jan 2020 he will get his last 90 day stamp.
    He can extend one of those stays (some Immigration offices allow any of the stays to be extended, some only allow one per visa) by 30 days at an immigration office. He can, if he meets the financial requirements, also get a one year extension of stay from that visa.
    the entry stamp given against a non immigrant 'O' visas can not be extended for 30 days, the only extensions allowed are a 60 day visit Thai wife extension or a 12 month 'retired' or married to Thai national extension, all extensions are 1,900 baht and obtained at local immigration office.

op what non immigrant 'O' visa does he have, either an 'O''A' ( 12 months on entry) or just an 'O' (90 days on entry) either way an entry just before expiry of the actual visa, will give the applicable permission to stay stamp.