Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Rookie มือใหม่

Default Police Clearance Check

Hello everyone,
    I used to live in Thailand, first as a tourist and then as a student. From the period 2010 to 2015.

I have been working at a College in the UK since 2016 and i have just been asked to get a Thai Police Clearance check done (so this is 2 and a half years later), because when I initially joined the College the HR team forgot to ask for it.

Can anyone please help me understand what I need to do to get this done? I have looked on the following sites but I am very confused.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...IDANCE_Q-Z.pdf

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en...rtificate.html

I hope you all understand that because I have been living in the UK since 2015 that this is quite difficult to get my head around.

Any and all help is very appreciated.

Joshua

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Quote Originally Posted by JJtheBlue View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I used to live in Thailand, first as a tourist and then as a student. From the period 2010 to 2015.

I have been working at a College in the UK since 2016 and i have just been asked to get a Thai Police Clearance check done (so this is 2 and a half years later), because when I initially joined the College the HR team forgot to ask for it.

Can anyone please help me understand what I need to do to get this done? I have looked on the following sites but I am very confused.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...IDANCE_Q-Z.pdf

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en...rtificate.html

I hope you all understand that because I have been living in the UK since 2015 that this is quite difficult to get my head around.

Any and all help is very appreciated.

Joshua
    I can give you details of a lady my wife used to arrange the security check in Thailand. You forward them your details and 5000 thb later you have police check.
    Turn around was 1.5 weeks.

Rookie มือใหม่

Yes please!

Rookie มือใหม่

Hello

I am in a similar sort of situation, I live in the UK and travel back and forth to Thailand as my wife is Thai and living over there. For a new job here in the UK I need to get an SC clearance and the fact that I have travelled a lot (7 times in the last 5 years,the longest period being 31 days) has been flagged up, and now i need to try and get a Thai Police Clearance certificate to allow the SC application to proceed.

I have emailed the Police Clearance Service Centre
    E-mail: psc@police.go.th
    Website: http://www.pcscenter.sb.police.go.th (Thai and English)

Stilll awaiting a reply from them, so I was interested in the details of this lady to see if she can help.

Colin

Member สมาชิก

Quote Originally Posted by colinh View Post
    Hello

I am in a similar sort of situation, I live in the UK and travel back and forth to Thailand as my wife is Thai and living over there.
    Colin
    Sorry to the original poster for changing the subject, but what Visa do you use for that ? I'm in the same position, for the next 12 months at least before I move over permanently.

Old Hand มือเก่า

5000 baht is a lot seeing as its a token amount for a Thai but then again i wanted to get the wife a clearance check here in the UK one of the problems i came across was the fingerprints as the Thai police use the old system or did INK so the wife had to get hers done like that and sent to Thailand and guess what in the UK there is not many places left that do them this way i think only 2 police stations in the north west can do them and this was about 3 years ago at a cost of £200 .so the £5000 baht does not seem expensive now .
    I can not advise/stress for any wife's coming to the uk to get this i am sure its only a token payment in Thailand because for a lot of jobs in the UK you will need this .My wife wanted to apply for a cleaning job at the airport this is why i did a bit of research lucky she got offered another job so didnt need .
    some info i found
    Police Clearance Certificates

Police Clearance Certificate for Non-Thai Citizen

For non-Thai passport holders please contact the Royal Thai Police in Thailand at the address and telephone number below to receive information to process your application. The Embassy cannot lodge in the application on the applicant's behalf.

• A photocopy of valid passport
    • A photocopy of Thai Visa
    • Document(s) stating that the applicant is used to work or reside in Thailand
    • A photocopy of present Visa in case you are foreigner (student visa, visa work ,Resident visa and others) or Letter Request for Record check from Embassy
    • A photocopy of Thai working permit (if available)
    • A power of attorney (If authorized someone to submit on your behalf)
    • Letter explain the purpose of request and which country to use (only one country ) or write in the application form
    • Two passport photos
    • Two sets of original fingerprint issued by the RCMP or local police together with the official seal and signature of the official taking the fingerprint
    • A self addressed envelope enclosed with the postage fee (equivalent to seven international postage vouchers which can be purchased at your local post office).
    • The service is free of charge, an applicant is needed to provide a self return envelope to send back to the applicant