Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  15
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 26 of 26
  1. #21
    Forum Dinosaur ไดโนเสาร์ Flip's Avatar
    Join Date
    14 Apr 2003
    Location
    Pateley Bridge, North Yorkshire/ Khao Yai, Korat
    Posts
    6,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dippychippy View Post
    Flight comparison sight log your ispn and when you go back within a certain time frame alot will still have the dates you last entered and guess what .... the price will have gone up because theyre pretty sure your back to book.
    I'm not sure that's what they log but I am aware of that problem - usually clearing your cache sorts it.

  2. #22
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ
    Join Date
    3 Oct 2009
    Location
    Hertfordshire/Thakanto Kalasin
    Posts
    487

    Default

    Your right the computer remembers. I always delete my histories with CC Cleaner before I go any further
    Melnathan

  3. #23
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    24 Apr 2013
    Location
    Chesterfield/ Ban Phue
    Posts
    288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -Keith- View Post
    That's because you travel Alan Bennett Class
    If BA served Fish Chips and Mushy peas rather than the slop i get in Economy with them i would be rather pleased. Alan Bennett class could be the future.......and i'm from Derbyshire ;-)

  4. #24
    Old Hand มือเก่า
    Join Date
    29 Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,059

    Default

    If flying direct to Thailand can you manage 15 hours without a cig/beer no sleep or crap sleep,
    still get Bangkok feeling crap .
    Have a stop over fore a couple of hours
    still getting Bangkok felling like crap .
    Stop over + 2 hours
    still getting Bangkok feeling crap .
    Going away on holiday or travel used to be enjoyable but not anymore queue here take your belt off drop your pants empty your bag its one of the most intrusive life experiencies you can have .
    There is nothing thing worst then a bloke with five kids and wife that has not took his shoes off belt off and watch ..left his mobile in is pocket while trying to control five kids nightmare or just want to punch him .
    The whole experience is now terrible ,ba.ba.ba. ba. ba. ba
    sheep noise

    - - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingy View Post
    If BA served Fish Chips and Mushy peas rather than the slop i get in Economy with them i would be rather pleased. Alan Bennett class could be the future.......and i'm from Derbyshire ;-)
    BA, Qantas worst i have ever flown .

  5. #25
    Forum Dinosaur ไดโนเสาร์ Flip's Avatar
    Join Date
    14 Apr 2003
    Location
    Pateley Bridge, North Yorkshire/ Khao Yai, Korat
    Posts
    6,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samsung View Post
    If flying direct to Thailand can you manage 15 hours without a cig/beer no sleep or crap sleep,
    still get Bangkok feeling crap .
    Have a stop over fore a couple of hours
    still getting Bangkok felling like crap .
    Stop over + 2 hours
    still getting Bangkok feeling crap .
    Going away on holiday or travel used to be enjoyable but not anymore queue here take your belt off drop your pants empty your bag its one of the most intrusive life experiencies you can have .
    There is nothing thing worst then a bloke with five kids and wife that has not took his shoes off belt off and watch ..left his mobile in is pocket while trying to control five kids nightmare or just want to punch him .
    The whole experience is now terrible ,ba.ba.ba. ba. ba. ba
    sheep noise
    Well I'll tell you how I do it Samsung - might not work for everyone but it works for me and 15 hours without a cig is a no no.

    Firstly I always take the evening flight out of Manchester - by the time I've had dinner and several glasses of wine I'm ready for a sleep. I usually sleep most of the way to Abu Dhabi where I spend 2 or 3 hours in the lounge and top up my nicotene levels.

    The next flight - Abu Dhabi-Bangkok arrives in Bangkok in the evening. Although I've slept on both flights, I'll admit its not quality sleep but after a few beers with friends in Bangkok its bedtime pretty soon.

    At the moment, I'm fortunate in that I have Gold membership status with Etihad so I can check in and go though the fast track security lane with the business class passengers - therefore avoiding the queues.

    I also fly midweek which often means that when I'm on a B777 with the usual 3-4-3 seat configuration, there's a whole empty row of 4 to kip on. My tactic for getting those seats is to firstly not board until 75% of the passengers are already onboard. I then head for my seat, place my bags in the overhead locker and head off to look for an empty 4 row. If you ask the stewardesses to let you know about those seats, they will say wait until boarding is complete - no way, someone more 'streetwise' will have them by then. No, I just go sit there and risk being moved. I also sit one seat in so as to discourage others from sitting at the opposite end . Works for me regularly but it appears to be ending - B787's are slowly coming into use on those routes and they don't have rows of 4 seats.

    Yes, the security checks are getting to be a pain but I still enjoy the flight.

    The worst part for me (when it happens) is when a group of Indians, normally about 8 of them try to use the business class check in when they are standard economy passengers. Then then firstly argue with the staff about it and secondly argue with the staff again when their 48 string wrapped cardboard boxes and 16 suitcases are deemed as being over the allowance!

  6. #26
    Old Hand มือเก่า
    Join Date
    29 Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    Well I'll tell you how I do it Samsung - might not work for everyone but it works for me and 15 hours without a cig is a no no.

    Firstly I always take the evening flight out of Manchester - by the time I've had dinner and several glasses of wine I'm ready for a sleep. I usually sleep most of the way to Abu Dhabi where I spend 2 or 3 hours in the lounge and top up my nicotene levels.

    The next flight - Abu Dhabi-Bangkok arrives in Bangkok in the evening. Although I've slept on both flights, I'll admit its not quality sleep but after a few beers with friends in Bangkok its bedtime pretty soon.

    At the moment, I'm fortunate in that I have Gold membership status with Etihad so I can check in and go though the fast track security lane with the business class passengers - therefore avoiding the queues.

    I also fly midweek which often means that when I'm on a B777 with the usual 3-4-3 seat configuration, there's a whole empty row of 4 to kip on. My tactic for getting those seats is to firstly not board until 75% of the passengers are already onboard. I then head for my seat, place my bags in the overhead locker and head off to look for an empty 4 row. If you ask the stewardesses to let you know about those seats, they will say wait until boarding is complete - no way, someone more 'streetwise' will have them by then. No, I just go sit there and risk being moved. I also sit one seat in so as to discourage others from sitting at the opposite end . Works for me regularly but it appears to be ending - B787's are slowly coming into use on those routes and they don't have rows of 4 seats.

    Yes, the security checks are getting to be a pain but I still enjoy the flight.

    The worst part for me (when it happens) is when a group of Indians, normally about 8 of them try to use the business class check in when they are standard economy passengers. Then then firstly argue with the staff about it and secondly argue with the staff again when their 48 string wrapped cardboard boxes and 16 suitcases are deemed as being over the allowance!
    i try to get the early inbound flight to bangkok but much the same as you with regards to flights themselves .

    - - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

    ps
    i still feel like crap after a few hours ,

Similar Threads

  1. Pay As You Go Airlines !!
    By Wolfy in forum Off Topic Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 19th Nov 2011, 01:21
  2. Singapore Airlines
    By Brizza in forum Transport
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26th May 2011, 12:38
  3. Sri Lankan Airlines
    By IanB in forum Transport
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 19th Mar 2011, 16:40
  4. Will I Survive Jet Airlines?
    By IanB in forum Transport
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10th Jan 2010, 13:56

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •