Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Essex boys View Post
    To Ash, like I said some do, I don't care if most dont, but at least some do.
    I now understand and remember why I limit my contact with other westerners in Thailand and elsewhere many have huge chips on shoulders.

Land rover owners in the main even stop for a chat been stopped many times in Switzerland Germany and France. Boat owners always wave.

Fact is I don't get uptight when folks choose not to and cannot think of any reason why I should.

ON the other thread you had a poke at another member offering sound advice take a chill pill
    Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Essex boys's Avatar

Don't get bitter just because you don't like my response. Who cares about land rovers and boats??? Not me.
    on the other thread the bloke was trying to get smart with me and was having a poke at me, so he got some back, probably someone you know, you both seem to have nothing better to do than be negative or make caustic remarks..'chill pill' the 1980's have just phoned can they have their catchphrase back....

Don't know him at all and so far have seen nothing positive from your side , What you care about does not matter in any way shape or form to me. For sure there is one additional Biker who will not wave at you.
    Now I remember why I left Romford

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ toddmeister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This went downhill fast. This is why we farang should not talk or acknowledge each other

This went downhill fast. This is why we farang should not talk or acknowledge each other
    Unless we are sitting in a bar after a dozen or so beers and a bottle of Sangsom

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Essex boys's Avatar

And Romford breathed a sigh of relief.....

Old Hand มือเก่า

And moved to bridling-ton a fishing village ,which has been raped of its fish by our involvement in the eu ,oh i have been fishing there .what a beautiful town destroyed by the Eu .
    Disgrace if you ask me .
    But then again the pharma buisness in swiss is doing ok who they robbing Nhs payers

Quote Originally Posted by Samsung View Post
    And moved to bridling-ton a fishing village ,which has been raped of its fish by our involvement in the eu ,oh i have been fishing there .what a beautiful town destroyed by the Eu .
    Disgrace if you ask me .
    But then again the pharma buisness in swiss is doing ok who they robbing Nhs payers
    You really need to find your brain before posting such utter garbage Bridlington has no more been destroyed by the EU than Paris. Sure the fishing industry has long since shrunk apart from shellfish but the town has been fully modernised and there are plenty of fish in the bay , I fish from my boat and there are Cod Haddock Mackerel Dabs Plaice a plenty, plus whales and many sharks.

Without the pharma business there would be fewer NHS payers and many more deaths.

Bridlington does not have a hyphen by the way.

The only truth in the rant is yes its a beautiful town which I have been visiting for almost 60 years and its way nicer than when I first visited just not as magical as when I was a toddler.

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์

Hi all, just a conversation starter really.
    on my trips to Thailand I go to shopping malls or Tesco lotus etc, occasionally I will see other 'westerners' I don't know whether they are English or German or American or swedes, but I always say 'hi' or 'hello' or maybe just a nod of the head to acknowledge them, but I never get a response! Some of them just look right through you....anybody else find that? Or is it just me? And why do you think it happens,
    They're busy looking for attractive people?

Especially they're single, even if they're not, what are most blokes in Thailand going to pay most attention to? A pretty girl or a middle aged man in a West Ham shirt? You're just background. They don't even see you.

Quote Originally Posted by ash View Post
    Unless we are sitting in a bar after a dozen or so beers and a bottle of Sangsom
    Mekhong please!! I thought you had taste Ash

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

On one of my first trips to Thailand with my wife (we didn't meet in Thailand) she decided that she wanted to go and visit a psyhic. I drove, and when we got out there was a miserable old farang sat outside, obviously waiting for his wife. My wife told me that I can wait outside and talk to him. I had a laugh to myself as there was a fair chance he wasnt even English and told her I would rather go inside with her. The psychic actually spoke fairly decent English, but even so, I should have stayed outside! What a load of old rubbish!

I sometimes think of that story when I'm in Thailand and how she (and others) would assume I'd be interested in talking to a stranger purely because we have the same skin colour. No thanks. Unless I've had a few Singhas maybe!

Old Hand มือเก่า

You really need to find your brain before posting such utter garbage Bridlington has no more been destroyed by the EU than Paris. Sure the fishing industry has long since shrunk apart from shellfish but the town has been fully modernised and there are plenty of fish in the bay , I fish from my boat and there are Cod Haddock Mackerel Dabs Plaice a plenty, plus whales and many sharks.
    Not when i went fishing there and the captain of the boat had total different views to you .

Without the pharma business there would be fewer NHS payers and many more deaths.
    you mean not as many people being ripped off ,£8.90 for a scrip when half the time you can buy over the counter cheaper happened to me twice in the last six months .
    Too many people living death is part off life .

Bridlington does not have a hyphen by the way.WELL.........

The only truth in the rant is yes its a beautiful town which I have been visiting for almost 60 years and its way nicer than when I first visited just not as magical as when I was a toddler.
    .........................................Sure the fishing industry has long since shrunk
    WHY fish and chips became unpopular NO overfished
    or should i go and buy beechams headache tablets for £5.00 when i can buy asda smart price for 37p

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

I now understand and remember why I limit my contact with other westerners in Thailand and elsewhere many have huge chips on shoulders.

Land rover owners in the main even stop for a chat been stopped many times in Switzerland Germany and France. Boat owners always wave.

Fact is I don't get uptight when folks choose not to and cannot think of any reason why I should.

ON the other thread you had a poke at another member offering sound advice take a chill pill
    reminds me off a song by MJ the man in the mirror maybe you need to look at that man in the mirror.
    In fact you are obnoxious and i wont waste my time any more with you .
    Last edited by Samsung; 30th Nov 2018 at 01:11.

I think you'll find Ash is correct Samsung. As far as I'm aware, Bridlington's relatively small fishing fleet was decimated when quotas were introduced because of over fishing. That over fishing had taken place for many years - long before the EU came into being. I believe the situation is vastly improved now - thanks to EU rules that stopped the overfishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    I believe the situation is vastly improved now

Sounds like it:
    https://www.infowars.com/fisherman-t...ishing-quotas/
    The clock on the wall reads a quarter past midnight

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Sammy Shrimper's Avatar

Hi all, just a conversation starter really.
    on my trips to Thailand I go to shopping malls or Tesco lotus etc, occasionally I will see other 'westerners' I don't know whether they are English or German or American or swedes, but I always say 'hi' or 'hello' or maybe just a nod of the head to acknowledge them, but I never get a response! Some of them just look right through you....anybody else find that? Or is it just me?
    It must be you. I've never encountered that.
    Get busy living or get busy dying

WHY fish and chips became unpopular NO overfished
    or should i go and buy beechams headache tablets for £5.00 when i can buy asda smart price for 37p
    Fish and chips is not unpopular

Beechams headache tablets thought you were discussing Pharma

As for being obnoxious use your own advice , look in a mirror at least I don't post such utterly stupid crapola

Old Hand มือเก่า

THE fish aint biting because there is none

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

says a man with a avatar of a spitfire then wants to hand our country over to the Germans ,or is that a spit that a jerry has just shot down ?

I voted leave and the avatar is because my great uncle flew spits and died in 1940 , you are incredibly rude

Along with his brother who flew Lancasters who died over Cologne
    Last edited by Tobias; 1st Dec 2018 at 13:04. Reason: Insulting content removed

Tobias, could you kindly have a look at how Ash's post reads now you've edited it? I'm pretty sure he didn't mean his great Uncle's brother was rude.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Bridlington does not have a hyphen by the way.

I enjoy Samsung's posts purely because they never make any sense to me and it often seems like he's posting in reply to another thread. Shrinking Cadbury's cream eggs and Terries Chocolate oranges, it's a disgrace and a conspiracy only not being picked up and they only reduce the sizes with each generation that doesn't remember the previous incarnation. I blame Nigel Firage and the guy who plays Jack Naylor in Holby.