Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Old Hand มือเก่า

Default E-Smoking ban in Thailand

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/deta...ional/30359264

I came across this headline today. I honestly can't see Thailand officially lifting the ban but it would be very interesting to see how the big cities would embrace vape shops and cafes.

I quit the ciggies in July and thought it would be impossible but I've found the switch to vaping so straight forward. One of the best moves I've ever made.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

I switched to vapes about 6 months ago and finally gave up tobacco.
    I dont know if I could stop vaping right now it gives me an excuse to get away from looking at the PC screen at work.
    Not sure what I will do on the next trip to Thailand in 5 months.

Old Hand มือเก่า

I think you'll be fine. Put it in your suitcase and use it wisely. I can't imagine even the most corrupt of police imitators hooking people for using one.

I'm going back in February and will be armed with my Spryte and liquids also.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Sammy Shrimper's Avatar

I thought I read on another thread somewhere a member getting caught and heavily fined in Pattaya recently?
    Get busy living or get busy dying

Quote Originally Posted by Barnet View Post
    Put it in your suitcase and use it wisely.
    Beware! You can't put a complete e-cigarette unit in your check-in baggage. The lithium battery is very likely to be detected by airport security and you'll be forced to open your suitcase and remove it.

To comply with airline regulations you'll need to separate the battery from the mouthpiece/cartridge/element section. Place the vaping element and any liquid/element accessories in your check-in suitcase and place the battery unit in your hand luggage.

I've seen plenty of Thais vaping over here and no end of farangs. Just do it with care and not too publicly.
    Paul พอล
    กำขี้ดีกว่ากำตด

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์

Quote Originally Posted by Barnet View Post
    http://www.nationmultimedia.com/deta...ional/30359264

I came across this headline today. I honestly can't see Thailand officially lifting the ban.
    Cynically I suspect this would depend entirely on how cheap it is for the rich vested interests to produce vaping gear versus cigarettes and how much they could make from the respective formats. Nothing to do with public safety, just vested interests.

Mind you, after 2 years of Brexit shenanigans, I'm not sure we're that different from Thailand in this respect. Vested establishment interests running the show in cahoots with big business at the expense of consumers.

Old Hand มือเก่า

Quote Originally Posted by maokaang View Post
    Beware! You can't put a complete e-cigarette unit in your check-in baggage. The lithium battery is very likely to be detected by airport security and you'll be forced to open your suitcase and remove it.

To comply with airline regulations you'll need to separate the battery from the mouthpiece/cartridge/element section. Place the vaping element and any liquid/element accessories in your check-in suitcase and place the battery unit in your hand luggage.

I've seen plenty of Thais vaping over here and no end of farangs. Just do it with care and not too publicly.

I honestly wouldn't take the risk in putting it in the hand luggage when faced with dealing with that mob. I meant, just wrap it up out the way.

https://www.iata.org/whatwedo/safety...Cigarettes.pdf

Where the electronic cigarettes are powered by lithium batteries, the requirements of the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR), paragraphs 2.3.5.9 and 2.3.5.17 must be met.

These require that electronic cigarettes including e-cigars and vaporizers when carried by passengers or crew must be in carry-on baggage only. They must be protected from inadvertent activation and must not be charged on board the aircraft.

Spare batteries must be protected either in their original packaging or by otherwise insulating the terminals
    and be in carry-on baggage only.

Spare liquid cartridges can be carried in accordance with security regulations.
    Paul พอล
    กำขี้ดีกว่ากำตด

It's those with the huge tanks that spew huge clouds of vapour that are likely to face problems.

My ecig is are the same size and look the same as a normal cigarette. Unless somebody is pretty close to me they wouldn’t; even realise that I was puffing on an ecig. Apart from the total lack of stink, of course.