Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  17
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

te2008 - Bang Bua Thong, I would prefer Hua Hin but the wife has no family in that region. Not sure about making the right choice but going to give it ago. Worse comes to the worse we come back, but the UK holds little for me now so we will see.

Old Hand มือเก่า

hey be positive make what life brings deal with the problems and move on thats what we did when we was 18 you will be fine NO REGRETS .Make it yours sure you will be fine just them damn mosi to cope with

Old Hand มือเก่า

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    te2008 - Bang Bua Thong, I would prefer Hua Hin but the wife has no family in that region. Not sure about making the right choice but going to give it ago. Worse comes to the worse we come back, but the UK holds little for me now so we will see.
    Hau Hin is a much better to place, been there many times.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

te2008 - Bang Bua Thong, I would prefer Hua Hin but the wife has no family in that region.
    It's an interesting comment. Where I live there are many Thai families, there are quite a few western families, but the 3rd group is western / Thai families. A good friends wife comes from Bkk, she has no family here, neither does my other half or most of the ladies married to farangs, with many being from issan. But they all seem to pull together and get on and cope just fine.

Assuming you are meaning Nonthaburi, then that isn't so far at all and the right side of Bkk to get to Hua Hin.

But if it doesn't work out where you are planning to live, would you not consider another area of Thailand first before considering returning to the UK?
    'Tis me

"But if it doesn't work out where you are planning to live, would you not consider another area of Thailand first before considering returning to the UK? "

Fair point and yes we would consider other parts around Bangkok. I was really referring to the whole experience of living in Thailand. But the last few visits I have not wanted to come back so I think everything will be fine. Once we get over to Thailand a few trips to Hua Hin will be in order to convince the wife, plenty of yum yum very fresh seafood will change her mind.

Member สมาชิก

I shipped 6 boxes of power tools marked as Bedroom 1 lol my bicycles I gave 1 each to my kids (3) to bring for wedding. They are taxed at 30% of original cost !! All in wife's name, I only got taxed for a poxy 2 man tent, 3000 baht which was more than it cost lol

O visa applied for by post sent by special delivery 16/1/19, passport received back 19/1/19. That is efficient !

Fair point and yes we would consider other parts around Bangkok.
    Given the colour of the sky around Bangkok at the moment (yellow) - you might want to reconsider that.

Yes, it's not good and unless the Thai's get serious about the problem, it's not going anyway anytime soon.

I'm in Bkk right now, I arrived Friday. Driving along route 35, the smog kicked in around Samut Sakhon, but then amazingly cleared just before Bkk and was okay really. I posted this elsewhere earlier, but if okay, will repeat it here:

Yesterday, with my other half and friends, we went to Koh Kred island in Nonthaburi and the smog concerned me - best viewed from a tollway - it just seemed all encompassing as we drove across Bkk and when we finally, through dense traffic, got to the island, passing many sites alleged not to be working, but where burning seemed to be taking place instead, the air wasn't good and I scoffed when my other half asked if I wanted my sunglasses.

But then a miracle happened, almost as if by pressing a switch, the sky's cleared, the sun shone boldly through and everything seemed fresh and clean - and so it remained. But heading back into the centre of Bkk later, it was still there, less visible, less dense and much less unpleasant, but still there. And that's how it is now, the sun is shining through, the sky isn't quite the shade of blue you would expect and I can see a few white fluffy clouds. Not completely clear but so far, much, much better than yesterday.
    'Tis me

It was clearing when I left on Friday - I think the brisk breeze was responsible. I couldn't see the sky for smog on Thursday.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

O visa applied for by post sent by special delivery 16/1/19, passport received back 19/1/19. That is efficient !
    Ivan ,glad to see you got visa sorted and are taking the plunge, i have had the same dream for years and am 90% certain im going to do it, i am hoping to take early retirement later this year ,house built in uthai thani. my only reservations are the negative posts/discussions on visa applications and changes in Thai attitudes. it really is messing with my head as i have a good job comfy life in uk etc. once i retire theres no going back ,56 year old ,not many jobs with current salary ,t&c's .anyway one question ,where did you apply for non o - London embassy and what supporting docs did you supply ,ie bank accounts etc. good luck to you and yours.

I applied to the Embassy in London by post. I sent one completed form, two photos, 3 months bank statements , as my printer is on the boat to Thailand I went to the bank and they printed them out and stamped them, copy of marriage certificate including marriage application form just to be sure, £60 postal order (costs £67.50), self addressed envelope, copy of wife's passport and copy of her ID card. All straight forward and I still can not believe the turnaround of three days of which two were in the mail !

Member สมาชิก

Join thai visa facebook page you will get great free advice there. I got my Non O visa based on marriage in Savannakhet Laos no proof of funds needed very easy took 15 mins to queue then collect next day.