Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Member สมาชิก

Question FLR - Correspondence Question

Hi,

I am slightly confused.

For the FLR visa I thought you had to have 6 jointly-named letters (more if they are individually named) to cover the length of the visa, which would be 2.5 years (which I have).

However, when I have read the Appendix 2 form, it states you only need to cover a maximum of 2 years. Can that be any 2 year period during the 2.5 year visa or the first 2 years?

Also, as they need to be evenly spaced throughout the time period, would it be a problem if they were a month either side of the ideal month?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Steve

Old Hand มือเก่า

post everything you have if its 2 and half years then post it better to be safe then sorry ,Might cost you a few extra in postage mine was around the £29 mark .

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ toddmeister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Don't overthink it too much. So long as the letters show evidence of cohabiting over the period since arrival then that's what they are looking for

Hi SteveHarris

My wife successfully applied for FLR(M) last December (2017). We submitted correspondence covering the two years up to the date of my wife's FLR(M) application, i.e. from January 2016 through to December 2017.

I used the following grid to show a spread of correspondence, some in joint names and some in sole names:

correspondence grid.jpg

I'm using a similar grid to help collate the correspondence evidence which will be needed for my wife's ILR application in 2020.

Hope this helps.
    "I can calculate the movement of the stars, but not the madness of men" Sir Isaac Newton

Old Hand มือเก่า

And if your employed throw in your last p60 s as well ,
    Why they do not ask for theses is strange
    but they will use them .

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tom & Nok View Post
    Hi SteveHarris

My wife successfully applied for FLR(M) last December (2017). We submitted correspondence covering the two years up to the date of my wife's FLR(M) application, i.e. from January 2016 through to December 2018.

I used the following grid to show a spread of correspondence, some in joint names and some in sole names:

correspondence grid.jpg

I'm using a similar grid to help collate the correspondence evidence which will be needed for my wife's ILR application in 2020.

Hope this helps.
    Looks good tom ,my misses is not far off yours ,with moving its been a bit of a nightmare i can see a lot of sorting out to be done .I would say spend a hour every month doing this (something i have not and can see me spending a lot of time printing docs when i need them )
    Pain in the xxx all this online banking and online accounts .

Member สมาชิก

Thank you for all your help.

I am hoping to get the forms sent off in the next couple of weeks (initial visa runs out on 15th Jan 19) so the usual last minute nerves to make sure everything is done correctly.

The grid is a great idea! Definitely using that! Thanks : )

Member สมาชิก

Do you have to complete appendix 2 form for FLR as on the online application it ask all about finance etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Appendix 2 (meeting the financial requirement) was only needed for the initial UK entry clearance application for a spouse/partner UK settlement visa.

Appendix 2 is not needed for an FLR(M) application. Everything to do with respect to income, financials and so on is covered in the rather long and very detailed online FLR(M) application form.
    "I can calculate the movement of the stars, but not the madness of men" Sir Isaac Newton

Member สมาชิก

Sorry, that was my mistake! When I wrote the first post I had our initial visa application out at the same time as the new application I am putting together and looked at the wrong form.

It is just the 76 page form that needs filling out!

Old Hand มือเก่า

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHarris View Post
    Sorry, that was my mistake! When I wrote the first post I had our initial visa application out at the same time as the new application I am putting together and looked at the wrong form.

It is just the 76 page form that needs filling out!
    plus the extra 10 pages of notes got some strange looks when i filled the photocopier up at work .
    whys he using that never does that something is not right ,lol
    Last edited by Samsung; 1st Dec 2018 at 09:59.

Member สมาชิก

Just been to post office to do wife and step sons fingerprints etc for FLR big problem put mrs instead of mr on one of my step sons. What do I do now as the post office wouldn’t accept one of my step sons hope I don’t have to do the complete application again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk