Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by pfd1981 View Post
    Hi all
    Does anyone know how to obtain a copy of a Thai marriage certificate. Currently going through the process of applying for ILR and one of the questions is asking for the date of my wifes previous Marriage. This has not been required on any previous applications. We have the divorce paperwork but no marriage certificate. She is unable to remember the exact date. It doesn't appear to ask for a copy of the certificate, just the date,so I'm wondering how accurate we need to be . No response from the Thai Embassy so thought I'd throw it out there to see if any of you guys knew.
    Any help or a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
    The office where the marriage was registered would have it recorded with the date etc, may be worth giving them a call or ask her Ex (if possible).
    bangkok mags

Member สมาชิก

just an update. my wife passed her lifee in the UK. Woop woop. now im just collecting all our history and putting it in order. should be sorted by the weekend then ill look at the next step.

Congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by pfd1981 View Post
    one of the questions is asking for the date of my wifes previous Marriage. This has not been required on any previous applications. We have the divorce paperwork but no marriage certificate. She is unable to remember the exact date.
    I would take a guess and note it as 'approx'. I really can't see not having the exact date leading to a visa refusal.

Member สมาชิก

Hi guys,

I know have everything collected and in order. my wife's visa runs out in August 2020. when would be the best time recommended to apply.

I'm a little worried about my wife B1 certificate ( we used in previous visa) is that still valid?

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ toddmeister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm a little worried about my wife B1 certificate ( we used in previous visa) is that still valid?
    We've just applied for ILR. So long the test has been used in a previous application and the test provider is still on the current list then its fine to use as detailed in the Home Office Knowledge of Language guidance. This can be found on page 11 of the following link.....

https://assets.publishing.service.go...L-v21.0ext.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by elcascade View Post
    Hi guys,

my wife's visa runs out in August 2020. when would be the best time recommended to apply.
    If this is for ILR, then you can apply 5 years less 28 days, from the date she arrived in the UK. The initial stamp should be in her passport.

Member สมาชิก

It says we would get an answer within 6 months. Would that not mean her Visa would then be out of date

Hi Elcascade

As long as your wife's ILR application is submitted to UKVI before the expiry date of her current FLR(M), she retains her legal status and right to work in the UK while UKVI processes her ILR application.

Member สมาชิก

Hi Tom.

What happens if it fails?

When would you recommend applying?

Also do you know if her B1 is still allowed to be used

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by elcascade View Post
    When would you recommend applying?

Also do you know if her B1 is still allowed to be used
    Hi elcascade both questions have been answered above but so long as your wife's B1 is still from a provider on the current list then it's fine. Of course this could well change before your wife's visa expires next year

What if it fails?

I guess it would depend on the reasoning behind it. I may be totally wrong on this and happy to be corrected but I'm sure I've read about ILR refusals where they issue another FLR instead to give you time to rectify the issues

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Quote Originally Posted by toddmeister View Post

What if it fails?

I guess it would depend on the reasoning behind it. I may be totally wrong on this and happy to be corrected but I'm sure I've read about ILR refusals where they issue another FLR instead to give you time to rectify the issues
    If an applicant fails to meet all of the spouse visa ILR requirements due to either suitability under paragraph S-ILR.1.5. or S-ILR.1.6. applies or inability to demonstrate sufficient knowledge of the English language and life in the UK requirement in accordance with Appendix KoLL under paragraph D-ILRP.1.2. then the spouse, a civil, unmarried, same-sex partner is only granted a further limited leave to remain as a partner for a period not exceeding 30 months. Moreover, the limited leave to remain is subject to a condition of no recourse to public funds. And also the applicant needs to pay the Immigration Health Surcharge under the Immigration (Health Charge) Order 2014.

Blog Entries

Thanks Greg I knew it was something along those lines