Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member สมาชิก

Default 3rd visa questions.

Hi guys,

Im back again with some questions i hope you can all help with. Again i maybe being abit too keen but better safe than sorry.

Our current visa (2nd) does not run out till 2020 but i would like tostart preparing everything (support documents).

So, these are the questions i have,

1. What is the next visa called and can you sent me the links of the application forms needed?

2 How much is this visa?

3. When would you advise doing the English test?

4. Is this tthe final one before my wife gets her dual nationality?

What is needded for the supporting documents?

My wife has told me i am worrying over nothing and i dont need to be thinking about it now but im sure im not tthe only one like this.

As usual any help is appriciated and my wife and I would not be where we are today if this site was not around. Great work and thank you again.

Old Hand มือเก่า

Would this be ILR (M) ?
    If so im sure the cost is around £2389
    If for B1 around a year before the visa is due .im sure they have a expire date .
    Do not forget life in the UK as soon as possible to gain a pass.
    yes this would be the last visa if all conditions are kept i am sure there is things like she has to spend so many days in the UK and so so
    you will have to apply for dual nationality at a cost .And 12 months after ILR has be gained .
    Same process for your last visa FLM(m) with supporting documents for ILR(m)
    Im getting the madness of xmas over first then i shall start to sort the last 12 months out a bit of a mess ie have to get all documents in order then i will keep on top of it so never to early

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elcascade View Post
    Hi guys,

Im back again with some questions i hope you can all help with. Again i maybe being abit too keen but better safe than sorry.

Our current visa (2nd) does not run out till 2020 but i would like tostart preparing everything (support documents).

So, these are the questions i have,

1. What is the next visa called and can you sent me the links of the application forms needed?

2 How much is this visa?

3. When would you advise doing the English test?

4. Is this tthe final one before my wife gets her dual nationality?

What is needded for the supporting documents?

My wife has told me i am worrying over nothing and i dont need to be thinking about it now but im sure im not tthe only one like this.

As usual any help is appriciated and my wife and I would not be where we are today if this site was not around. Great work and thank you again.
    I second that.
    Last edited by Samsung; 5th Dec 2018 at 10:34.

Gaining ILR on the 5 year partner/spouse route is now achieved through an online application. Here's the link.

You are wise in making preparations for ILR sooner rather than later. I've just been helping a Thai friend of my wife and her UK husband with her ILR application. My wife's Thai friend and her UK husband didn't appreciate the need to collect and keep evidence for the application, so there was a bit of panic on their part.

As Samsung says, you'll need to make sure that your parter/spouse has passed Life in the UK (LITUK) and she holds a B1 SELT. The SELT needs to be on the UKVI approved list at the time she applies for ILR and the B1 pass mustn't be more than 2 years old unless it was used in a previous successful settlement visa application and is still on the UKVI approved list in 2020.

As is the case for an FLR(M) application, for an ILR application you'll need to satisfy the minimum income and the accommodation requirements, so make sure that you have the necessary bank statements, salary slips, employment confirmation details and so on nearer the time.

Do make sure to keep samples of dated official correspondence to you/your wife in joint/sole names spread over the two years up to the ILR application - it's just the same as you had to do for FLR(M).

Your wife doesn't need to wait for 12 months after gaining ILR to apply for UK citizenship. According to the Home Office, the non-EEA spouse of a UK citizen who holds ILR can apply for citizenship as follows:

"You can apply for British citizenship by ‘naturalisation’ if you:

• are 18 or over
    • are married to, or in a civil partnership with, someone who is a British citizen
    • have lived in the UK for at least 3 years before the date of your application

You must also:

Here's the link to the Home Office page relating to citizenship and spouses of UK citizens.

Do bear in mind, however, that things may change between now and 2020.

During the Conservative Party conference back in the autumn, Home Secretary Sajid Javid said that he planned to tighten up the requirements for settlement in the UK, including reviewing the Life in the UK test and the English language requirement. There will be a White Paper on immigration soon which may give further detail on these matters, although it has been delayed until after the Brexit vote. There is also a proposal for an immigration bill next year.

Watch this space!
    "I can calculate the movement of the stars, but not the madness of men" Sir Isaac Newton

Old Hand มือเก่า

I did get the impression that the LITUK could be made easier less questions on our history and more to do with what is needed for today like questions name broadband providers ,train stations in the UK more as what the title says life in the UK ,now
    I could be wrong.
    question tom does it have to be done online or can you still do the old paper work ,?

The application is online only. Paper application forms are no longer used. This change was introduced last month.

As for LITUK, it's a matter of waiting for the Home Office to publish details. All that I can say is that Sajid Javid was not very happy about the pub quiz nature of the existing LITUK. As a teacher currently working with ESOL adults, I would say that it currently has too much "junk knowledge".
    Last edited by Tom & Nok; 5th Dec 2018 at 12:34. Reason: sticky "t"
    "I can calculate the movement of the stars, but not the madness of men" Sir Isaac Newton

Quote Originally Posted by Samsung View Post
    I did get the impression that the LITUK could be made easier less questions on our history and more to do with what is needed for today like questions name broadband providers ,train stations in the UK more as what the title says life in the UK ,now
    I could be wrong.
    question tom does it have to be done online or can you still do the old paper work ,?
    Where did you get the info about Broadband providers, train stations etc?

Old Hand มือเก่า

Quote Originally Posted by rasg View Post
    Where did you get the info about Broadband providers, train stations etc?
    no where rasg tom has cleared it up i was just trying to show an example of questions what life in the uk is like rather than what came first ice age bronze age stone age my misses would probably say ice age thats a cartoon

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tom & Nok View Post
    The application is online only. Paper application forms are no longer used. This change was introduced last month.

As for LITUK, it's a matter of waiting for the Home Office to publish details. All that I can say is that Sajid Javid was not very happy about the pub quiz nature of the existing LITUK. As a teacher currently working with ESOL adults, I would say that it currently has too much "junk knowledge".
    sneaked in that online only

Many Brits would get a very small percent of the answers in the LITUK and many of the questions are nonsensical. I'm interested to know what it will replaced with.

Old Hand มือเก่า

Many Brits would get a very small percent of the answers in the LITUK and many of the questions are nonsensical. I'm interested to know what it will replaced with.
    Me to.
    But i suppose my wife will have to proceed with whats on offer now and i agree everyone i have asked to do a mock test who is a Brit tends to fail but on second attempt would pass with flying colours basically we know a good lump off it and might just have to jog our memory on a few for a Thai i am going get the misses do some after i post her results

There may be clues in the report by the House of Lords Committee on Citizen and Engagement published on 18th April 2018, and the government's Integrated Communities Strategy Green Paper published in March 2018 when the minister in charge was Sajid Javid, the current Home Secretary.

The House of Lords report, rightly in my opinion, damned LITUK for its "errors", "inconsistencies", and "random trivia".

The House of Lords report noted that the LITUK handbook makes no mention of the UK Supreme Court although it does mention the lower courts. The Lords commented that there are important omissions, such as knowledge about the NHS, educational qualifications, what is taught in schools, how to contact the emergency services and "other everyday knowledge all new citizens should know."

The Lords Committee rightly argues that the LITUK test and handbook should focus on knowledge for "active citizenship", not trivia.

This is far more important than being able to answer, "What is the height of the London Eye in feet?", "Who started the first curry house in the UK and what street was it on?", and "How old was Edward VI when he died?" I kid you not, these are actual LITUK questions. As I said in my previous post, this is just "junk knowledge". Hopefully Sajid Javid's proposed reformed test will see an end to such nonsense.
    Last edited by Tom & Nok; 5th Dec 2018 at 18:36. Reason: weblink

Old Hand มือเก่า

There may be clues in the report by the House of Lords Committee on Citizen and Engagement published on 18th April 2018, and the government's Integrated Communities Strategy Green Paper published in March 2018 when the minister in charge was Sajid Javid, the current Home Secretary.

The House of Lords report, rightly in my opinion, damned LITUK for its "errors", "inconsistencies", and "random trivia".

The House of Lords report noted that the LITUK handbook makes no mention of the UK Supreme Court although it does mention the lower courts. The Lords commented that there are important omissions, such as knowledge about the NHS, educational qualifications, what is taught in schools, how to contact the emergency services and "other everyday knowledge all new citizens should know."

The Lords Committee rightly argues that the LITUK test and handbook should focus on knowledge for "active citizenship", not trivia.

This is far more important than being able to answer, "What is the height of the London Eye in feet?", "Who started the first curry house in the UK and what street was it on?", and "How old was Edward VI when he died?" I kid you not, these are actual LITUK questions. As I said in my previous post, this is just "junk knowledge". Hopefully Sajid Javid's proposed reformed test will see an end to such nonsense.
    Are nice one Tom thats what i was getting at with the broadband providers question it needs to be up to date and be able to help people with life in the uk .One point thore my misses does love history .
    But it dosent help her get by

Member สมาชิก

As usual, hugee amount of usful inormation. thank you vry much i shall begin my checklist

Member สมาชิก

Hi guys.

So the first think i want to do i get The Life In The UK out of the way. i plan to book neext week (pay day). Am i booking it too early or is this ok?

also do we need any other English Test or is my wifes last certificate CERFR Levvel B1.1 still valid.

Once i have this out of the way i will begin orgnising thee ssupport documents.

thanks for any advise.

1. There is no expiry date for a pass in the Life in the UK test so your wife won't be booking too early;

2. For ILR purposes, your wife's last CEFR B1 SELT is only valid for an ILR application if it satisfies BOTH of these conditions:
    (a) it was used in a previous successful UK immigration application, e.g. for FLR(M),
    AND
    (b) that same B1 SELT is still on the UKVI approved SELT list when your wife applies for ILR.

3. Do not delay in gathering supporting documents, especially the spread of correspondence over the two year period leading up to the ILR application.

3. Do not delay in gathering supporting documents, especially the spread of correspondence over the two year period leading up to the ILR application.
    My wife kept almost everything from when she arrived up to the point of going for ILR and all in order by date for herself, me and both together, when asked for evidence she gave 3 folders and asked them to take whatever they wanted, this was in person at Solihull / Birmingham under the 3 yr route.
    She had items from each month, the correspondence included a whole myriad of different sources, usual suspects Banks / Statements, Credit Cards, Nat Ins, Tax, Doctors, Dentists, Car Licence, CarTests Theory / Practical etc, she had a couple of jobs during that time instead of getting the contracts of employment in her hand (at work) she asked them to post out thus having the contracts but also the covering letter, photo copied the top page of the contract and stapled under the letter (dated at certain period in time) She joined a couple of Libraries, posted out memberships more evidence and different time periods another example is she went and did a Emergency First Aid course / certificate at St John Ambulance so from the first point of contact to doing the course and getting the Cert was around 5 items of correspondence but spread over a time period, she joined the Co-op , Tescos (clubcard I think) was a Member of England Travel Club (footy) membership and ticket correspondence different time periods.
    Put the ball in their court, let them pick what they like, they lady dealing with choosing the items told us some people cannot collect 12 pieces of information over 2 years, to which we were baffled, she did then go on to say to go and enjoy a nice lunch (Dinner) come back and collect the ILR.
    Dont let anyone tell you only collect a few items, think outside the box, relax enjoy seeing you're Mrs ILR (not the payment obviously) and good luck.
    bangkok mags

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Just a question to a point Tom raised..If the ILR is now done totally online does this mean we will have to scan all documentary evidence..ie bank statements ,correspondence to wife and sponsor..etc etc ? And everyone will need a scanner / printer as well as a computer?

Member สมาชิก

I use my work scanner to scan everything in as a PDF and sent to myself anyway.
    Some of my local libraries can do this also.

I was reading somewhere there would be hubs to have the documents scanned and sent.
    I would expect originals to still be seen/ sent somewhere as there are people who falsify documents to try to obtain visas.

My wife has been learning LITUK early to take a bit of the stress and pressure off and as pointed out countless times the questions are ridiculous.
    I don't see why a person needs to know that the Giants Causeway was formed 60 million years ago.
    Most British people don't even know that.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Thanks for your reply..Yes you remember correctly ..There are going to be hubs around the country for this to be done..and even super hubs..like one planned for Sheffield..

Rookie มือใหม่

Hi all
    Does anyone know how to obtain a copy of a Thai marriage certificate. Currently going through the process of applying for ILR and one of the questions is asking for the date of my wifes previous Marriage. This has not been required on any previous applications. We have the divorce paperwork but no marriage certificate. She is unable to remember the exact date. It doesn't appear to ask for a copy of the certificate, just the date,so I'm wondering how accurate we need to be . No response from the Thai Embassy so thought I'd throw it out there to see if any of you guys knew.
    Any help or a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsw727 View Post

I was reading somewhere there would be hubs to have the documents scanned and sent.
    I would expect originals to still be seen/ sent somewhere as there are people who falsify documents to try to obtain visas.
    There's some helpful info regarding the new arrangements for the 57 UKVCAS centres on the GOV.UK and UKVCAS websites.

"Appointments for UKVCAS centres

You will be able to choose an appointment within 5 working days of making your application. You are encouraged to go to an appointment as soon as possible and will receive a reminder after 15 working days if you have not attended an appointment.
    If your application includes family members, you will all need to attend an appointment at a UKVCAS centre at the same time.
    Children under 16 must be accompanied to their appointment by the responsible adult named on the application. If you choose to use the new service, you will not need to post your supporting evidence to UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI).
    You will either self-upload your evidence or take it with you to your appointment.
    If you choose to self-upload your evidence, it may reduce the length of your appointment. You’ll be told what you need to submit when you make your application.

In most cases, you will have your supporting evidence (including your passport) returned to you immediately once the appointment is finished. You may not be able to use your passport for travel until you have received a decision on your application."