Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Member สมาชิก

Brick wall Confused by Visa Application Questions

Hi,

I am going through the online application for a FLR(M) settlement visa and it asks if my wife has children under 18 (she has 2, 1 Thai daughter who lives in Thailand and we have a daughter together in the UK). It then has asked if all children are applying which they aren't (neither will be on the visa application). It has now asked numerous questions about a 'non applying child' of which I have given details of her daughter in Thailand. It now asks me to put a date when she entered the UK, but she has never been here! I can't continue with the application without answering the questions. I don't know how to proceed! I have checked all my responses to see if I have answered incorrectly and it has taken me down the wrong route but everything it fine.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Steve

Member สมาชิก

Quite a few of us have had this issue when filling in the online form.

I ended up filling in the paper form instead.

Member สมาชิก

Thanks for your reply! I was literally just wondering if that was still an option? Which website do I need to use to be able to go down the route with the paper form?

Just a heads up on one of the requirements that my wife had to fulfill for her first FLR. The original birth certificate and English translation of her son in Thailand who wasn't coming to the UK.

Because my wife's family are never in any hurry to do anything it took us six months to get hold of.

Not sure if it is still a requirement but it was in September 2016 the way I understood what was being asked.

Member สมาชิก

I have the English translation that I used for her original settlement visa.

On the new online form they are also asking for a utility bill to show where the father of her first daughter lives. He hasn't been around for 9 years so not sure how I supposed to do that!! I also don't see how that is relevant to a visa for my wife when the daughter isn't part of that visa application.

None of these in depth lines of questioning were asked for the original settlement visa so why ask them just for her to be able to stay?

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ toddmeister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Member สมาชิก

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHarris View Post
    Thanks for your reply! I was literally just wondering if that was still an option? Which website do I need to use to be able to go down the route with the paper form?
    https://www.gov.uk/government/public...hild-form-flrm

It is the PDF document under the online form.

Quote Originally Posted by rasg View Post
    Just a heads up on one of the requirements that my wife had to fulfill for her first FLR. The original birth certificate and English translation of her son in Thailand who wasn't coming to the UK.

Because my wife's family are never in any hurry to do anything it took us six months to get hold of.

Not sure if it is still a requirement but it was in September 2016 the way I understood what was being asked.
    A friend of my wife done us a favour by bringing my stepdaughter's birth certificate and name change document back with her whilst she was on holiday in Thailand. My MIL sent it to her by post.

If I could not get hold of the certificate I would have given a valid reason for not having it as it would have been in Thailand and my stepdaughter or MIL may have needed to keep hold of it themselves.
    My wife said Thailand is very funny about issuing copies of things.

I don't know whether they cross reference and check previous visas applications but for FLR I thought it was a good idea to send her birth certificate and indicate our intention to bring her over once this FLR was granted.

Member สมาชิก

Thanks, that's the form I was originally intending you use before I was told about the new online service. The form makes much more sense.

So which website do I need to go through to do the online stuff, pay the fee, NHS surcharge etc. I have logged into the visa4uk website which is where I have always completed our visas before but that doesn't have anything regarding the FLR visa. The gov website just seems to direct me to the new system.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rasg View Post

My wife has a daughter living in Thailand. I've always included her on the FLR(m) form and filled in relevant boxes but cant ever remember seeing anything about supplying a birth certificate? We've done 3x FLR(m) applications since my wifes arrival in the UK in 2011, the most recent being Nov '17. Again no mention of supplying a birth cert for her daughter. I've only ever supplied a copy of our son (British) birth cert. Am I missing something?

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHarris View Post
    So which website do I need to go through to do the online stuff, pay the fee, NHS surcharge etc. I have logged into the visa4uk website which is where I have always completed our visas before but that doesn't have anything regarding the FLR visa. The gov website just seems to direct me to the new system.
    NHS surcharge via the following link:-

https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigration-application

There's a payment page on the printed FLRM form to include your card details

Actually can you use the paper form now? This suggests not:-

In the UK

You must apply online if you meet all of the following requirements. You:

If you do not meet all 3 requirements, download and fill in application form FLR(FP). Send it to the address on the form.

Member สมาชิก

The FLR form says

'This form is for use only if you are requesting a fee waiver for yourself or any dependentchildren that are applying with you'

I am not requesting a fee waiver so can I still use this form?

I thought this time it would be simple, I have all my documents I need sorted, but its turning into more of a headache than the first visa

Actually can you use the paper form now? This suggests not:-

In the UK

You must apply online if you meet all of the following requirements. You:

If you do not meet all 3 requirements, download and fill in application form FLR(FP). Send it to the address on the form.[/QUOTE]

This is why I am getting confused, they have just changed the system and I am now not sure what I am meant to be doing. The new online version is fine but it is asking questions that don't make sense or asking for documents I cannot provide!

Blog Entries

Looks like you can only use the online now

Member สมาชิก

I have just completed the on line FLR and yes questions are a joke it asked if I had any of my own children I have but they are both 30 years old so I put no as I did not find it relevant I hope that was ok because now in the post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member สมาชิก

Didn’t realise that it has gone online now. My bad.

As Cmaussy has put above you could just omit the kids info.
    When I tried to complete the form before it assumed that the kid living in Thailand was living here. Was weird.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dsw727 View Post
    ... As Cmaussy has put above you could just omit the kids info.
    No!

Only dependant children need to be included in the form, i.e. children below the age of 18. The details of adult children (as in cmaussy264's case) should not be provided. Failing to provide any information requested means the application will be incomplete and inaccurate and may cause such an application to be refused.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

If I remember you pay the NHS surcharge before completing the visa application. You will need the number they provide to add to the visa application.

Old Hand มือเก่า

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    No!

Only dependant children need to be included in the form, i.e. children below the age of 18. The details of adult children (as in cmaussy264's case) should not be provided. Failing to provide any information requested means the application will be incomplete and inaccurate and may cause such an application to be refused.
    Just a quick one Tobias most UK government bodies class a dependent child if in receipt of child benefit which can be paid up to the age of 21 .