Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40
  1. #21
    Guest Flip's Avatar
    Join Date
    14 Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,995

    Default

    I think you've got the gist of it now. Write your supporting letter - read it, edit it, read it again, edit it again. One of the most important things is to hold the ECO's attention, a letter that goes into too much detail risks being ignored. Once you've read the amount of detail you've put in, you'll find a way to get the same point across using less words. If you still have a lot of detail, be sure to paragraph it. More than 1 side of an A4 sheet is too much.

  2. #22

    Default

    Mine for my wife's visas were two and half pages and then half a page for the index.

    Quite a few people out there have had copies of them to give them an idea of what to write but I agree with you. Keep it as brief as possible and also keep the emotional stuff of of it too as far as possible.

    A couple of letters I edited for people were double the length they needed to be. Full of how much they love each other, soulmates etc etc.

  3. #23
    Premium Member Elad's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Feb 2013
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tasle283 View Post
    Regarding the deeds to the house they are in my wife’s name not the uncles name the loan is the mortgage on the house the house will be ours to sell when uncle passes away ..
    If she owns a house in Thailand then that should be a reason to return, shouldn't it?

  4. #24

    Default

    It's certainly adds to the application but the job does too. My wife had no problem getting visit visas on the basis of her job alone.

  5. #25
    Member สมาชิก
    Join Date
    1 Aug 2017
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rasg View Post
    Mine for my wife's visas were two and half pages and then half a page for the index.

    Quite a few people out there have had copies of them to give them an idea of what to write but I agree with you. Keep it as brief as possible and also keep the emotional stuff of of it too as far as possible.

    A couple of letters I edited for people were double the length they needed to be. Full of how much they love each other, soulmates etc etc.

    Yes same here here with all the details involved and the complications of our marriage being apart I felt it needs as much information as possible rather than being concise and short on one piece of A4 paper

  6. #26
    Guest Flip's Avatar
    Join Date
    14 Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,995

    Default

    I have never found that property ownership has any bearing on a decision - why should it? She would still own the property/be able to sell it/rent it out if she decided to stay in the UK in breach of her visa conditions, it makes no difference.

  7. #27
    Old Hand มือเก่า
    Join Date
    29 Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,427

    Default

    the rain in manchester should be to , come on guys its a stupid question no right no wrong ,stop making it out its a hard /or meaningful question when it is not .my wife has been here in the uk 3 years ask her why she wants go home .
    Your bangin on about this its unimportant got the funds clean record for the wife/girlfriend then all is ok.
    Stupid question asked for a response no right no wrong so why answer it .
    Im sorry but your making more out of it then it requires .
    Last edited by Samsung; 30th Dec 2018 at 22:59.

  8. #28
    Guest Flip's Avatar
    Join Date
    14 Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,995

    Default

    Wrong Samsung. The application is for the OP's wife not his girlfriend and as such it can be much more difficult.

  9. #29
    Old Hand มือเก่า
    Join Date
    29 Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,427

    Default

    still no reason to bang on about reason to return more like reason to get back to thailand serious why would you want to stay in the UK with no id or right to do so what can you gain .
    everything you say i give you 2 reasons why to return ,
    You tell me why a thail lady would overstay ??????????????????
    and i tell you why she wouldnt .
    So what a crap question that is reason to return .
    Its a rhetorical question .
    Last edited by Samsung; 31st Dec 2018 at 00:19.

  10. #30
    Guest Flip's Avatar
    Join Date
    14 Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samsung View Post
    still no reason to bang on about reason to return
    It is absolutely the reason to return that matters in this case. I haven't seen it for a while but a few years ago there were posts on here from 2 people who had problems getting a V V for their wife. In both cases the suspicion was that they were simply trying to circumvent the normal settlement visa process and get in to the UK 'on the cheap'. Settlement visa costs have increased greatly since then and the other entry requirements are much tougher so there is even more incitement to try and cheat the system - it can and does happen.

    You also have to look upon it from the ECO's point of view, they see what you don't see - sham marriages, people using other people's passports etc. There are lots of Thai's over in the UK illegally right now. 2 Years ago I was in Thailand and was asked by a friend to give her cousin a lift up to Korat from Bangkok. She had just returned from spending 3 years in the UK after entering on the passport of her sister who is married to an English guy. The passport had been taken over to Thailand by a friend who was visiting home. The cousin left the UK on her own passport with no visa in it and was not questioned as there is no immigration counter when leaving the UK.

    Why had the girl been here? Working in a restaurant on a cash basis - treated very badly really but still earned far more than she would have in Thailand.

    Also, a lot of 'working girls' come to the UK on a V V and overstay because they can earn big money here compared to back home.

    If you don't think people want to come here when they would have no ID or rights to stay - why do you think people are risking their lives at the moment, crossing the chanel in rubber dinghys?

  11. #31
    Old Hand มือเก่า
    Join Date
    29 Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    It is absolutely the reason to return that matters in this case. I haven't seen it for a while but a few years ago there were posts on here from 2 people who had problems getting a V V for their wife. In both cases the suspicion was that they were simply trying to circumvent the normal settlement visa process and get in to the UK 'on the cheap'. Settlement visa costs have increased greatly since then and the other entry requirements are much tougher so there is even more incitement to try and cheat the system - it can and does happen.

    You also have to look upon it from the ECO's point of view, they see what you don't see - sham marriages, people using other people's passports etc. There are lots of Thai's over in the UK illegally right now. 2 Years ago I was in Thailand and was asked by a friend to give her cousin a lift up to Korat from Bangkok. She had just returned from spending 3 years in the UK after entering on the passport of her sister who is married to an English guy. The passport had been taken over to Thailand by a friend who was visiting home. The cousin left the UK on her own passport with no visa in it and was not questioned as there is no immigration counter when leaving the UK.

    Why had the girl been here? Working in a restaurant on a cash basis - treated very badly really but still earned far more than she would have in Thailand.

    Also, a lot of 'working girls' come to the UK on a V V and overstay because they can earn big money here compared to back home.

    If you don't think people want to come here when they would have no ID or rights to stay - why do you think people are risking their lives at the moment, crossing the chanel in rubber dinghys?
    RUBBISH Flip no reason . no bank account
    no dentists
    theres you two to 1
    to start with...
    Now we have BRP fingerprints and facial recon rubbish no future they have .
    and these idiots trying to cross the channel should be treated as to what they are criminals and shot ,they know the law and have no respect for it. shoot them
    yes criminals
    big money how do, you get that back to thailand they are clamping down everywhere.
    the net is closing my freind

  12. #32
    Guest Flip's Avatar
    Join Date
    14 Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,995

    Default

    Samsung, if you think there are no illegal immigrants currently in the UK, you are mistaken. Yes there are now biometrics which should stop those using other people's passports - precisely why people go for vist visas instead.

    Getting money back to Thailand?? You have a lot to learn - 1. Most people don't get checked for cash when leaving. 2. Western Union etc. 3. If your wife has Thai friends here she shoud know about the Thai network. I don't know how they do it but there is a whole black market financial system where they can send money back to Thailand, obtain loans and invest. Indians and Pakistanis have a similar thing.

    A few years ago around 15 Thai girls who had entered illegally were found working at a 'massage' parlour in Leeds. They all claimed to have been trafficked - they were not. There are hundreds of similar places, especially in London that have Thai staff. I believe that most, if not all of these girls have either entered illegally or overstayed a visit visa.

    Shoot people trying to enter the UK illegally? Have you been drinking?

  13. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    Samsung, if you think there are no illegal immigrants currently in the UK, you are mistaken. Yes there are now biometrics which should stop those using other people's passports - precisely why people go for vist visas instead.

    Getting money back to Thailand?? You have a lot to learn - 1. Most people don't get checked for cash when leaving. 2. Western Union etc. 3. If your wife has Thai friends here she shoud know about the Thai network. I don't know how they do it but there is a whole black market financial system where they can send money back to Thailand, obtain loans and invest. Indians and Pakistanis have a similar thing.

    A few years ago around 15 Thai girls who had entered illegally were found working at a 'massage' parlour in Leeds. They all claimed to have been trafficked - they were not. There are hundreds of similar places, especially in London that have Thai staff. I believe that most, if not all of these girls have either entered illegally or overstayed a visit visa.

    Shoot people trying to enter the UK illegally? Have you been drinking?
    Samsung only comes on here when he's been drinking!

    That would be a bit drastic I think. They escape the fighting in Syria, Iran or wherever and try and come to Britain and get shot.

    I've known a few working in Thai restaurants who have overstayed over the years.

    They have no problem moving cash in and out of Thailand. My wife does it every month and the last time she went we took £2K in cash and changed it.

    Dentists? When my wife came here and I registered her with the dentist she admitted she had only ever been to a dentist once in her life when she had toothache. Fortunately she has always looked after her teeth and she only needed a tiny filling. Hospitals? NO problem. They don't check.

  14. #34
    Premium Member Elad's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Feb 2013
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Would like to see some stats of 'nationalities of illegals in the UK' - i reckon Thais would be near the bottom.

    I've just had a glass of wine

  15. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elad View Post
    Would like to see some stats of 'nationalities of illegals in the UK' - i reckon Thais would be near the bottom.
    I think you would be right and there would be a lot more if the Home Office granted more visas. They don't make it easy.

  16. #36
    Member สมาชิก
    Join Date
    1 Aug 2017
    Posts
    77

    Default

    To all you guys thanks for the advice ,, ive slipped in the return issue quite subtly in a few paragraphs, bit like a magician just adding to sentences rather than going in wi th the don’t want to jeopardise her future visa attempts.. I’m actually quite impressed with my letter and may post it later in this thread..


    however it is 3 pages long but the short paragraph system I think will work wonders regarding so much information

  17. #37
    Guest Flip's Avatar
    Join Date
    14 Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tasle283 View Post
    however it is 3 pages long but the short paragraph system I think will work wonders regarding so much information
    3 Pages?? I wish you the best of luck. If the ECO has any concerns, hopefully he/she will take the time to read your letter fully but be warned, we've had members here who's gf/wife has been refused because the ECO stated that they had failed to supply information (usually financial) when that information HAD actually been supplied. We'd like to think they read each application thoroughly but it seems they don't.

  18. #38
    Member สมาชิก
    Join Date
    1 Aug 2017
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    3 Pages?? I wish you the best of luck.
    Hi flip it’s actually down to 2 and half pages with each paragraph being concise and to the point. In the letter I’ve included a brief description of documents and an explanation of why the marriage certificate is laminated and we’ve had it verified again at the registry office who issued the certificate
    I’ve provided and we’ve used the VFS barcode system to section all documents into each relevant section so there shouldn’t be an issue with missing documents, we also payed for the silver service which includes scanning service and sms text and courier return of documents

    fingers crossed mate but every time I read a reply I s**t it even more lol

    - - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

    Wonder if I should post the letter here so you could read and tell me what you think

  19. #39
    Guest Flip's Avatar
    Join Date
    14 Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tasle283 View Post
    Wonder if I should post the letter here so you could read and tell me what you think
    I wouldn't. Don't panic, there's a better chance of a visa than a refusal. My aim is not to worry you - just to help you enjoy success. You've had the benefit of other member's advice here - most applications that fail are made by people who just blunder into it thinking its much the same as a westerner applying for a visa to Thailand, more or less guaranteed - its not.

    It may be hard for some to understand but there are a lot of people who want to come to this cold, wet island for reasons other than those they state on their visa application and they have no intention of going home. Its the ECO's job to weed those out - most times they get it right but sometimes they get it wrong.

  20. #40
    Old Hand มือเก่า
    Join Date
    29 Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,427

    Default

    Im with Elad on this would love to see some figures .
    Yes maybe 10 years ago but not now everything has changed you go to hospitals first thing they ask you whats your NI Number.
    Not how many limbs you are missing or how many pints off blood you have lost ,
    Its changed now yes a black market exists and always will,
    But boy are the governments trying to clamp down why do you think we have the NHS SURCHARGE NOW NO RECORD NO TREATMENT ,NO PAYMENT NO TREATMENT ,
    Shut the borders with all this new system the non entitled will be outed .
    What your talking about is organised crime .
    Reason to return is a a question designed to promote a response non being correct ,enough said i get back to my beer .

Similar Threads

  1. visit visa application and Reasons for visit
    By Tasle283 in forum UK Visas
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 7th Aug 2018, 04:10
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 22nd Jul 2014, 16:39
  3. Reasons to return
    By Kate&Martin in forum UK Visas
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 13th Jun 2007, 12:56

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •