Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Member สมาชิก

Default Doubts on reasons to return visit visa application

Hi there.

Starting the visit visa application for my wife to visit England, she has been unemployed for a few months now and her boss is starting a new contract for next year.

my wife has just had 11500 payed into her account, which I have previously been warned could look suspicious for a VV application. I was told not to submit her account info because it gets complicated. My bank statements are of importance to show I have deviate finances to support her stay.

i have been told and read many times before the most important thing to prove is reason to return ..

i think a letter from from her boss would be strong in our case, my wife thinks showing the deeds to the uncles house and that she must return to care for uncle and grandmother is better, she plans to get her mother and father to sign document to confirm she will return ..

i am am unsure what to do and wonder if any of you have suggestions regarding money deposited and the deeds or bosses letter

thanks in advance

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ toddmeister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just be honest. How long is she coming for? To me it would be strange to say the reason for return is to take care of her relatives if, for example, she was asking stay for a few months, who would take care of them whilst she is in the uk?

Pateley Bridge, North Yorkshire/ Khao Yai, Korat

The reasons to return are slightly different in your case - because you are married. There is nothing unreasonable about a wife wishing to visit her husband but you have to convince the ECO that this is not simply a cheap way of getting her into the UK where she will simply disappear.

I would advise against someone paying money into their girlfriend's account but a wife is different. You haven't said where the 11,500 came from but I'm presuming its from you? If its simply living expenses - just say so in your covering letter. Likewise, if you gave her it to enable the planned visit, say so.

I know nothing of your personal circumstances but you will need to convince the ECO as I said above. If for example, you live separately for now but your plans are to move to Thailand to be with your wife and that's the reason she's not here - say so.

If on the other hand, your wife is staying in Thailand to care for relatives and the plan is for her to join you as soon as they are better - again, say so.

Yes a letter (official) from her future boss wil be helpful but also make sure he gives a phone number as he may be called to confirm matters. However, having a job is not so important for a wife providing you illustrate your circumstances. You may well be supporting her so she doesn't have to work and therefore can take care of her/your children - nothing wrong or unusual about that. Entirely different with an application for a girlfriend.

More than anything you need to describe why you live apart and what your future plans are. If you support your wife financially, don't hide it but also, don't submit her bank statements with regular payments inwards that are not explained. Just say, I send my wife xx,xxx baht per month for living expenses and I will fully finance her planned visit (also prove you can).

If you wish to share more about your marital circumstances it will be easier to help you. How long have you been married?

I've just seen Toddmeister's post and he is correct, if you Mrs is taking care of someone else and you wish to use that as a reason to return, you need to show how that person will be looked after whilst she's away.
    Last edited by Flip; 6th Dec 2018 at 19:40.

Member สมาชิก

Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    The reasons to return are slightly different in your case - because you are married. There is nothing unreasonable about a wife wishing to visit her husband but you have to convince the ECO that this is not simply a cheap way of getting her into the UK where she will simply disappear.

I would advise against someone paying money into their girlfriend's account but a wife is different. You haven't said where the 11,500 came from but I'm presuming its from you? If its simply living expenses - just say so in your covering letter. Likewise, if you gave her it to enable the planned visit, say so.

I know nothing of your personal circumstances but you will need to convince the ECO as I said above. If for example, you live separately for now but your plans are to move to Thailand to be with your wife and that's the reason she's not here - say so.

If on the other hand, your wife is staying in Thailand to care for relatives and the plan is for her to join you as soon as they are better - again, say so.

Yes a letter (official) from her future boss wil be helpful but also make sure he gives a phone number as he may be called to confirm matters. However, having a job is not so important for a wife providing you illustrate your circumstances. You may well be supporting her so she doesn't have to work and therefore can take care of her/your children - nothing wrong or unusual about that. Entirely different with an application for a girlfriend.

More than anything you need to describe why you live apart and what your future plans are. If you support your wife financially, don't hide it but also, don't submit her bank statements with regular payments inwards that are not explained. Just say, I send my wife xx,xxx baht per month for living expenses and I will fully finance her planned visit (also prove you can).

If you wish to share more about your marital circumstances it will be easier to help you. How long have you been married?

I've just seen Toddmeister's post and he is correct, if you Mrs is taking care of someone else and you wish to use that as a reason to return, you need to show how that person will be looked after whilst she's away.
    @flip

The 11,500 was payed for some documents she did for the boss, I have been sending 3000 baht a month to pay for the loan on our uncles house plus any other expenses that arise while she has been out of work
    we have been married 1 year . I have visited Thailand 3 times this year
    first meeting 2 weeks
    2nd meeting 2 month
    this meeting 4 months

Your case sounds very different to most other visit visas I have read about. On here and elsewhere.

Tell the truth, don't supply her bank statements if you can avoid it, and I don't think you'll have a problem.

Is your aim is for her to move here on a settlement visa in the near future? If it is, explain that this visa is to meet your family and to experience the UK to make sure that she likes it.

You don't need to supply your bank statements either. Just show that you have sufficient funds to fund the trip.

When will she be applying for the visa? If you are using her promise of a job in January rather than a job she is in now, you could be on shaky ground if her boss is called. You don't want her banned for lying. It's simply not worth it.

Don't go crazy and ask for a six month holiday for her for this first visa. Ask for a month. If she does stay longer you will need to explain why in the next visa application.

Old Hand มือเก่า

Quote Originally Posted by rasg View Post
    Your case sounds very different to most other visit visas I have read about. On here and elsewhere.

Tell the truth, don't supply her bank statements if you can avoid it, and I don't think you'll have a problem.

Is your aim is for her to move here on a settlement visa in the near future? If it is, explain that this visa is to meet your family and to experience the UK to make sure that she likes it.

You don't need to supply your bank statements either. Just show that you have sufficient funds to fund the trip.

When will she be applying for the visa? If you are using her promise of a job in January rather than a job she is in now, you could be on shaky ground if her boss is called. You don't want her banned for lying. It's simply not worth it.

Don't go crazy and ask for a six month holiday for her for this first visa. Ask for a month. If she does stay longer you will need to explain why in the next visa application.
    Just to clear it up a little Rasg only if its a Visit visa if a settlement visa then they would be no reason to explain yourselves .

Member สมาชิก

the work is back with her old boss but with a new contract we are telling the truth there, we apply for 2 month stay. My wife wants to use the deeds and bank loan as a reason to return, I think they may question that as an excuse because in the future she will leave Thailand and still have the same debt so I don’t think it’s a strong reason
    I think her uncle and grandmother care is the best reason we have if we don’t use the employment,,

secondly do do I just put in my supporting letter my weekly income and savings to state I have enough funds for her trip ??.

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

We are applying now for March next year

Not following you there rasg......surely sending copies of his bank statements or the book on a savings account is the easiest way of showing he has the funds to cover the trip?

I would agree that contrary to what I said previously, its probably better not to supply her bank statements. I don't know rasg's reasoning behind that but mine is that 3000 baht per month is not enough to support her. She may have other income from somewhere but on the basis of the details you have supplied - her bank statements are unlikely to look right (unless she has substantial savings) and would probably throw up more questions than they answer. Focus on the fact that you have the funds to cover all her exepenses.

Depending on the facts and whether or not her boss is prepared to confirm what you say - 2019 is almost upon us so if the job is likely to start shortly........I would state something like...... 'My wife previously worked for X as a XX until the business closed due to XXX in Jan/Feb etc. etc. I have supported her financially since that time but she will be returning to work for X in ??? 2019. I enclose a letter from X confirming this.' But remember, depending on the timings, it could look wrong if she is about to start a new job and then visit the UK.

However, unless you are sure the boss will answer any phone calls correctly and has company headed note paper - don't do it.

I remain convinced that your biggest hurdle would be in convincing the ECO that you are not looking for a way around an expensive settlement visa - so reasons to return but slightly different. When I said 'If you wish to share more about your marital circumstances it will be easier to help you' , I meant a little more than how long you have been married - more about your future intentions as this could provide you with good reasons for her to return. You could for example, plan to move to Thailand yourself in the near future because you are retiring (sorry I don't know your age - its just an example) so there would be no point in applying for a settlement visa.

Conversely, you may have some other reason why you don't live together and may intend applying for a settlement visa in the near future - in which case do as rasg says above but please don't say 'my wife knows the rules and won't do anything to jeopardize future visa applications' - they've seen that line thousands of times and it will appear contrived.

I'm sure you get my gist now - as I said, the suspicion may be that you are trying to circumvent the high cost of a settlement visa so explaining why you live apart and any future intentions could give strong reasons to return. Others include strong family ties etc.

Don't mention anything about loans etc - people run away from loans. The deeds to your Uncle's house mean nothing - its his house. If she's worried that she appears penniless - that doesn't matter, you are covering her travel costs. All they are worried about is that your relationship is real and that she will return.

Real marriage:

Photos together - wedding photos especially
    Copies of passport entry stamps showing your visits.
    Evidence of regular contact.
    Flight stubs or e-ticket copies for any trips you may have shared
    Anything that shows you are actually together - remember, to you your relationship is real but ECO's will no doubt come across sham marriages every day.

Old Hand มือเก่า

Not following you there rasg......surely sending copies of his bank statements or the book on a savings account is the easiest way of showing he has the funds to cover the trip?

I would agree that contrary to what I said previously, its probably better not to supply her bank statements. I don't know rasg's reasoning behind that but mine is that 3000 baht per month is not enough to support her. She may have other income from somewhere but on the basis of the details you have supplied - her bank statements are unlikely to look right (unless she has substantial savings) and would probably throw up more questions than they answer. Focus on the fact that you have the funds to cover all her exepenses.

Depending on the facts and whether or not her boss is prepared to confirm what you say - 2019 is almost upon us so if the job is likely to start shortly........I would state something like...... 'My wife previously worked for X as a XX until the business closed due to XXX in Jan/Feb etc. etc. I have supported her financially since that time but she will be returning to work for X in ??? 2019. I enclose a letter from X confirming this.' But remember, depending on the timings, it could look wrong if she is about to start a new job and then visit the UK.

However, unless you are sure the boss will answer any phone calls correctly and has company headed note paper - don't do it.

I remain convinced that your biggest hurdle would be in convincing the ECO that you are not looking for a way around an expensive settlement visa - so reasons to return but slightly different. When I said 'If you wish to share more about your marital circumstances it will be easier to help you' , I meant a little more than how long you have been married - more about your future intentions as this could provide you with good reasons for her to return. You could for example, plan to move to Thailand yourself in the near future because you are retiring (sorry I don't know your age - its just an example) so there would be no point in applying for a settlement visa.

Conversely, you may have some other reason why you don't live together and may intend applying for a settlement visa in the near future - in which case do as rasg says above but please don't say 'my wife knows the rules and won't do anything to jeopardize future visa applications' - they've seen that line thousands of times and it will appear contrived.

I'm sure you get my gist now - as I said, the suspicion may be that you are trying to circumvent the high cost of a settlement visa so explaining why you live apart and any future intentions could give strong reasons to return. Others include strong family ties etc.

Don't mention anything about loans etc - people run away from loans. The deeds to your Uncle's house mean nothing - its his house. If she's worried that she appears penniless - that doesn't matter, you are covering her travel costs. All they are worried about is that your relationship is real and that she will return.

Real marriage:

Anything that shows you are actually together - remember, to you your relationship is real but ECO's will no doubt come across sham marriages every day.
    What if that is the reason to return my wife used it and had no problems Plus do they not go to India now so might not off seen it that often ,
    Its a stupid question ,myself i would use this first and foremost and then maybe provide a few other examples but the more you supply the more it becomes questionable has any one be declined using the old i know the LAW ? Maybe its making a mountain out of a mole hill .I can only base it on what i used .

Quote Originally Posted by Samsung View Post
    What if that is the reason to return my wife used it and had no problems Plus do they not go to India now so might not off seen it that often
    You have misunderstood Samsung - all I'm saying is don't use that wording - there are many ways of saying the same thing.

Old Hand มือเก่า

You have misunderstood Samsung - all I'm saying is don't use that wording - there are many ways of saying the same thing.
    sorry flip you are right there is many ways to put this across ,sometimes and some cases it seems some are giving the ECO the bullets for a empty gun .

Quote Originally Posted by Samsung View Post
    sorry flip you are right there is many ways to put this across ,sometimes and some cases it seems some are giving the ECO the bullets for a empty gun .
    By the way, you can highlight and delete the irrelevant areas of text when you are quoting - it might save the site a bit of bandwidth .

All I sent for my wife's visit visa was a Santander bank page showing how much I had in my three accounts, the same with Nationwide, a couple of days before the application went in. It's a visit visa and all you have to show is affordability.

I would agree that contrary to what I said previously, its probably better not to supply her bank statements. I don't know rasg's reasoning behind that but mine is that 3000 baht per month is not enough to support her. She may have other income from somewhere but on the basis of the details you have supplied - her bank statements are unlikely to look right (unless she has substantial savings) and would probably throw up more questions than they answer. Focus on the fact that you have the funds to cover all her expenses
    I've seen too many visit visas fail in the last few years where an ECO has picked apart everything in an applicant's bank statement. Erroneous payments amongst so many other things. I would also agree with you about 3000 baht a month. It might be all the OP can afford but if she's not working, 15 quid a week wouldn’t be enough to live. Even in Thailand.

Everybody says "jeopardize future visa blah blah blah" but they all seem to write it in, in one way or another in their application.

The job that she's not doing at the moment worries me as a reason to return as she's not doing it yet and ECOs would expect some degree of longevity in a job before they are allowed to have a long holiday.

Reason to return is looking pretty flimsy to me now and the OP's intention after the visit would be interesting to know. Will he move to Thailand or will they go for a settlement in the UK?

Old Hand มือเก่า

By the way, you can highlight and delete the irrelevant areas of text when you are quoting - it might save the site a bit of bandwidth .
    LOL i try next time ,a little bit naffed i have got fill the misses ILR in ,online was always more comfortable with pen and paper just hope the ECO understands samsung

All I sent for my wife's visit visa was a Santander bank page showing how much I had in my three accounts, the same with Nationwide, a couple of days before the application went in. It's a visit visa and all you have to show is affordability.

Reason to return is looking pretty flimsy to me now and the OP's intention after the visit would be interesting to know. Will he move to Thailand or will they go for a settlement in the UK?
    On the banking that's more or less what I meant. Nothing like the amount of detail required for a settlement visa.

Reason to return, I agree but I think if he can elaborate on why they live apart and their plans for the future - there might be enough there to convince an ECO.

Old Hand มือเก่า

It is a rhetorical question ,no right answer no wrong answer used to produce a statement .
    I think its all based on the full package like flip has said .
    get all that boxed off plus the funds the ECO will have a difficult time refuseing a visit visa .

On the banking that's more or less what I meant. Nothing like the amount of detail required for a settlement visa.

Reason to return, I agree but I think if he can elaborate on why they live apart and their plans for the future - there might be enough there to convince an ECO.
    So many applying for visit visas mention bank statements lately and I visualise somebody sending a years worth. Not needed for a VV.

I agree with you about the reason to return. It needs a good, meaty sponsor letter.