Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Default Downloading Music

Anyone know where I can legally download music to play in the car? Is itunes the only option? I copy the stuff I have to a memory stick and play. Ideally Thai music also.

Although I have never dowloaded a single note and probably never will - I believe 'Spotify' is very popular. No idea whether there is any Thai music available though. No point in asking my Thai friends because I already know what they will say - I have yet to meet a Thai who's paid to download anything .

Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    Although I have never dowloaded a single note and probably never will - I believe 'Spotify' is very popular. No idea whether there is any Thai music available though. No point in asking my Thai friends because I already know what they will say - I have yet to meet a Thai who's paid to download anything .
    Not just Thais although her-in-doors does pay for CV / DVDs by Andre Rieu.
    James, I would never advocate downloading from "HueTubes" and converting to my MP3 or a stick, legal or illegal ??? Most stuff I already have, just easier "converting" (careful about viruses on converters)
    PS. RIP Pete Shelley.
    bangkok mags

I'l stick to my CD's and vinyl - in fact it appears that due to the resurgence of vinyl music, I'm 'cool' again .

I do stream music from Youtube occasionally though .

I've got spotify, but you can only stream, I can't download to play in the car.

Oh, I know my daughter gets her music by download and I thought it was Spotify she uses - I'll ask her.

Just checked - you need Spotify Premium - don't know it that's available in Thailand - if not.....maybe a VPN will help?

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ prikphet's Avatar

• Make sure you have a Spotify Premium subscription. Downloading songs for offline use is only possible if you have a Spotify Premium subscription. ...
    • Open Spotify. ...
    • Tap Your Library. ...
    • Tap Playlists. ...
    • Select a playlist. ...
    • Tap the grey "Download" ...
    • Listen to Spotify music offline.
    • Send Prikphet 200 baht for conducting your Google search

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ toddmeister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by James HKT View Post
    I've got spotify, but you can only stream, I can't download to play in the car.
    I use Spotify premium. Bargain at only £9.99 a month. If you were to buy just one cd a month it would pay for itself plus you don't have cd's lying round everywhere or filling up your glove box. You can download the albums you want to play "off-line". I listen to mine in the car by connecting my phone to the cars bluetooth. Do the same in the house by linking it to a bluetooth speaker. Couldn't do without it now. One thing you do have to be careful of is only playing your downloaded off-line albums otherwise it uses a lot of data when you're out & about.

Thanks guys. I have Spotify premium but I can only download the songs to my phone, which I also use a lot in the car. I tried doing it that way but there were too many problems.

Let me get this right - you can download it to your phone but that's it? You can't transfer it from your phone to its memory card and from that onto another device?

Flip, correct. You can also download to upto five devices (android/pc/mac/iOS), but you cannot access the music files to transfer to say a memory stick

I quite like this:

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ prikphet's Avatar

You should be able to move the song cache to a memory card on your phone, it may involve removing the app and reinstalling - a google search should help you.

Quote Originally Posted by prikphet View Post
    You should be able to move the song cache to a memory card on your phone, it may involve removing the app and reinstalling - a google search should help you.
    I tried that but it looks like the files are encrypted and can only be accessed by the spotify app.

I'll stick to CD's - they may cost more but at least I can do what I want with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    I'll stick to CD's - they may cost more but at least I can do what I want with them.
    I agree, just in the car it's easier to plug in a USB memory stick with hundreds on. Saves having to keep a folder full of cds.

You don't need to do that if you have a computer with a CD player and iTunes. iTunes can download and convert all of the music from your CD to many different file formats including MP3s that you can then put on your USB stick. I have a hard disk built into my car but I can also just plug the iPhone into the car and play from the phone.

Member สมาชิก

There is software available where you can convert Spotify tracks and remove the encryption/ DRM.
    I cannot give any recommendations though as I am not a Spotify user and never had to use this.

I've used Youtube video converters before and had no issue with them.

A good music tool once you have downloaded or ripped from CD is Media Monkey even with an I device cant recommend Itunes from what I have read.

What inputs do you have on the car stereo, line in, bluetooth?

I purchased a load on Amazon as MP3s , downloaded and on USB sticks no problem
    Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

Quote Originally Posted by Natty View Post
    A good music tool once you have downloaded or ripped from CD is Media Monkey even with an I device cant recommend Itunes from what I have read.

What inputs do you have on the car stereo, line in, bluetooth?
    Nothing wrong with iTunes. I have been ripping CDs to iTunes for donkeys years.