Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Old Hand มือเก่า

Default life in the uk test

misses results tonight a lot of guess work .Results

Your time: 00:16:20You answered 17 of 24 questions correctly, (70.83%)
    £50 gone

• in fact i shook my head when she said i wasnt born then to one of the questions .
    • Only practice test by the way .

Quote Originally Posted by Samsung View Post
    misses results tonight a lot of guess work .Results

Your time: 00:16:20You answered 17 of 24 questions correctly, (70.83%)
    £50 gone

• in fact i shook my head when she said i wasnt born then to one of the questions .
    • Only practice test by the way .

Mrs said she had a CD that came with a book for practice tests and a study guide that allowed practice tests (online) she also advises to check LITUK test on YouTube. Mrs coached a friend who struggled with passing, which ended up being most days even when our friend did nt want to learn and she would nt allow her to talk in Thai only English, but it all came good in the end as she passed the next test.
    Any exam Mrs studies for she writes everything out in her own words that helps her remember and recall, that's her strategy that works for her.
    You just need to encourage your Mrs to keep practicing and re-read the syllabus.
    Good luck with it all , an excellent achievement if she can pass, imagine if we had to take tests in Thai.
    bangkok mags

Quote Originally Posted by sisaket View Post
    imagine if we had to take tests in Thai.
    Heaven forbid!

Premium Member

My wife used something on Facebook. i just had a look and i think it was Life in the UK test web group
    She memorised the answers to 15 of the tests and practiced every day for about 6 weeks and passed first time.
    Apparently there are 30 sets of questions but only the first 15 are ever used.

Old Hand มือเก่า

Its on the to do list in the new year every night practice then all i have to do is pay the £2500 and thats it thank xxxxxxxxxxxxx you can imagine your own words for the x .

Jean-Claude Juncker and Donald Tusk don't fit the xxxxxxxxxxxxx, but they are mainly behind the reason why the cost is so high :-(

What is this test all about? I am hoping it's not something I've missed with my wifes SV application?

Andy

Stop worrying! When your wife gets to ILR she will need to take it to get ILR. If it's not changed first. Sajid Javid has said it's like a pub quiz and if the Tories are still in Government the test will change.

Quote Originally Posted by Melteddrummer View Post
    What is this test all about? I am hoping it's not something I've missed with my wifes SV application
    Its a crazy test that is supposed to show that immigrants have learned about the history and culture of the UK - it is unlikely to do either. Whilst I support the language learning requirements I've long thought that the LITUK test is a waste of time.

Although you don't have to worry about it right now, you'd be well advised to get your Mrs practising it before too long and whilst you're at it, have a go yourself - you'll be amazed how many questions you get wrong.

When my Mrs did it there was an online practice mock up with the genuine questions available. I can't remember exactly but I seem to think that when you pay the fee (yes another £50), you get access to the practice tool.

Phew, I thought I’d missed something out there haha. Thanks for putting my mind at ease

The Home Office is to release an Immigration White Paper this week.

It might contain references to Sajid Javid's thinking about what the replacement for the LITUK test will look like. There may also be something about a revised (higher) English language requirement as both were flagged up in his speech at the Conservative Party conference in October. Watch this space.
    "I can calculate the movement of the stars, but not the madness of men" Sir Isaac Newton

Quote Originally Posted by Tom & Nok View Post
    The Home Office is to release an Immigration White Paper this week.

It might contain references to Sajid Javid's thinking about what the replacement for the LITUK test will look like. There may also be something about a revised (higher) English language requirement as both were flagged up in his speech at the Conservative Party conference in October. Watch this space.
    Any idea of a date for these new tests? its just that my wife will be applying for ILR may 2019, she already has LITUK and she's taking the B1 end of this month. if these new test are brought in before May, she wont have enough time to study and pass them and she wont be granted ILR.

Member สมาชิก

Im in the same situation as you Elad,but my wife has passed both tests. I cant believe having passed them and paid they can then ask you to do more ,but then again nothing would surprise me with the current regime.

Lets hope new test negotiations are the same time scales as brexit

Quote Originally Posted by Elad View Post
    Any idea of a date for these new tests? its just that my wife will be applying for ILR may 2019, she already has LITUK and she's taking the B1 end of this month. if these new test are brought in before May, she wont have enough time to study and pass them and she wont be granted ILR.
    There's no promise Elad but that sort of thing is usually taken care of and a 'start date' given that allows those under the old rules to continue along that path.

Quote Originally Posted by Elad;
    As Flip says, there's usually a lead-in period between a policy change announcement and its implementation. For example, this happened with the change from A1 to A2 for FLR(M). This change was announced in January 2016 with a proposed start date in October 2016. The change actually came into effect in May 2017.

A press report quoting a Home Office source suggests that the White Paper may be published tomorrow (Wednesday 19th December). I'll be going through it very closely as my wife is applying for ILR in mid-2020 and has already passed B1. She's been practising hard for the LITUK. Let's see what happens tomorrow.
    "I can calculate the movement of the stars, but not the madness of men" Sir Isaac Newton

The Immigration White Paper has just been published.

Chapter 8 covers family migration. It's very thin on detail.

"8.8 Speaking English is fundamental to successful integration into British society,helping migrants to participate in community life and find work. It makes it easier for families to access vital public services and enables parents to support their children’s education. Those coming to the UK on a family visa with only basic English are required to become more fluent over time."

"8.10 Those wishing to settle in the UK must pass the Life in the UK test. The Government will review this test, last reviewed in 2012, to ensure it is up to date."

The minimum income requirements remain unchanged.