Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Old Hand มือเก่า

Default If the misses can not gain LITUK

Ok my misses has around 2020 till her visa runs out FLM m.
    This year practice practice she is confident but im not and can see lots of debits out of my account to whoever i pay ,
    Maybe i should have more faith .
    But i presume if she fails then she would have to apply for FLM M again is this correct ?
    Also would the NHS surcharge be payable again ?

Hi Samsung

If she doesn't pass LITUK then, under the current rules, she can't apply for ILR in 2020. In that case she can still apply for FLR(M) to remain in the UK if she has a minimum A2 UKVI approved SELT, assuming that the A2 minimum requirement is unchanged in 2020.

If she does apply for FLR(M) again then, yes, the Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) is payable at the rate which applies in 2020.
    "I can calculate the movement of the stars, but not the madness of men" Sir Isaac Newton

Old Hand มือเก่า

cheers tom for that ,so the health surcharge is linked to what visa you apply for rather than a set fee could end paying a considerable sum the books are out after the xmas tree goes down already covered the english with her b1 which she used for her FLM m ,
    Unless the goal post go wider .

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ toddmeister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yes the NHS fee still applies with each FLRM application. My wife is here under the old pre '12 rules and has her B1 but is yet to pass LITUK. She is currently on her 3rd FLRM extension which has a year remaining on it. No excuse, but with a full-time job and 5 year old its almost impossible for her to find the time to study. Must get it sorted before her current FLRM expires though

Member สมาชิก

I bought my wife the LITUK book with the Thai translation.

She has until the end of December 2020 before her FLR M runs out although she will hit the 5 year point in July 2020 I will wait until December as I need to save up more money.
    If she doesn't pass I have to pay for FLR extensions for her and her daughter and with the NHS increase going to cost £LOADS.

She has been learning from a Thai woman's videos on Facebook which she says is useful. I will ask her for details if anyone wants it.
    My understanding is that it is a public page viewable by anyone.

We can hope that there is a new test that is more relevant to actual life in the UK instead of a history test that I don't even remember learning about in school.

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ toddmeister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

We can hope that there is a new test that is more relevant to actual life in the UK instead of a history test that I don't even remember learning about in school.
    The "new" 2013 test was supposed to make it more relevant by including more everyday type questions about popular tv shows etc. Hmmm

We also have the Thai translated book. I would however only use this as an initial tool to give an idea of whats in the test. The test obviously has to be done in English so best to use the English version more than anything else. They can listen to the questions with headphones during the test so any online audio sample tests I guess will help if reading English is an issue

Quote Originally Posted by Dsw727 View Post
    I think that there's a very high likelihood of the new LITUK test being more relevant and useful. The March 2018 report by House of Lords Committee on Citizenship and Engagement damned the current LITUK test for its errors, inconsistencies and random trivia. They rightly argued that LITUK should focus upon active citizenship, not random junk knowledge.

The long awaited immigration White Paper published by the government on the 19th December stated:
    "8.10 Those wishing to settle in the UK must pass the Life in the UK test. The Government will review this test, last reviewed in 2012, to ensure it is up to date."
    "I can calculate the movement of the stars, but not the madness of men" Sir Isaac Newton