Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Member สมาชิก

Default Visit visa introduction letter question

My wife wrote her introduction letter in Thai and then a translator translated it very poorly.
    i had to make some edits but my main question is....

Does the translator have to stamp the introduction letter?

The wife thinks it’s okay to send not being stamped unlike the other official documents

thanks in advnac

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ toddmeister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

She doesn't have to supply a letter at all but it cant hurt. More emphasis should be put on your sponsor letter detailing reason for trip and pointing out things like how you are funding it etc, assuming you are. If she is including a letter make sure it doesn't contradict anything you are putting in yours

Member สมาชิก

Quote Originally Posted by toddmeister View Post
    She doesn't have to supply a letter at all but it cant hurt. More emphasis should be put on your sponsor letter detailing reason for trip and pointing out things like how you are funding it etc, assuming you are. If she is including a letter make sure it doesn't contradict anything you are putting in yours

Shes had advice from one of these Thai Facebook visa sites to send a letter lol.. boy has that caused some issues since the translation was really bad..

but yes now it’s done might as well send it

everything is similar in our story of how we met and got engaged and married, explaining how I’ve supported her for a short while since she lost employment and now she starts work again with her boss again ... explaining how I’ve visited 3 times and now she is visiting to see if she likes England before deciding if she wants to settle in UK in the future

Hmmmm, I know things have changed a bit now and I haven't kept abreast of things due to having no need but when decisions were made in Bangkok, letters and documents were accepted in Thai and English as they had both English and Thai staff. Not sure where V V ECO's are based now.

My wife just wrote her letter in English. It was very, very basic.

I think they are based in Delhi now.

Member สมาชิก

Quote Originally Posted by toddmeister View Post

Just for for your information guys and gals this is the latest regarding the applicants introduction letterC5DF5213-3DDE-46D1-914F-34C58370C993.jpg

Member สมาชิก

I always found a supporting letter to be useful.

I know this is a visitor visa but let me reference my stepdaughters settlement one.
    My wife and her mum both wrote letters in Thai and then had them translated to English (not stamped either).
    We decided on this so when the ECO called them they could refer to their letters in Thai and actually know what they put.
    Still can’t believe neither of them got called up to be honest.

Old Hand มือเก่า

supporting letter by the sponsor not the applicant as they have nothing much to do with a visit visa its about the person who sponsers them ,
    Then again if they loaded they dont need a sponsor and just need to prove where there money comes from .