Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

RSS Feed Saudi woman 'trapped at Bangkok airport trying to flee family'

The woman says she fled her family and fears being killed if forced to return from Bangkok airport.

Read full article ...

(This post was generated automatically by Thailand-UK.com from the BBC News Asia RSS Feed)

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Big AL's Avatar

It will be terrible if Thailand sned this poor woman back to the 8th century and to her death.

Old Hand มือเก่า

Why did she give her passport to someone who is not allowed to take it all be it she is young ,
    Should be allowed to travel if all documentation is correct looks like some tea money or second wife needs a new car .
    But i do agree with Thailand on there no refugees stance .
    Last edited by Samsung; 6th Jan 2019 at 19:51.

RSS Feed Saudi embassy says woman 'still has her passport'

Saudi officials deny taking her passport at Bangkok airport as she tried to flee her family.

Read full article ...

(This post was generated automatically by Thailand-UK.com from the BBC News Asia RSS Feed)

Member สมาชิก

UPDATE: After I posted below it states on the news that Thailand will not deport her due to safety concerns.

ORIGINAL POST:
    To be honest I think I'd hate to go back to Saudi Arabia if I was from there considering what happened to that guy in Turkey.
    Saudi has the west in its pocket and does whatever it wants yet any other country gets sanctioned.

The latest update is she has locked herself in her hotel at the airport. If you are trying to flee your country then Thailand has got to be one of the worst places to stop off as Thailand has no either with sending people back to where they belong.
    A bit like that other guy (some footballer I think) in the news who was granted refugee status in Australia and went on holiday to Thailand and got arrested as he was wanted by his home country.

Pateley Bridge, North Yorkshire/ Khao Yai, Korat

Quote Originally Posted by T-UK View Post
    Saudi officials deny taking her passport at Bangkok airport as she tried to flee her family.
    They also deny having anything to do with the murder of Jamal Khashoggi.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsw727 View Post
    UPDATE: After I posted below it states on the news that Thailand will not deport her due to safety concerns.

ORIGINAL POST:
    To be honest I think I'd hate to go back to Saudi Arabia if I was from there considering what happened to that guy in Turkey.
    Saudi has the west in its pocket and does whatever it wants yet any other country gets sanctioned.

The latest update is she has locked herself in her hotel at the airport. If you are trying to flee your country then Thailand has got to be one of the worst places to stop off as Thailand has no either with sending people back to where they belong.
    A bit like that other guy (some footballer I think) in the news who was granted refugee status in Australia and went on holiday to Thailand and got arrested as he was wanted by his home country.
    Footballer plays for a club in Australia, his "Home" country who want him back is Bahrain.
    bangkok mags

Old Hand มือเก่า

No one is allowed your passport only them that need it .
    i:e border control
    Then im sure you could demand it back unless a court order says not .
    Then again from my wifes home i could be in laos in 8 mins passport needed not unless they have a check point every mile on the mekong .

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Lonerider's Avatar
    Yorkshireman divided between Chum Phae & Iraq

If the Saudi passport is like the British passport, i.e (i think)its a privilege not a right, then it can be taken at any time? I am sure Tobias will correct me if i am wrong. If it was a government official then they would have had the right to take it, however i would doubt if he would have been allowed air side without the Thai's agreement

In fact, just looked at mine....The passport remains the property of the crown at all times and can be cancelled at any time ....
    Last edited by Lonerider; 8th Jan 2019 at 08:39. Reason: adding information

RSS Feed Saudi woman 'given refugee status'

A woman who fled her Saudi family and refused to leave a Bangkok hotel given refugee status by UN, Australia says

Read full article ...

RSS Feed Rahaf al-Qunun flying to Canada in asylum bid

Rahaf al-Qunun, 18, fled her family and barricaded herself in a hotel room in Bangkok.

Read full article ...

Pateley Bridge, North Yorkshire/ Khao Yai, Korat

This case has highlighted the plight of women living in Saudi Arabia. Their male guardianship system has aboslutely no place in today's world and its time the rest of the world told them that.

Together with the murder of Jamal Khashoggi and high profile human rights abuses - I just wonder what they have to do before countries like the UK and USA refuse to do business with them? The EU refuses to do business with several countries or industries within those countries over issues that are less serious yet member states are still have a normal trading relationship with Saudi Arabia. Cash is king I guess.

Member สมาชิก

I agree. Just look at how different the UK treated Russia after the Novichok attack.
    If the Jamal Khashoggi thing happened in the UK I doubt Saudi Arabia would have been sanctioned.
    Disgusting how someone can go into a place supposed to be safe and not make it out.

The UK and USA claim that Saudi Arabia is helping them fight terrorism and don’t want to lose that important relationship with them (money).

I’m glad her thing got sorted out and I also hope she doesn’t pay a visit to her local embassy or consulate.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ nigel&panada's Avatar

An awful country with absolutely appalling human rights, I'm glad for her that she has got out and hopefully a safe happy life in Canada. Its testament to the vacuous hypocrisy of western governments that they have anything to do with this country. I have a friend who was stationed there in the first gulf war and he said the Saudi's they were working in liaison with actively encouraged them to attend the public beheadings because it brought extra shame on the victim to have an infidel witness their execution. We get oil and we flog them weapons systems and that's about it other than stopping the Russians flogging them weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by nigel&panada View Post
    We get oil and we flog them weapons systems and that's about it other than stopping the Russians flogging them weapons.
    A few years ago they were buying from both the US and Russia. Serious money is involved, tens of billions a year.
    The clock on the wall reads a quarter past midnight