Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  18
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default First settlement visa granted

Hi all,

I am happy to say that my wife's settlement visa has been granted,It took exactly 12 weeks to the day for it to be processed. I would like to thank each and every one of you, who helped and offered advice in this process. Hopefully now that we've had a positive outcome, I can offer some sort of advice to others going through the same process. I didn't want to offer any advice until I knew we had been successful ourselves.

My wife will be here in the UK on 24th of this month, happy days

Once again, thanks everyone.

Andy.

Congratulations, remember to keep an eye on and prepare for the next visa stages leading up to citizenship

Many congratulations!

Old Hand มือเก่า

congrats on the news the page on here to prepare your wife and yourself is good and funny .
    Might help you and your misses settle in if you have not read it .
    All the best .

Member สมาชิก

Congrats and great news.

Member สมาชิก

Really pleased for you both
    Thankyou for offering help in the future rather than dissappearing off into the sunset.
    Early stages in the visit visa process but fingers crossed I'll be where you are now in a couple of years time.
    Well done

Member สมาชิก

Congratulations Andy. Happy it’s all sorted for you.

Flip recommended to me that I took a look at the FLR requirements sooner than later and I agree with him. For FLR you need mail to you and your wife or individually over the next 30 months. Well worth taking a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Dippychippy View Post
    Early stages in the visit visa process but fingers crossed I'll be where you are now in a couple of years time.
    Well done
    Just keep at it mate, as long as you both meet the criteria, there shouldn't be a problem. Our first VV was refused due to 'lack of relationship evidence' but even that didn't go against us for the next 2 VV applications.

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Thanks everyone, much appreciated. I'll be sure to read up on the next FLR stage, not leaving it till last minute like i usually do

Old Hand มือเก่า

hi the problem i encountered was is most things are done online now ie gas/elec bills, council tax ,wage slips ,
    water bill ask for paper copy of bill,and after 2 years i spent must have been around £30 printing copies of bank statements and such at the local library .
    I would suggest like others have said go through the requirements and spend a hour every month preparing.
    Says me looking at a pile of papers under the coffee table .
    And do get your misses go for B1 rather than A 2 its a breeze so my misses said .
    Also i know your excited make sure all paperwork is returned ie marriage certificates ,maybe get your misses get a police check before she comes for work .
    My wife went for a Job at the airport cleaning up planes after us lot ,it was a no go as a full background check is required .
    Expensive to gain from the uk as long as missing translations are .
    But first and foremost settle her in it will be hard work a smile every day and a hug goes a long way .
    Its not easy and you will have ups and downs remember she give her life up to be with you i get told that at least 2 times a year .
    Have fun and hope you all the best .good luck and fortune for your new life .
    samsung
    Last edited by Samsung; 15th Jan 2019 at 23:18.

Thanks for the kind words and advice, Samsung. It seems she may have a job waiting for her, through one of her Thai friends here. She's not hanging about haha. The job is working in some restaurant nearby but I don't know any details yet, still, it's a good start.

Andy.