Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Default spouse visa - maybe missing some supporting documents

If your application is in and you have already supplied supporting documents, but no decision has been made, can you send more documents?

I have stressed myself out by reading refusals on the forum and now think I should have sent more documents to support my wife's application.

If yes, can anyone clarify some points:

1. Our accommodation is supplied by my employer and we will share the accommodation with him. I have supplied a letter from him, my employment contract stating my right to reside there, council tax bills, floor plan and photos. Did I need to supply his business lease for the property and a property inspection report?

2. Should I have included photos of me and my wife. I presumed that our marriage certificates, 2 previous 6 month visit visas, money transfers, joint flights would be sufficient.

3. Im in salaried employment paid weekly in cash. The salary is £19k but I also receive tips. I deposited the money once a month into my personal bank account. I supplied original payslips from the company for 52 weeks and the original bank statements, I also included a letter from the employer. I did not send this years P60 as it showed an income of £18,300 for the last year. The reason it was less than £19k is due to taking extra time off to visit my wife in Thailand and prepare for the visa and marriage. Should I have included it or is the evidence I sent sufficient?

Am I stressing unnecessarily or have I made some stupid mistakes?

Old Hand มือเก่า

The letter from your employment should be enough along with payslips that is what they ask for but when i received my wife's application back certain docs had been earmarked ie passport marriage certs and my p 60 s all paper clipped together and numbered i think they have the info and its just easier for them to use official docs but they dont request you to send the p 60 s .

I may be wrong but I think UKVI request extra documents if they need them. I am pretty sure you can’t send more. Are you saying your P60 doesn’t show a salary of £18,600 or above? They can check it any way with HMRC. Have you provided bank statements showing you have banked more than £18,600 pa and do your payslips show more than £18,600 pa?

They no longer want photos and you really don't need to supply a business lease for the property and a property inspection report?

The last 6 months of payslips shows an income of £19k, the last 6 months of bank statements shows deposits of just over £19k (due to gratuities) but the P60 only shows £18.3 due to some extra time off at the start of the tax year.

I know nothing about the way that HMRC or UKVI deal with tips.

Just because you didn’t supply the P60 doesn't mean that UKVI don't have access to it. They do. You and the applicant sign declarations to give them permission to access anything you have relied on for the visa application.

Yes I understand that.

The application meets the requirement for salaried employed with employer for more than 6 months. The P60 doesn't change that fact but it may have confused the ECO.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    Yes I understand that.

The application meets the requirement for salaried employed with employer for more than 6 months. The P60 doesn't change that fact but it may have confused the ECO.
    It might but the ECO will still have access to it.

yep, doesn't affect eligibility though:

"5.1.1. Where the applicant’s partner (and/or the applicant if they are in the UK with permission towork) is in salaried employment at the date of application and has been with the sameemployer for at least 6 months prior to the date of application, they can count their grossannual salary towards the financial requirement. In doing so they must have been paidthroughout the period of 6 months prior to the date of application at a level of grossannual salary which equals or exceeds the level relied upon in the application. "