Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Old Hand มือเก่า

Default Big problem [where to apply for Schengen Visa]

Its not a big problem i think i have a plan how this works but clarification will help .
    My wife wants to go to Germany this year i live in Manchester how do i go about this with out having to TRAVEL TO LONDON cost is OK if under £300 not to bothered but do not want to go to London or Edinburgh .
    Any clues how to do this as i have found it difficult .
    Stupid web site VFS

VFS is no longer processing visas for Germany.

VisaMetric now has that contract. There is a VisaMetric office in Manchester which seems to offer the Schenghen visa application service which your wife and you require. You'll need to apply for an appointment online.

Old Hand มือเก่า

Cheers tom hope it works as vfs site never did and when i phoned them problems and always directed you elsewhere (in other words ive got 4 hours at work left minus 30 mins lunch break i dont want this problem i pass it on )
    Thats how i found them i give the new company a try a bit of european travel this year if all is ok with you know what .the B word

Samsung assuming your Mrs gets a Visa, what part / parts of Germany is she interested in seeing ?
    My Mrs loved Berlin (im sure she would like Bavaria) one place I liked was Koblenz, I took a couple of days stop - over between Frankfurt and Gelsenkirchen (Schalke 04 tournament featuring NUFC)
    If you want to visit a few places you can buy advanced (cheap) Rail Tickets via Deutsche Bahn : https://www.bahn.com/en/view/index.shtml
    bangkok mags

Old Hand มือเก่า

ah we have a friend in bierfield close to the dutch border who she wants to visit while she has the visa i may as well make use of it ie travel to coste del sol .Portugal Italy.
    She doesnt seem keen maybe a bit of bluff but im sure once she hits the beach in benalmadena and the smell of cooking fish takes over i have a nice weeks rest while she samples the local food

Furniture เฟอร์นิเจอร์

Slightly off topic, but not. I am thinking of a trip back to the UK and was thinking of taking a friend. She already has a visa for visting Finland where her sister lives valid for a year apparently. Could she get a schengen type visa based on this to go the UK.
    I have not mentioned this idea to her, I really don't want to go down the visit visa route as I've not lived in the UK for 6 years and don't have any ties there now.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmbo60 View Post
    Slightly off topic, but not. I am thinking of a trip back to the UK and was thinking of taking a friend. She already has a visa for visting Finland where her sister lives valid for a year apparently. Could she get a schengen type visa based on this to go the UK.
    I have not mentioned this idea to her, I really don't want to go down the visit visa route as I've not lived in the UK for 6 years and don't have any ties there now.
    My Mrs also has a Sister living in Finland, these days Finland is in the Schengen area, pre Schengen Mrs just had Finnish visas. When he visited UK and Finland using a Thai Passport she had a Schengen Visa issued by the Finnish Embassy in BKK and a UK Visit Visa also from BKK on that occasion she went to UK 1st, I think I picked her up at Gatwick, we had a few weeks in UK then went to Tampere in Finland had a few days before going to Espoo / Helsinki, as she had a Schengen visa we got the overnight ferry from Helsinki to Stockholm then flew to Paris after that re-entered UK after flying Paris to Belfast. Not sure what type of Visa your friend could have, but the UK is not in Schengen, so would need a UK Visit Visa.
    After Mrs received her UK passport, didn't need to worry about visas for Finland. I take it your friend is a Thai Passport Holder ?
    bangkok mags

Furniture เฟอร์นิเจอร์

Thanks for the reply.
    Well won't mention the idea of coming to UK, I can't really be bothered to go through all the yip yip yip that will go along with it. lol. Let her go visit her sister.
    Thinking again she did say she didn't like the UK , an out for me, maybe she had a visit visa before.

Old Hand มือเก่า

Quote Originally Posted by Tom & Nok View Post
    VFS is no longer processing visas for Germany.

VisaMetric now has that contract. There is a VisaMetric office in Manchester which seems to offer the Schenghen visa application service which your wife and you require. You'll need to apply for an appointment online.
    Just had a quick look seems they want a million questions and prof of hotel and bank accounts .
    Im sure that just being married to a EU citizen is enough for travel to these Zones or am i not a Eu citizen just a thought .

As long as you are married and have your marriage certificate and a translation if needed they should fast track your visa with minimal information.

Old Hand มือเก่า

i will speak to them and have a day out in Manchester ,get the misses passport sorted first .good job its winter and with the Brexit rumbling on i shall put everything into action in april and update to how i got on for future guys and girls

Old Hand มือเก่า

Just checked visametric website out basically they are saying no visa can be issued after the 29th march ,
    I must admit the uncertainty around Britain leaving the EU is a joke and i voted to leave very poor by our members of Parliament .

The message applies to UK citizens with effect from 30th March in the event of a no-deal Brexit.

The notice states that, in the event of leaving with no agreement, the UK would no longer be an EU member state and so there is no longer any freedom of movement provision. However your non-EU wife can still apply for a normal full cost Schengen visa as a non-EU national for travel involving being in Germany when/if the no-deal withdrawal occurs.

For those of us who hold Irish passports, there's no change - our spouses can still benefit from EU freedom of movement privileges.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Old Hand มือเก่า

nice one tom i couldnt copy and paste it what visa would i apply for then a lot of uncertainty .
    I can not plan any travel yet as i am going to london march 30th to renew the wifes passport so i just keep checking back hopefully things will be more clearer .