Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  19
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries

I don’t know if he is a member here or not; I do not recognise the individual in the photograph found in caller’s link above. If he had attended a T-UK gathering I think I would have remembered him.
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    It’s better to be 6 feet apart than to be 6 feet under.

"This is at least bringing some sort of closure for the family who no doubt want to carry out some Buddhist ritual but I doubt the body will be released".

There was a Crowdfunding Link on my FB today to bring the Lady's remains or ashes back to TH.
    bangkok mags

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Big AL's Avatar

Perhaps Mr Armitage should return to the UK to assist police. Life could become uncomfortable for him in Thailand. Otherwise British police will travel to Thailand and that will attract attention. It might not be safe for him.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Elad View Post
    I heard somewhere that when dying of hypothermia you start to burn up to the point of ripping your clothes off just before death.
    I did watch a recent movie sure it was set in wyoming about a young lady found naked and they did suggest this is what happens WIND RIVER is the movie .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Big AL View Post
    Perhaps Mr Armitage should return to the UK to assist police. Life could become uncomfortable for him in Thailand. Otherwise British police will travel to Thailand and that will attract attention. It might not be safe for him.
    I think we need to be careful here and not jump to any conclusions. There is nothing reported so far that implies Mr Armitage is involved or is of interest to the police.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Police are working with the Crown Prosecution Service to obtain the legal authority to interview members of Lamduan’s family and conduct inquiries in Thailand and the UK ,” the force said in a statement.

Do you think that if police travel to Thailand they will won't interview Mr Armitage?

There has been media coverage in Thailand and the Thai Ministry of Justice has weighed in, speaking of assisting the family claiming compensation.

Blog Entries

Even so, Mr Armitage has not been accused of, nor charged for, any crime and until such time that changes (if it ever does) we need to be careful not to cast aspersions.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Agreed, reading through some of the information it gave the impression that the family had moved back down to Rugby and were living there at the time she was found many miles away. There are too many unknowns around the circumstances at the moment which will hopefully be cleared up by a full investigation now that her identity is known.

My other half just showed me a short video and photo's posted by a Thai association in the UK. Several Thai ladies visited the village where the grave is to lay flowers and pay their respects. A nice touch I thought.
    'Tis me

I neither jumped to conclusions nor cast aspersions. On the contrary, I simply expressed concern that Mr A might be harassed by Thai press/Thai TV (this has already happened) or become subject to Thai police or Thai justice, which is not something I would wish on anyone in these circumstances. British police will certainly want to interview him, as the spouse of the decease lady. However, if he is a teacher, leaving Thailand would interupt his students' education and probably Mr A's income.