Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rookie มือใหม่

Default Thai Airways flights

Hi everyone,no idea if any of you constantly look at flights and prices like I always seem to be doing but after the last Thai Airways app update I can now book my flights from my local airport,Manchester.
    However,the first flight from Manchester is from what I have seen today either with Lufthansa or Brussels airlines with the Thai flight the second flight after a lay-over.
    Price wise between £800-£900 for economy as of today (26/01/19),I haven't looked at any premium prices yet.
    Yes its way more than the ME3 and even Finnair but it's at least another option for landing in BKK with a 1 stopover ticket.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ PlymouthNick's Avatar

Just a thought...Couldn't you get a train to London and then a direct flight to Bkk. I live in Plymouth and have no choice, 3 1/2 hour train to London then get the evening flight. Always works out fine. Its only a 2 hour train for you too...I always book the train well in advanced...cheapest about £14.00 with my railcard.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

I have been looking at one way flights back to the UK for late march early April, i saw thai are now showing Manchester, but on looking its a stop over in Brussels, cheapest one way was 27,000 baht, i finally booked to Heathrow 14,600 baht, out of the better airlines they were the cheapest, on the 0055 flight its an A380 every other day, not been on Thai for a few years, here's hoping its a good flight

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ PlymouthNick's Avatar

I find the A380 comfortable and you could easily end up with no one next to you. Baggage does seem ages seeing its the big airplane.

Old Hand มือเก่า

This order for Manchester flights to Thailand any of the big 3 Etihad,,Qatar, Emirates ,then fin air swiss air rest are pants.
    Swiss do code share with the Germans so could be a stop over in Frankfurt

Quote Originally Posted by Samsung View Post
    This order for Manchester flights to Thailand any of the big 3 Etihad,,Qatar, Emirates ,then fin air swiss air rest are pants.
    Swiss do code share with the Germans so could be a stop over in Frankfurt
    Cathay are good to Manchester A350

Old Hand มือเก่า

is there stop over hong kong which is past thailand maybe Singapore im not sure but 18 cigs into hong kong not for me ..aiports and transit time is important eva is very good but itsthe whole shalbang ie air france but charles de guall airport isnt nice .good flight times cheap as well but airline and airport is bad

is there stop over hong kong which is past thailand maybe Singapore im not sure but 18 cigs into hong kong not for me
    Yes there is. Only managed to get a good price once and the flight was great, but it's the going passed BKK and then back again that is a pain.
    I'm ONE of the 52%

Old Hand มือเก่า

Quote Originally Posted by Gary & Nok View Post
    Yes there is. Only managed to get a good price once and the flight was great, but it's the going passed BKK and then back again that is a pain.
    BUT great airline .
    Next time i go i might try this route and have a 3 night stay in Hong Kong or Singapore dont tell the misses i just say say its the only flight cheap .

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PlymouthNick View Post
    Just a thought...Couldn't you get a train to London and then a direct flight to Bkk. I live in Plymouth and have no choice, 3 1/2 hour train to London then get the evening flight. Always works out fine. Its only a 2 hour train for you too...I always book the train well in advanced...cheapest about £14.00 with my railcard.
    No in my eyes this is not a option Manchester -London euston then you have to travel across London i did fly to LHR from Manchester once then a couple hours stop over in London and i would say this is not the best route from Manchester avoid LHR if you can ;

Look at Amsterdam direct to BKK even with the cost of a cheap Uk ams flight might save money but obviously there are risks of missing connections as it 2 separate tickets.

I just booked business class return to Johannesburg using BA originating in ams total cost 1260 gbp via Heathrow , same flight LHR - JNB direct same plane etc. 3400 gbp.

I can get to Amsterdam for 118 pounds return , trainfare to LHR 200 pounds

I regularly do the same to BKK with KLM similar savings only downside is baggage but as I normally only take carry on baggage not a problem
    Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

No in my eyes this is not a option Manchester -London euston then you have to travel across London i did fly to LHR from Manchester once then a couple hours stop over in London and i would say this is not the best route from Manchester avoid LHR if you can ;
    Have you tried National Express bus instead of train. Takes you straight to the bus station and a short walk to terminal 2 for Thai or EVA. Easy.
    I'm ONE of the 52%

Blog Entries

... No in my eyes this is not a option Manchester -London euston then you have to travel across London i did fly to LHR from Manchester once then a couple hours stop over in London and i would say this is not the best route from Manchester avoid LHR if you can ;
    I fly from MAN to LHR almost weekly (sometimes several times a week). I find it a perfectly acceptable place to transfer between flights especially so if connecting on to BA.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Tobias I was shocked by the saving via Amsterdam not sure if its a BA sale but for me Humberside to Amsterdam is a 1 hour flight and I just saved 2000 pounds plus on the flight to johannesburg via LHR.

Got a quote for BKK in October 1213 pounds AMS-BKK in business

Saving in economy negligible but for business almost makes it affordable
    Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

Blog Entries

Yes, there have been some excellent fares from AMS on BA recently - Business Class to BKK can be had for £1200 (exchange rate variations excepted).
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Old Hand มือเก่า

i flew from man to lhr and had a connecting flight on to Thailand own fault didnt look at the carriers only the flight time and connection ended up with a overnight night Qantas from america worst flight i have ever been on .ever and i flown some dodgy airlines .The BA flight from Manchester to LHR was great the change in terminals was poor and not pleasant.
    My own network of Friends would not recommend this route all have done it and flown numerous airlines .
    The bus no would not do that that would be giving you around a 9 hour trip from my home and i would only be in London .
    Plenty of airlines from Manchester-Thailand The Swiss was Fantastic return via Frankfurt with the Germans was not bad code share but for price, time ,
    The big 3 Arab carriers .
    The wife has done Fin Air and she said it was good i have not but she doesnt mind 12 hours on a bus from Nong Khail to Bangkok .
    PS BA was not all that bad just that little bit and 12-13 hours of it has stuck in my throat a little .
    i did extend my stay in Thailand on this trip and the change of flight was no problem got charged a little by the travel agency i left it with.
    but had to get virgin euston -manchester again great travel .but the underground LHR-Euston ranks along side the above
    And to be honest apart from travel in august and xmas time all flights are usually under £500 from Manchester-Bkk with good connection times .
    Last edited by Samsung; 7th Feb 2019 at 11:32.

Blog Entries

i flew from man to lhr and had a connecting flight on to Thailand own fault didnt look at the carriers only the flight time and connection ended up with a overnight night Qantas from america worst flight i have ever been on .ever and i flown some dodgy airlines .The BA flight from Manchester to LHR was great the change in terminals was poor and not pleasant ...
    The connection to the BA flight is great! You arrive and depart from Terminal 5, no security and you will be airside for your BKK flight within 1-2 minutes of disembarking. There are lots of places to eat and drink whilst waiting for your connection, including reasonably priced options such as Wetherspoons (High Street prices).

I'm not a fan of Terminal 3 (where Qantas and Cathay Pacific depart from) but T5 is good, as is T2 (but you will need to take the airside bus to T2, which I agree is a pain).
    Tobias - โทเบียส

I have just read that bookings on Thai Airways between Europe and Asia (and some other routes) sold and ticketed from the 1st April 2019 and until further notice will have a baggage allowance of 20k (down from 30k) in the lowest booking classes/cheap seats L, V and W.
    Other classes as yet no change.

On that basis I think Thai will loose out big time Eva looks favourable and cheaper Will be watching very closely when I next book
    Melnathan

I read it was the 01/07/19 on the Thai Airways website.
    I did a search online LHR - BKK in July and baggage was still 30kg.

However, domestic flights were 20kg.
    Pretty annoying and it was what made me choose Thai Airways to fly domestic plus the promotions were sometimes cheap than the budget carriers.

My wife likes to go overboard with bringing stuff back and we always need to fit flying to Phuket into our schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Yes, there have been some excellent fares from AMS on BA recently - Business Class to BKK can be had for £1200 (exchange rate variations excepted).
    just had a look for ams/bkk/ams out aug 2019 return feb 2020 1440 euros, but need the return for april/may 2020 so will have to wait a few months to look again, but a good price