Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Essex boys's Avatar

Default Visit visa for a Thai wife

Hi all, my friend in Thailand wants to get a visa for his wife to come with him on a visit to his hometown in Scotland, they have been married 6 years and he has lived in Thailand for about 7 years, he doesn't work but they own a small roadside coffee shop which gives them a modest income on top of his forces pension, they have a daughter who is 15 ( from her previous marriage) should he apply for a visit visa to allow his wife to travel to Scotland with him? They will only make this trip once as they both want to remain living in Thailand.
    many thanks for any help in advance
    essex boys

As far as I can see his wife would just need the normal Visit Visa, are they going to be in the UK less than 6 months ? Has the Lady had any issues with Foreign immigration IE refused entry to another country ? If not full steam ahead, just guessing they will be traveling out / back together ? Reason to return: they reside in TH together and they / she owns a business etc.
    Good luck to them, be nice if they planned to be there, the day of Scotland's Summer.
    bangkok mags

Hi sisaket , she has never travelled outside of Thailand so all should be ok, they will visit Scotland for about two weeks and the possibly spend a week in London, I'm happy for them to use my house as an address for them to stay, they are thinking of visiting in January 2020, which ties up nicely with my retirement to Thailand at the end of January 2020, we will all fly back together. Funnily enough his wife wants to see snow so hence January being their choice, but Sod's law will say that Scotland has it's warmest winter ever in that month....

From what you have said, she should have no difficulty getting a visa. Her reason to return is that she lives in Thailand with her husband and has done for a long time. They only have to show that they have sufficient money to fund the trip and somewhere to stay in the UK. Even better if it's free.

Scotland is probably the best place in the UK to see snow. Just makes sure that she wraps up warm...

Quote Originally Posted by Essex boys View Post
    Hi sisaket , she has never travelled outside of Thailand so all should be ok, they will visit Scotland for about two weeks and the possibly spend a week in London, I'm happy for them to use my house as an address for them to stay, they are thinking of visiting in January 2020, which ties up nicely with my retirement to Thailand at the end of January 2020, we will all fly back together. Funnily enough his wife wants to see snow so hence January being their choice, but Sod's law will say that Scotland has it's warmest winter ever in that month....
    Snow Fife.jpg
    When we lived in Scotland, this was a moment Mrs went from 3 pairs of socks to 5 just looking out the window, a slight dusting of snow, Mrs used to wear thin layers of thermal clothing bought from Decathlon, there is a branch in Bang Na (BKK) and I think can buy online in TH but not 100% sure.
    Hope everything works out for you all, the Lady just needs to dress for the weather and she will enjoy her trip.
    bangkok mags

Hi rasg & sisaket, thank you both for your replys, my gf visited me in London from the 17th January till the 25th January, her visit visa runs out on the 19th February so we decided she should visit again before her visa expired, we went to Edinburgh for a few days and we got a bit of snow in Edinburgh, and then we drove to aviemore plenty of snow there and the gf was super excited at being in snow for the first time in her life....we finished off a wonderful trip in Edinburgh and flew back to London, where to her amazement it snowed quite heavily this led to more videos and pictures and the gf now understands that 15 degrees on occasions in Thailand is not cold.....Aviemore was at -6 degrees!....anyway, whole point if the story is that on her return to Thailand she visited my mate who is Scottish and dropped off some prezzies we had bought him, his wife saw the snow videos etc and the beauty of the city of Edinburgh and now she wants to visit in January 2020.....hence the visit visa question.
    beautiful looking house by the way sisaket.....
    many thanks
    essex boys

The houses were indeed stunning, but rented for us, I had a housing allowance that more that took care of the costs, we could drive to Edinburgh between 30/40 minutes, Aviemore or Glenshee are often good places to see snow, excellent your GF could experience Snow, sometimes we take things for granted.
    bangkok mags