Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Member สมาชิก

Default FLR (M) due to expire in September 2019

Hello Folks, my wfies FLR (M) is due to expire in Septmeber this year. Will she face any travel restrictions as the expiry date approaches?

We are planning on returning to Thialand for a month in May. Will she have any problem travelling through transit countries or gaining entry back into the UK?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Irishfella View Post
    Hello Folks, my wfies FLR (M) is due to expire in Septmeber this year. Will she face any travel restrictions as the expiry date approaches?

We are planning on returning to Thialand for a month in May. Will she have any problem travelling through transit countries or gaining entry back into the UK?

Thanks
    Wouldn't think your Mrs would have any problems as her FLR is still within validity re-entering the UK and if she is transiting flights also very unlikely to face problems as she will be Airside IE not entering another country, if you used point to point airlines such as Ryanair / Easyjet etc for part of your journey like I have in the past this may require re-checking in : UK > Paris (Easyjet) - collect bags re-check in (with Air France) > Paris > BKK, this would mean going through immigration / passport control.
    bangkok mags

Member สมาชิก

Hi there. Thanks for your reply. We will be applying for an Irish visitors visa as we live in The North of Ireland and we will bus it down to Dublin Airport. Can easily save atleast 200 to 300 pounds each departing from Dublin.

Quote Originally Posted by Irishfella View Post
    Hi there. Thanks for your reply. We will be applying for an Irish visitors visa as we live in The North of Ireland and we will bus it down to Dublin Airport. Can easily save atleast 200 to 300 pounds each departing from Dublin.
    Well done , great idea , done it myself , flew Edinburgh to Dublin with Ryanair , started the intercontinental journey from Dublin , was American Airlines ticket but operated by BA - Dublin > Transit Heathrow > Toronto (Out) Panama > Miami (took free stop over for a few days in Miami Beach)> NYC (JFK) > Dublin with AA (Back) Mrs is a fan of Titanic so took the bus to Belfast so she could go to the Museum etc , flew back to Edinburgh from Belfast City Airport , Starting from Dublin instead of a UK airport saved around £300 each.
    bangkok mags

Old Hand มือเก่า

SO if you traveled to Dublin airport from northern island they would be no checks till your misses got to Dublin airport were she would be a illegal immigrant once the checks are done and she hasnt got a visa allowed to enter the country .
    so much for the EU controlling there borders might i say .
    letting anyone into there Zone

The whole argument on the backstop is because the Irish border is open just now its not a question of EU not controlling the border it the common travel area
    Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

Old Hand มือเก่า

Quote Originally Posted by ash View Post
    The whole argument on the backstop is because the Irish border is open just now its not a question of EU not controlling the border it the common travel area
    When it suits in my eyes by both party's UK and the EU or they just can not control there borders full stop .where millions of migrants just wonder through

Quote Originally Posted by Samsung View Post
    When it suits in my eyes by both party's UK and the EU or they just can not control there borders full stop .where millions of migrants just wonder through
    Millions wondering maybe , millions of migrants just shows your paranoia

It was big news that 12 or so crossed the channel hardly a flood at that rate an asteroid will wipe us out before we see millions
    Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

Assuming all arriving in Europe are not detected then I am really worried about an asteroid hit now

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-44660699

Tesco annoyed me yesterday when they refused to take back some cake decorations that were not what I expected. Last time I ever buy hundreds and thousands from them!

Member สมาชิก

Quote Originally Posted by Samsung View Post
    The most simple and logical think for Britain to do would be to leave Ireland altogether and therefore remove any land borders with the EU

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The most simple and logical think for Britain to do would be to leave Ireland altogether and therefore remove any land borders with the EU
    I think that if we do eventually leave the EU properly then Ireland will have another referendum and vote to leave too, this time though there wouldn't be a further referendum to try and change it. Ignoring the extremism in Ireland and Northern Ireland/UK we have always got on very well, and thanks be... for that.

Member สมาชิก

Quote Originally Posted by KhunIanB-UK View Post
    I think that if we do eventually leave the EU properly then Ireland will have another referendum and vote to leave too, this time though there wouldn't be a further referendum to try and change it. Ignoring the extremism in Ireland and Northern Ireland/UK we have always got on very well, and thanks be... for that.
    Why do you think that?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KhunIanB-UK View Post
    There have been many polls over the years which show that a consistently high percentage of the population of Ireland approve of Ireland's membership of the EU - the figures have tended to fluctuate between 70% and 90% over the years.

The most recent published data (December 2018) regarding Northern Ireland (NI) shows that a majority of the NI population (including some unionists) would favour a united Ireland in the event of a no deal Brexit. The fieldwork carried out by LucidTalk, which is based in Belfast, found that 57% of the population of NI would favour remaining within the EU by joining with the Irish Republic. LucidTalk has a strong reputation built upon a a very good track record - they forecast the NI EU referendum result (remain) within 1% and the 2017 NI Assembly results within 1%.

The prospect of an east-west customs union border (ie the Irish Sea) for the backstop was shot down by the DUP to whom Mrs May and the Conservatives have found themselves beholden. The tail truly is wagging the dog. Oh, the irony of it all!
    "I can calculate the movement of the stars, but not the madness of men" Sir Isaac Newton

Why do you think that?
    During about a year and a half working in Dublin there were many discussions about the EU and issues similar to those experienced in the UK, the number of people that were anti-EU and anti-Euro really surprised me. If the UK were to leave the EU with a no deal then I think that with the two way trade and association that most Irish have with the UK rather than the lesser amount with the EU, one of the only things that might be a plus for them remaining in the EU would be their net beneficiary status of the EU budget. This might be overlooked by a major trading partner of the UK being of more value to them and the underlying resentment of immigration from areas of Europe that, particularly in Dublin, have a lot of these immigrants living on the streets or in a "black economy".

There have been many polls over the years which show that a consistently high percentage of the population of Ireland approve of Ireland's membership of the EU - the figures have tended to fluctuate between 70% and 90% over the years.
    It would be interesting to see what the results of a poll would be if it included the UK not being in the EU.

Of course there would be many politicians in Ireland who would not want to leave the EU, but bearing in mind the Lisbon Treaty Referendum Referendums, if another vote went to the people after UK firm exit from the EU, I would expect there to be a Leave majority there too...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refere...eaty_of_Lisbon

Irish Referendums.jpg

Old Hand มือเก่า

Quote Originally Posted by ash View Post
    Millions wondering maybe , millions of migrants just shows your paranoia

It was big news that 12 or so crossed the channel hardly a flood at that rate an asteroid will wipe us out before we see millions
    Might have not explained what i mean ,has your figures show we can control our borders and shores its the EU that can not a few more than 12 around 1 million in 2015 alone first hit if you ask google the question .
    How many migrants are there in the EU?